Emergency Advice Needed, I Need Visa Ot At Least Entry, Resque Me Please

Today I was just too late to get my visa from the Thai Consulate in Amsterdam. Unfortunately my flight from Amsterdam to BKK is fixed for this Sunday 12th October. So no chance here in ASD to get a visa before then. Before leaving Thailand on 15th September, I had used up my 90 days stay on exempt visa. I guess the Visa on Arrival is not an option for me because it is only for certain countries and only for 15 days.

Does anybody know if there is another option for me to get a visa in BKK or at least an entry?

Please please, got my hopes on all you wise men and women to help this idiot, who got himself into trouble.

Cheers

Arthur

:o

Today I was just too late to get my visa from the Thai Consulate in Amsterdam. Unfortunately my flight from Amsterdam to BKK is fixed for this Sunday 12th October. So no chance here in ASD to get a visa before then. Before leaving Thailand on 15th September, I had used up my 90 days stay on exempt visa. I guess the Visa on Arrival is not an option for me because it is only for certain countries and only for 15 days.

Does anybody know if there is another option for me to get a visa in BKK or at least an entry?

Please please, got my hopes on all you wise men and women to help this idiot, who got himself into trouble.

Cheers

Arthur

call your airline and see if you cant move to another day? Could be pretty easy

Call the embassy in Amsterdam, when you are in Bangkok. Just accept the 30 day stamp for now.

I will not qualify for the 30 day stamp, because I have used up my 90 days for the 6 month period starting from 1st July. If I would get that one stamp it would not be a problem. But I am afraid I will not get in at all.

The last time I arrived at Suharnabhumi....I had 3 days left...technically. Thought I had moved into another 6 month block of time. While onthe airplane I recalculated and found i only had 3 days, I went into this long explanation at immigration at the airport...the lady just looked at me and said "30 days". I was shocked but managed "yes...right". Later......I was told by the immigration post at Mae Sai that if you arrive at Suharnabhumi...they will give you 30 days. However, if was to go out and try to get back in, they would revert back to the 3 days that I really had. Then they offered ...for a fee...to save my visa exempt, let me into Burma, and I could pick up my passport on the way back. Then they gave me some other paperwork to give to the Burmese for entry. It worked. I was able to carry on on the 30 days I got at the airport.

Better to arrange from where you are leaving as suggested by others, to avoid worry and headache...but if unable to...you may be alright.

Take Care

Edited by Canada

A few members have posted recently that immigration officers at Suvarnabhumi airport did not count the visa-exempt days used previously and gave a new 30-day visa-exempt entry stamp despite the 90 days having been exceeded within 180 days.

--

Maestro

Even fly to the UK and go to Hull !

Good option, Hull will issue a visa same day if you make an appointment :D

Or it would have been if he'd not posted on the 11th (Saturday) that he flies on the 12th (sunday) :o

Edited by Crossy

Cheers

Arthur

So what is your nationality since as far as I know you get 30 days on arrival???

Most countries any way...

Any way if your passport is supposedly sitting in an embassy in Amsterdam aren't you stuck to Amsterdam or at least officially the Netherlands till sorted out???

Probably too late, but don't take the risk.

If they do count the days at immigration you risk being sent back on the next available

flight, which is an expensive option........ :o

If his airline checks his passport properly he'd be denied boarding. A trip to the Hague wouldn't have been too hard a task.

He's not that bright though is the OP ? Or just lazy.

I mean, he understands that he has run out of 30 day entries but even though he left Thailand on 15th September (some 4 weeks ago) he posts 24 hours before he flies (on a weekend) that he is screwed visa wise.

Any rational person would have sorted their visa or would change their flight.

Just another solution, fly to bangkok and immediately fly to Laos and get a tourist visa !!!