Help On Driving License

Ok heres the deal. i currently am residing in singapore and i am about to head down to thailand for a week.. personal reasons.i have friends that reside in thailand and i intend to stay with them. i was thinking of obtaining an international license for use when i return back to singapore.. its this possible?what do i state as my current residence..? please advise..

Ok heres the deal. i currently am residing in singapore and i am about to head down to thailand for a week.. personal reasons.i have friends that reside in thailand and i intend to stay with them. i was thinking of obtaining an international license for use when i return back to singapore.. its this possible?what do i state as my current residence..? please advise..

erm no one knows?

Something is missing in your question.

Let's assume you do hold a Singapore-licence. If so, you do not need an international one (IDP or International Driving Permit)

Thai driving license - driver's license

An international driving license is not required for persons with Driving Licenses of the following countries irrespective of the citizenship :

Singapore 

Malaysia 

Laos

If you need, for other countries, an IDP you have to apply at your place of residence, i.e. Singapore, and this IDP will be valid in conjuction with your Singapore licence outside of Singapore.

Should you have a Thai driver's licence you need to proof your residence in Thailand to get an IDP issued here.

More details here: http://thaivisa.com/320.0.html

i don't have a singapore license and i wish to apply for an IDP in thailand since it'll be much cheaper.. i won't be staying there.. just temporary.. like a week.. at my friends place.and i'll be flying back to singapore after that..

i don't have a singapore license and i wish to apply for an IDP in thailand since it'll be much cheaper.. i won't be staying there.. just temporary.. like a week.. at my friends place.and i'll be flying back to singapore after that..

So, which country's licence do you have?

To get an IDP issued in Thailand you need a full Thai licence, although no need

to have a Thai passport, but you need a non-immigrant visa and a letter showing that you live in Thailand, issued by your embassy or Thai immigration office.

Ok i see.. i don't have a license yet.. but see here.. Singaporeans have this weird relationship with thailand.. meaning i dun need to apply for a visa when i enter the kingdom.. and about the proof of residence.. i get it from the immigration on the THAI sid right?.. but where is this?i touch down in Bangkok