Budget accommodation

dazdaz

What is the best way to budget a holiday in Thailand?  Pre-book or just turn up?  Are the hotels always full in peak season or can you chance it?

I have a theory that buying an return flight as far ahead in advance and finding someone renting a condominium is about the cheapest way if you can pre-book it.  What about any paperwork?  When you stay in a hotel you have to fill in a form to say who you are and where your from.

Maybe we can work out costs for fun, to see who can get it the cheapest.

How much are entry and exit visa's?

£349 is the cheapest i've seen a flight to Bangkok, are there carriers who are always exceptionally cheap?

As far as I can see, the package holidays arn't always the bargain that they appear.

Regards

Check the web sites for a start, www.asiarooms.com//www.siam-thai.com//www.asiahotels.com//look on Google for Thailand Hotel Directory. Usually gives some discounts but occasionally there is the big one. At the moment the hotels are keeping their rates up in anticipation of a rush of punters steering away from Bali. (bit late now). Condo lets are a good bet but better with somebody with local knowledge.

Happy hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

Another two good web sites for accomodation:

www.sawadee.com and www.thaihoteldiscount.com

I am not a hippy any more and sleeping on the beach is too hard on the old back...so have used above and had very good priced 3-4 star acco.in Pattaya,Cha-Am ang Chiang Rai.for less than 1K a double including full English/Thai/Chinese breakfast.  :o

• 4 weeks later...