Where To Buy Fitness Equipment

endlessnights

hey all I posted this in the bkk forum but maybe I will get a better response here..

anyway I'm looking to buy an adjustable bench as well as free weights. I'm looking for a place where they have a quality stuff and a large selection.

I know central has a section for fitness stuff, but the one I've been to in future park had next to nothing so I'm not sure if a central in like emporium would have a better selection but it would be nice to find a more specialized store.. at least some kind of sports store.

thanks for your input.

hey all I posted this in the bkk forum but maybe I will get a better response here..

anyway I'm looking to buy an adjustable bench as well as free weights.  I'm looking for a place where they have a quality stuff and a large selection.

I know central has a section for fitness stuff, but the one I've been to in future park had next to nothing so I'm not sure if a central in like emporium would have a better selection but it would be nice to find a more specialized store.. at least some kind of sports store.

thanks for your input.

Emporium and Central department stores are useless for a half decent bench and set of weights. I remember seeing a shop selling quality gear about a year ago - I'm not 100% certain but I think it was at Seacon Square or maybe (and less likely) Bangkapi. Maybe someone who shops in these areas can advise? I never entered the shop, but from what I remember the benches appeared to be heavy duty.

If you get any prices I'd be interested to know. I've been thinking about making a purchase myself.

Good luck

hey there

thanks for the recommendation, I did end up taking the drive over to seacon square.. there is a store called "sports world".. they do have a whole section on fitness equipment - they are better stocked with cardio machines - then weight lifting stuff - they had two benches - one adjustable incline bench which was Bt4,xxx (maybe this is wrong but I was always advised not to get a bench that uses bolts when adjusting the incline and these did, so I'm not sure how good it was, but I guess at $100-$125 it is pretty good price).. and a flat bench for Bt1,xxx - those were the only two.. they did have dumbbells.. was not TOO impressed.. I don't remember seeing a barbell offhand, but I may have forgotten to look.

I wasn't ready to buy anything yet, but it looks like I'm not going to get much better than this. I did end up buying a tennis raquet and some tennis balls though :o

I think I read somewhere that there is a sports world in fashion island.. where is fashion island?

I'm still open to suggestions..

anyway I'm looking to buy an adjustable bench as well as free weights.  I'm looking for a place where they have a quality stuff and a large selection.

thanks for your input.

Emporium and Central department stores are useless for a half decent bench and set of weights. I remember seeing a shop selling quality gear about a year ago - I'm not 100% certain but I think it was at Seacon Square or maybe (and less likely) Bangkapi. Maybe someone who shops in these areas can advise? I never entered the shop, but from what I remember the benches appeared to be heavy duty.

If you get any prices I'd be interested to know. I've been thinking about making a purchase myself.

Good luck

The stuff you buy in the dept. stores and supermarkets are rubbish. I saw a shop on Thonglor (near the new villa supermarket) that just sells fitness equipment. It's quite pricey, but the stuff is good quality - more like the stuff you see in gymnasiums.

actually sports world is in seri center, not seacon square.. is this the store that you were talking about?

hey there

thanks for the recommendation, I did end up taking the drive over to seacon square.. there is a store called "sports world".. they do have a whole section on fitness equipment - they are better stocked with cardio machines - then weight lifting stuff - they had two benches - one adjustable incline bench which was Bt4,xxx (maybe this is wrong but I was always advised not to get a bench that uses bolts when adjusting the incline and these did, so I'm not sure how good it was, but I guess at $100-$125 it is pretty good price).. and a flat bench for Bt1,xxx - those were the only two.. they did have dumbbells.. was not TOO impressed.. I don't remember seeing a barbell offhand, but I may have forgotten to look.

I wasn't ready to buy anything yet, but it looks like I'm not going to get much better than this.  I did end up buying a tennis raquet and some tennis balls though :o

I think I read somewhere that there is a sports world in fashion island.. where is fashion island?

I'm still open to suggestions..

thanks for your input.

Good luck

Central department stores are not so good quality and over prices !!

i bough a proteus home gym ,treadmills and elliptical ( horizon ) from city sport ..( pinklaow )

i think they have shops around .. bargain on price ...

telephone 023782419 023781407

The place you want to go to is an 8 floor building opposite Rahmkahnheng University out Sukhumvit Soi 71. Soi 71 is 2 blocks

down from the Pra Kahnong BTS stop on the way to On Nut.

Take a taxi from there. The building is the FBT Building.

Entire place sells sporting equipment .... one floor for tennis,

one floor for golf, another for bball, soccor, etc. And one floor'

devoted to fitness equipment. The prices are very good too.

The taxi from Sukhumvit to RU is about 60B. Just tell him

"thong bpai" = go straight. You will see the big University

bldgs on the right. FLB is on the left a little past the main gate

on the right.

http://www.fbtsports.com/data/co_info/complex.htm

thanks again, I finally went there today and they had what I was looking for! much better than sports world or anything else I've seen.

they had a really nice quality adjustable bench for 12000 baht.. since I could not afford that I went with the cheaper 5,800Bt bench.. they had about 5-6 different ones. also got a barbell and dumbells and a few sets of weights that can go on either.

they discounted everything by 15%, plus a little more because I paid in cash. and they deliver and put it together for you at your place for free.

yay, I'm happy now.

The place you want to go to is an 8 floor building opposite Rahmkahnheng University out Sukhumvit Soi 71. Soi 71 is 2 blocks

down from the Pra Kahnong BTS stop on the way to On Nut.

Take a taxi from there. The building is the FBT Building.

Entire place sells sporting equipment .... one floor for tennis,

one floor for golf, another for bball, soccor, etc. And one floor'

devoted to fitness equipment. The prices are very good too.

The taxi from Sukhumvit to RU is about 60B. Just tell him

"thong bpai" = go straight. You will see the big University

bldgs on the right. FLB is on the left a little past the main gate

on the right.

http://www.fbtsports.com/data/co_info/complex.htm