Want To Buy An Xbox 360 In Southern Thailand, Any Advice?

wroplinski

Hey all. New member here! As a farang who routinely spends a lot of time in Thailand -- specifically down south in Hat Yai -- I've started putting down some roots there so as to make extended stays more comfy. I love my Xbox 360 here in the U.S., so I want to get a modded one in Thailand. What I'd like to know is:

• Which region Xbox 360 is sold in Thailand? I hear they are mostly the "Asian" NTSC-J (a Japanese box with a 220V power supply).
  • Is it possible to find backup games from different regions, or are they all NTSC-J too?
  • Will the VGA HD AV cable (for connecting to a PC monitor) and wireless LAN adapter from my U.S. console work over there?
  • Any idea what price I should expect to pay for the system? I've seen a wide range and don't want to pay too much needlessly. Also wondering if the recent price cuts on the console have made their way to Thailand.

I'm going to bring some of my NTSC/UC games, but I realize only the region-free ones will be playable. I'd rather not bring a console from the U.S.; too much hassle trying to carry the thing and then would have to run it through a step-down transformer the whole time.

Don't know if there's anyone else from the Hat Yai area on here. Seems a little trickier to get games down there than in BKK, but I have a couple sources. Mostly everybody I know in Thailand is still happy with their PS2, so they haven't been much help!

I might try a little gaming online and see if I can dodge the Microsoft banhammer. My connection is a Maxnet 2Mbps DSL line. I might get on the Premier tier if the latency is as horrid as it was on the Indy tier last time I was in town.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Hi

• Which region Xbox 360 is sold in Thailand? I hear they are mostly the "Asian" NTSC-J (a Japanese box with a 220V power supply). Correct.
  • Is it possible to find backup games from different regions, or are they all NTSC-J too? Yes
  • Will the VGA HD AV cable (for connecting to a PC monitor) and wireless LAN adapter from my U.S. console work over there? Yes
  • Any idea what price I should expect to pay for the system? see below I've seen a wide range and don't want to pay too much needlessly. Also wondering if the recent price cuts on the console have made their way to Thailand. Yes

Ok, I highly recommend you order online via a shop in Bangkok called website Nadz Project they answer emails in good English by the way. (you can see prices for consoles, games and different region games also!

Postage is really cheap and 2 days to Samui Island or Phuket from Bangkok so should be same Hat Yai. I have bought a 360 from there, plenty of games etc. I have seen some people on this forum use Play Asia website but I don't want to get hit with import duty so never bothered. Obviously Bangkok is your best bet to buy stuff when you have chance to go (I have no idea about Hat Yai, sorry).

Don't bother trying to trick Xbox live...but your console is only banned not Gamer Tag as you know. I have x2 Xbox 360's one for online and one for offline.