Water Shortages (again)

Kerryd

With all the rain we've been receiving, and the promises from City Hall, it's been quite annoying to find the water to my area of South Pattaya cut off, again. 4th time in the last 2 weeks !

The outages rarely last more than a day, but it's a royal pain to have a shower, then a couple hours later find there's no water to wash the dishes or flush the toilet. I could fill my large water container (plastic 25 gallon garbage can), but it seems every time I do, it seems the water is back on normally (until I empty the container and put it away, again). Leaving it full all the time makes the mosquitoes happy (and takes up space).

I would have expected shortages perhaps later in the year, or early in the new year, but not now. Are the reservoirs that low now, or is there another reason the water keeps getting cut off ?

Guess I'll wait for the next monsoon and step outside with a bar of soap (and my dishes) ! :o

I do not know this for a fact, but I suspect that the water outages are due to shutdowns to repair breaks in pipes. Those breaks, in turn, are likely caused by collapse of the horrible road structures, which are washed away by the heavy rains.

It all comes back to the terrible materials and workmanship in the building of roads and water supply systems in the entire area east of Sukhumvit. The infrastructure here is pathetic in every regard.

Guess I'll wait for the next monsoon and step outside with a bar of soap (and my dishes) ! :o

Don't wait too long. The Yahoo weather forecast

Here

predicts it drying up after tomorrow morning, and getting much cooler at night. At last - the rainy season ends and the cool, dry season begins? And just in time for Loy Krathong! :D

Fingers crossed, anyway.

Kerry I can assure you that the water outage is not due to the level of Pattaya's water supply. I look at the lake for a large part of the day as it across the road from me, it is looking full to me, another couple of metres and I'll need water wings.

lowest water level in my deepwell last year 29 meters. had to put my pump intermittently on a timer! two weeks ago 7 meters, i.e. full to the brim.

Sure no water shortage here in Bang Sare. My well is 1 meter to the brim. We have a Once an under the ground creek that just sprang up.Everyone that has seen it thinks it may be an artesian well. Can't wait for the rainy season to turn to dry season.

I guess there is no need of the spare 2000 liter tank I was going to put in. last year at this time it was4 meters from the top(ground level) Quack!!!

it appears the "water supply mafia" at at work in kerryd's neighborhood. (sigh)

I'll add them to the "Master Mafia" list. :D

(I'll bet they are probably charging the locals on my soi double the normal delivery rates, because they see me living here !) :o

Water is on again this morning, going to have to spend half the day catching up (and maybe fill that d@mn container) just in case ! :D

Hi folks, I've been looking at installing a tank. One similar to the diagram. What I like is the first flush diverter (5) which gets rid of the water that would normally end up in the tank. If I am lucky I may get away with a simple particle filter on the outlet. I am looking forward to a contant supply of potable drinking water.

post-63954-1226315742_thumb.jpg

What about this revolutionary idea: Install a water tank or two (e.g. 2000 liter each), connect a good pump and some filters. Et voila!

Not so easy when you live in an apartment !

We do have a reserve tank, but with 16 apartments and a laundry downstairs, it doesn't last long. Especially when some people turn on the taps, see there is no water, and then forget to turn the taps off ! When we get water delivered, half (or more) of it goes right down the drain.

It would be nice, if these were scheduled outages, to get some kind of notice beforehand, but that would be asking a lot I guess. :o