Donate To Chalong Rescue

damian

Just had a bloke knock at the gate asking for donations to Chalong Rescue for kids with no mums and dads.

Asked him for his ID and he showed me his faded blue jacket with the word "rescue" and a odd looking emblem on it worn under an equally faded tracksuit top as well as his receipt book - beautiful!

Told him to come back later when my policeman brother in law is home (fake scare tactic) so he can talk to him better in Thai as mine was not very good.

Wonder if I will see him again?

Heard about this a bit but have never had the pleasure of it happening to me until now. Anyone else?

Who do you think pays those guys in the trucks to drive around and scrape up the bodies?

They are VOLUNTEERS, :D *^%*% :D !!! No one pays them. Contributing to such a cause is noble and just.

You, on the other hand, just acted like you would have if you were at home. Look around outside Cheap Charlie! You are not in Kansas anymore. :o:D:D

This is a typical way of raising cash, but since you probably didn't plan to well for your future when you were younger, you might want to hang on to that 20thb until that guy can afford to go and make an ID for your pompass arse :( .

The jacket is pretty much all they have to show that they are RESCUE.

You make me sick. Living in your paranoid little world, afraid someone will steal your cookie jar.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

todd

Bit strong Todd. Surely anyone can wander around with a jacket that says 'Rescue' and ask for money etc.

Why should Damian hand over cash to someone who has no official ID etc?

In any case, he was asking money for orphan kids, not the volunteer ambulance guys

Simon

Edited by simon43

We once visited their depot in Chalong and they stated that they did NOT collect house-to-house like this; it IS a scam.

I once gave when living in Nai Harn and my wife said I was a berk to do so, so I went down the road and took a photo of the car reg. plate; subsequently I was chased. They are thieving gits; don't give.

They are not only thieving gits, they demand money with menace. A couple of months back they came round our place and demanded money from my Thai staff. This lot claimed they were policemen collecting for charity. No uniforms or collection cards. Because they thought easy picking, they tried it on a few days later. I took photos (much to their dismay) and sent them packing. If call back I would make complaint to the local police station, with photos.

Who do you think pays those guys in the trucks to drive around and scrape up the bodies?

They are VOLUNTEERS, :D *^%*% :D !!! No one pays them. Contributing to such a cause is noble and just.

You, on the other hand, just acted like you would have if you were at home. Look around outside Cheap Charlie! You are not in Kansas anymore. :o:D:D

This is a typical way of raising cash, but since you probably didn't plan to well for your future when you were younger, you might want to hang on to that 20thb until that guy can afford to go and make an ID for your pompass arse :( .

You make me sick. Living in your paranoid little world, afraid someone will steal your cookie jar.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

todd

Listen you moronic knob you don't know me so please don't make assumptions about who I am, where I am from or my financial situation. You should also read my post again - he wasn't collecting for Chalong Rescue. This was posted as a warning for others and as it turns out I may be right.

What is it with all this abuse lately on this forum. Roll on the high season and lets try and play nice.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

todd

Listen you moronic knob you don't know me so please don't make assumptions about who I am, where I am from or my financial situation. You should also read my post again - he wasn't collecting for Chalong Rescue. This was posted as a warning for others and as it turns out I may be right.

What is it with all this abuse lately on this forum. Roll on the high season and lets try and play nice.

Hear Hear; too strong language in any context.

This was posted as a warning for others and as it turns out I may be right.
You may be right and you may be wrong.

My original question: why did you decide this is a scam? There are lots of legitimate (I think anyway) organisations like this that raise money this way. So IMO, it could be a scam and it could be legit.

But I was not there, you were, so would like to know your reasoning.

Reasoning? Self evident, isn't it?
No, not to me. And apparently also not to the OP, if he comes to the conclusion that he may be right.
When in doubt, don't hand out.
Agree with you there, but this could also be perfectly legit.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

todd

Moronic Knob.I like that one.Also apost-18849-1223104750.gif

Listen you moronic knob

You complain about abuse and then you choose to abuse. Maybe I should apologize and offer to buy you a beer at your favorite watering hole. I think I was just grumpy that day

Moronic Knob.I like that one.Also apost-18849-1223104750.gif

I would also like to extend the offer to you. Any drink. My apologies.

todd

I've had these people on my Soi recently. They looked pretty genuine. I also see them around the tourist areas/beaches etc.

I dont know if it's a scam or not.

However, what i'd like to know is why do they exist at all? There is an ambulance station near chalong circle. Doesnt the government provide such a service? Why are volunteers needed at all?

Just curious.