Usa Visa Fee Paid At Thai Post Office ?

Hi,

I have read all (I think) pages on the USA Embassy website related to visa application.

It seems that I have to purchase/pay for the visa fee in advance at a Thai post office (if I am correct the equivalent of US$131)

Please guide me as to what I should ask for at the post office as it does not seem to be indicated anywhere on the website

Thanks

You essentially need to purchase something similar to a money order. Ask your fiancee (or wife) to accompany you to the PO, and she can explain in Thai what she needs and for what purpose.

When I had to go to the PO for my fiancee, I went to the facility on Sukhumvit Road, in between Soi 4 and 6 (or was it 6 and 8?).

You essentially need to purchase something similar to a money order. Ask your fiancee (or wife) to accompany you to the PO, and she can explain in Thai what she needs and for what purpose.

When I had to go to the PO for my fiancee, I went to the facility on Sukhumvit Road, in between Soi 4 and 6 (or was it 6 and 8?).

Is it a transfer of money to the Embassy and you get a receipt or do you purchase a money order that you bring to the Embassy ?

Hi,

I have read all (I think) pages on the USA Embassy website related to visa application.

It seems that I have to purchase/pay for the visa fee in advance at a Thai post office (if I am correct the equivalent of US$131)

Please guide me as to what I should ask for at the post office as it does not seem to be indicated anywhere on the website

Thanks

There is a Thai Post office at the consulate so that if you wanted to wait until the day you go for the appointment to turn in your paperwork you can. Have you done the online appointment yet. You also have to pay for that.

Hi,

Thanks

There is a Thai Post office at the consulate so that if you wanted to wait until the day you go for the appointment to turn in your paperwork you can. Have you done the online appointment yet. You also have to pay for that.

I have paid for the access to the online website information and appointment access

I have not scheduled an appointment yet

Just trying to figure out how and what to ask/do at post office to pay for the visa fee trying to see clear for every steps I have to take

Just asking the post office to pay for my USA visa fee will do the trick ? Still not sure of it is a transfer of money or if I need to get a money order

I only know of this second hand...from a Thai friend who applied once...

From what she told me... she paid the money at the post office, and they issued her some kind of receipt document that she then had to submit at the U.S. embassy as proof of payment along with everything else.

But that's second hand. Hopefully others here have more hands on knowledge.

And, the PO mentioned above is on Suk Road between Sois 4 and 6, just around the corner and down the street from Nana Plaza. They are open now 7 days...and the staff inside speak reasonable English, depending on who you get.

Hi,

I have paid for the access to the online website information and appointment access

Just trying to figure out how and what to ask/do at post office to pay for the visa fee trying to see clear for every steps I have to take

Just asking the post office to pay for my USA visa fee will do the trick ? Still not sure of it is a transfer of money or if I need to get a money order

Thats why I mentioned the office at the consulate. Just thought it would be easier than trying to figure things out at another post office. I suspect that is why its there.

Don't they give instructions on the paid part of the website about this?

Hi,

Thats why I mentioned the office at the consulate. Just thought it would be easier than trying to figure things out at another post office. I suspect that is why its there.

Don't they give instructions on the paid part of the website about this?

No the Embassy website only says pay at post office.....and the info is outdated on the cost also it should be 131$ and not 100$ as it still is on the site for which they make you pay 12$ for the privilege of reading non up to date info (but this is another subject)

I only know of this second hand...from a Thai friend who applied once...

From what she told me... she paid the money at the post office, and they issued her some kind of receipt document that she then had to submit at the U.S. embassy as proof of payment along with everything else.

But that's second hand. Hopefully others here have more hands on knowledge.

And, the PO mentioned above is on Suk Road between Sois 4 and 6, just around the corner and down the street from Nana Plaza. They are open now 7 days...and the staff inside speak reasonable English, depending on who you get.

Correct, pay at most any post office, SAVE the receipt as it'll be part of the visa package when submitted to the Consulate. I paid for my wife's fee out here at the Thanyaburi post office, Klong 6, they knew what it was.

Nothing complicated, do the request to the PO in English, just try: "American visa" and have a wad of baht in hand. Reckon they'll understand.

Mac

Yep its that easy.

I paid at the post across the street from the embassy, the big red building that used to be the Thai stock exchange. Forgot the name.

Tell the lady at the office you want to pay for a U.S. Visa. She will give you a piece of paper to fill out the name. The exchange rate is already fixed so you will pay like 4,000 baht. After that just take the receipt and submit is as payment made at the counsulate.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread... I went my local PO and they could not figure it out--- I live in sticks though. They said if I could bring them something recognizable like a logo-- Like a TOT Bill or something... any suggestions? I dont have time to go to a PO in BKK coz our interview is so early... thanks guys....

Sorry to drag up an old thread... I went my local PO and they could not figure it out--- I live in sticks though. They said if I could bring them something recognizable like a logo-- Like a TOT Bill or something... any suggestions? I dont have time to go to a PO in BKK coz our interview is so early... thanks guys....

Does your local Thailand Post office have a "Pay at Post" sign up front? Some do, but suspect that some don't, especially way out in the bannouk.

When is your appointment? Hopefully not this coming Monday. If not Monday, try another post office nearby or in the next amphur. Are you driving down to Bangkok (from where?), there's a number of post offices along the major roads.

The www page for the Thailand Post seems to be down now but give it a try later. There's a section on it about "Pay at Post" in both Thai and English. See if there's something about "visas" and if so, print that out and take to your local branch, if it also has a "Pay at Post" sign.

Absent all of the above, I'd sure bet that your actual appointment at the U.S. NIV Section will be delayed. Oh, they'll let you in the gate, I'd expect, but should be some time before you see a ConOff. By then, hopefully, the Thailand Post branch there should be open. Of course, guess it's possible, that the paper checkers just outside the gate won't let you in if there's a missing "paid" receipt, so ????

Mac

• 8 months later...
Yep its that easy.

I paid at the post across the street from the embassy, the big red building that used to be the Thai stock exchange. Forgot the name.

Tell the lady at the office you want to pay for a U.S. Visa. She will give you a piece of paper to fill out the name. The exchange rate is already fixed so you will pay like 4,000 baht. After that just take the receipt and submit is as payment made at the consulate.

Just to update this, as I was looking for info yesterday:

mdechgan was right, there is a post office across the road, the red building is called the Srindhorn building, the post office is out the back behind the building by the road that goes around it. It opens at 8.30am. The guy there knows what he is doing. I had a copy of my pin so didn't have to pay for it again. The visa fee was U$131 or 4554Baht. You need to write a thai phone number on the piece of paper.

There is also a travel/agent/visa service place on the second floor inside that can take your photo to USA standards for 180Baht (2 copies).

Note: you spend a lot of time in the open air 'caged' area in the queue, so don't wear a heavy suit etc as can be quite warm. They do have fans going full blast, which threaten to blow all your papers into the fish pond if you aren't careful.

Also, you can buy the envelope inside the embassy by the fish pond caged area.

Take some extra cash as I found out as an Aussie I had to pay an extra U$25 for some reason.

The Thai staff are great, I had all the docs, but not the photo and after queuing for over an hour past the appointment time, she just told me to go to the photo place in Srindhorn and come right back, and all was good. Then you go to different queues and eventually get inside (!) and I actually spoke to an American, who was lovely and helpful also.

Pity the process is so complicated, but thank heavens the staff are nice about it all. Leave plenty of time for security checks and queues.