A Negative Blood Urgently Needed

friendineed

Dear Thai Visa members,

My friend Derrick is in Hospital, and will die unless he gets a donation of A (negative) blood within the next few days. He's in Hospital in Samut Sakhon, just outside Bangkok. He has a bleeding stomach ulcer and the hospital says it's unable to find any more blood of his blood group.

Please, if anyone is able to give him some of their A (negative) in the next few days, you may just save his life. Please, don't feel that you are too far from his hospital, i'm sure we can arrange for your travel to Samut Sakhon. Derrick is a decent fellow, has many friends where he lives in Cha Am, unfortunately none with the right blood group.

Again, i'm pleading for someone to help in donating some blood to save his life.

Thanks.

I have a falang friend of mine here on Koh Samui who gives blood on regular and emergency bases.

She is A-

She must pick up her husband on airport tomorrow and cannot travel.

Can you talk with the hospital and say to them to contact Bangkok Hospital on Koh Samui.

They can send blood.

I am "A" negative and blood donor on regular bases @ Nong Khai Government Hospital Blood Bank, last donation was 05 august 2008.

Nong Khai Hospital has my contact for emergency cases, I’l suppose hospitals can work something out if doable/needed.

Good luck to your friend!

Hi, good luck to your friend. My blood group is A Neg, but I've had dengue fever (2005) so I don't know if my blood would be acceptable. (Also been diagnosed in the past as having platelets which are too large - ie too much iron in the blood.) I'm also a lousy blood donor as I tend to pass out. But if it's a life or death situation I'll give you some if you think it'll help. I live near Pattaya so would probably go to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for the donation and the blood could be transported from there.

Thanks for all the help, it's realy appreciated.

Luckily Derrick's found some more A (negative) from a friend in Cha AM.

She'll be donating today. Not sure whether it will be enough. But, will give him some more time.

In the meantime i've relayed to the hospital in Samut Sakhon that there should be some available at the government blood bank Nong Khai, and Bangkok Hospital Samui. It seems there is a great reluctance amongst private hospitals to lend/sell blood from their banks to other institutions.

The speedy and helpful responses from the members is very much appreciated.

Thanks to you all.

Thanks for all the help, it's realy appreciated.

Luckily Derrick's found some more A (negative) from a friend in Cha AM.

She'll be donating today. Not sure whether it will be enough. But, will give him some more time.

In the meantime i've relayed to the hospital in Samut Sakhon that there should be some available at the government blood bank Nong Khai, and Bangkok Hospital Samui. It seems there is a great reluctance amongst private hospitals to lend/sell blood from their banks to other institutions.

The speedy and helpful responses from the members is very much appreciated.

Thanks to you all.

Please let me know if you need more, I have been a regular A neg donor at Red Cross in Bangkok for the last 15 years.

Pleas contact Khun Kat 085 149 9089 as she is the nurse who deal specifically with A neg donations

Thanks for the replies and phone calls everyone.

I just spoke to the people with him at the hospital, they have now found enough A (negative) blood to procede with his operation. I've passed on the Red Cross phone number of Khun Kat to the doctors.

I will let you know how Derrick's operation goes.

We're all very touched by the the heartfelt generosity, and speedy responses of the members.

Thanks. Geoff.

• 2 weeks later...