Asia's bin laden captured in thailand

MaiChai

You know I havent used this forum for long but I see such a huge amount of childish stupidity, back stabbing and flaming infighting etc. The post may be years old and No i did not see it was old but the point remains relevant for all those looking to visit Thailand . Even my Mother rings me up because she reads the rubbish Uk press and says do i think its safe to go to (insert country of choice) while she blindly igonores or forgets IRA bombings or one of the many daily murders here in the UK.

It seems to be a forum where constant attacks or wanting to humiliate or make fun of people is necessary.

There is some good and bad information available here but I dont like the constant attacks and sniping. I shalll wait for the usual "go elsewhere" replies to follow or "touchy" arent we type comments.

Surely a simple " this is an old topic" comment would have sufficed?

Dude, we made a good natured quip, hardly a flame. Don't take it so seriously. :o

Edited by cdnvic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are international agreements that fulfill the term "due process" that regulate extradition requests by foreign governments. Why are these now circumvented?

This imaginary terrorist can be tried in the US, as long as such agreements are observed, and not disregarded as with most of the detainees in Guantanamo and the many other far worse camps.

We have proper procedures in place, why don't we use them when we have the chance?

if "proper procedures" were used with cases involving suspected terorists then the accuseds' lawyers would have a field day using delaying and stalling tactics , no one would ever be brought to trial , it would all get bogged down in legal process.

fighting terrorists is akin to a war , they want to attack western interests wherever they can , they should be tried by their intended victims , and as you well know , little would be achieved by using "proper procedures"

You just replied to a post made almost four years ago :D

Yeah, i though that was rather comical as well. :o

I guess the poster is going through the whole thread answering on posts made ages ago before he realizes that the discussion has moved a bit.

You know I havent used this forum for long but I see such a huge amount of childish stupidity, back stabbing and flaming infighting etc. The post may be years old and No i did not see it was old but the point remains relevant for all those looking to visit Thailand . Even my Mother rings me up because she reads the rubbish Uk press and says do i think its safe to go to (insert country of choice) while she blindly igonores or forgets IRA bombings or one of the many daily murders here in the UK.

It seems to be a forum where constant attacks or wanting to humiliate or make fun of people is necessary.

There is some good and bad information available here but I dont like the constant attacks and sniping. I shalll wait for the usual "go elsewhere" replies to follow or "touchy" arent we type comments.

Jeesas, i just made a joke. It was a lighthearted comment. Where is that brit sense of self-depreciating humor?

if "proper procedures" were used with cases involving suspected terorists then the accuseds' lawyers would have a field day using delaying and stalling tactics , no one would ever be brought to trial , it would all get bogged down in legal process.

fighting terrorists is akin to a war , they want to attack western interests wherever they can , they should be tried by their intended victims , and as you well know , little would be achieved by using "proper procedures"

According to that very faulty theory you would have no convicted criminals at all in the US or any other country that has due process of the law, and no extraditions, because they have all access to lawyers.

I hope you understand how integrally wrong your statement here is.

You can't just do away with everything that is the base of our justice system just because you are emotionally enraged. What you demand equals stepping back into the dark ages. And, ironically, is not too dissimilar to some of the views of those terrorists. :o

Edited by ColPyat

You just replied to a post made almost four years ago :D

Yeah, i though that was rather comical as well. :o

I guess the poster is going through the whole thread answering on posts made ages ago before he realizes that the discussion has moved a bit.

Jeesas, i just made a joke. It was a lighthearted comment. Where is that brit sense of self-depreciating humor?

Point taken guys n gals I have a sense of humour. I have just been clawed back by the samritans hanging onto my balcony!! I am happy to learn from others replies and change my point of view entirely, soemthing many people on forums will not ever do.

I am a relative newbie to forums am not savvy or look at the dates of posts and am rather surprised to see a four year old reply still active???

I had not been to Thailand before 2006 and when I started investigating the country saw only that Thai women were all whores, Thai men were all drunk wife beaters, you could trust no one and no one in Thailand wanted you there, it appeared everyone was no good. There were almost no websites I could find about decent relations with normal everyday Thais but pages of Jilted penniless farnags whose latest bargirl had ripped them off. Its so nice now to see many new sites devoted to "good thailand".

I know the country has problems and a different set of values to many western socities.

I found some truly honest, polite and caring people one of which I ended up marrying, who has never asked for money has worked like a trojan and who's friends are similarly minded.

I have never been to or met a bar girl something my wife wants to do as she finds it incredibly interesting and I suspect more entertaining than anything else.

So apologies for jumping in too quickly.

What you demand equals stepping back into the dark ages. And, ironically, is not too dissimilar to some of the views of those terrorists.

use a thief to catch a thief.

That doesn't though work when the thief catching the thief steals the whole store in the process, and only leaves a wreck for the rest of the world.

Your dislike of the US going after terrorists somehow goes hand in hand with your admiration for Taksin...

Awaiting the obligatory single solitary sentence professing a dislike for Thaksin, followed by a 600-word essay on why he wasn't such a bad guy afterall and how there's 999 other politicians far worse than he ever was, followed by a spamming advertisement for people to buy the book by his "friend", Giles.

Be honest this is an unconventional war, I'm starting to believe that only way to win is to resort to similar tactics. The reason Saddam was so successful in Iraq - killed anyone who even looked at him in a wrong way and topped off their families for good measure. This certainly controlled the population. :o