I Messed Up My Dates

I need to get another non-immigrant visa but am not going to London till christmas, Is Penang still a good place to get one ? Do they issue non-immigrant 'o' multiple entry visas ? are they annoyingly tight ? (keep in my I have 3 previous non immi visas) How long does it take ?

Answers please :o:D:D much obliged :D:D:(

It depends on the purpose of your visit to Thailand. If it is to visit Thai wife I would until two days ago have said that Kuala Lumpur is the most likely place in the region to get a multiple-entry non-O visa but based on this post the situation may have changed there.

Not many recent successes in Penang have been posted recently but for an overview please see this topic:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Latest-Repor...on-t189375.html

--

Maestro

Yes I am married to a Thai and have a child of Thai/British nationality. I think I might just wait until I go to London this christmas and just get a few 30 day stamps to take me to December. I fancy a bit of gamberling anyway :o

Does anyone know what actual affect having a child who is Thai is on a Visa application ? From my experience I have had such an easy time with getting visas but I have only ever got them in London where they all know me.

The official requirements for the non-O visa application make no difference whether a foreigner married to a Thai also has a child but the possibility that a consular official gives preferential treatment in such case cannot be excluded. The stated purpose of the trip being “to visit family”, a child makes one more family member to visit.

--

Maestro

Thats exactly what I think, everytime I would get my non immi before the babe came a long they hounded me like I was a convicted felon but now they do not even speak to me, they just take everything no questions asked smiles and says see you tomorrow :o

I really think the Thai foreign minstry should seriously look into a new visa catagory if you have a child, although this might open the doors to some people having babies for visas and not looking after them which is a horrible thought. I do not understand why they tell you that someone may visit you at home to check on you but then they never do. I wish they would come and visit me at home randomly over the period of a year and then at the end of the checks say ok you are genuine here is a multiple entry family/resident visa and the fee is ??? ??? How much easier would that be !

Edited by bravingbangkok