Pick Up Performance Parts/suspensions

philipm

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just never really concidered it.

water methanol kits yes we do have a supply.

as for propane, where would you source it?-would have to check around.

and from my knowledge propane doesnt really help reduce EGTS's.

Edited by philipm

what do you mean by modified injector caps?

did you increase boost on the 661nm and the 725nm or just the tune?

compound turbochargers? you still feel boost is not enough @ 41psi?? :)

@Bpraim1

the propane injection kit is same as the LPG kit right? So how does it work on a boosted diesel? Do you inject it at the turbo inlet? I also heard that too much of that also raises the egt am i correct? But helps burn the unburnt diesel fuel?

Try this small read on propane injection kits.

Been use'n them for a few years now in canada, Power baby sweet power! And you don't need to add all the expensive hard parts!

www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/23481_turbodiesel_propane_kit/index.html

Here is a company out of Australia

http://www.ecoshot.com.au/links.html

www.dieselperformanceproducts.com/pdf_files/Propane_inj_unit_infopack.pdf

Edited by Bpraim1

@ Bpraim1

I saw the video from bullydog. So its just basicaly an LPG kit which the supply line is connected to the turbo inlet hose? And turns on via pressure switch set at specific pressure?

I am curious how the LPG feels on our trucks. Have you tried it? Is the power gain really noticable?

I order one unit this morning, so when it get's here and installed, I will update you.

They are going to make my a smaller outlet orific, as these kits are for the NAmerican big boys. 5L and up displacment.

Will need alot small for my 2.5l should still add 50-60hp on top of all other mods.

Oh my poor automatic is gonna need a new torque converter. hahahaha

If it works good I may remove chip and just run Lpg!

Anyone know where to get a set of Rancho add a lift struts? Or strut spacers for a Nissan Navara????

Propane?? What do you think LPG is? Can buy on any corner

Tank can buy for house Unigas/Ptt.

Or install tank same as conversion for Gasolin engine.

Inlet is before the turbo right after the air cleaner.

Yes they work the same, but this one is cheaper to run. And good milage increases.

LOL thats the most cost efficient dyno so faR!! very innovative!

Please update us regarding your kit. I might remove my alky kit and install an LPG kit i just to test. I have some LPG kits here which we use in other vehicles!

here is the dyno video....enjoy

325HP 725NM of torque, my monster triton.

offically not only most powerful 3.2 4m41 in the world,

but has also now taken Torque King title in thailand,

for the most torque generated by a four cylinder turbo diesel.

Edited by philipm

good video, glad to see they put a hose on the exhaust to vent it out. What type of rear diff gear do you have in there? Stock or posi-track?

What transmission is in your rig? Looks like an Auto from the one vid, Have you modded it yet? Don't want to be left on the side of the road.

• 2 weeks later...
replacements,

how does subtank series shocks sound to you with a 2" lift??? (subtank nitrogen shocks, with adjustable pressures between 80-160psi)---controlls stiffness and or softness.

or

new in the market rear and front coilspring shocks, fully adjustable rideheight from 1" lower to 3" raise! super damping performance and extreamly strong shocks. there are three series avialble,

White=family (soft)

Blue= Sport (mildly stiff)

Red= Race (stiff)-super performance! with a 35mm rod, incaseing another 18mm rod inside. (extreamly durable and is a full monotube setup with complete 360* mounting abilities), they are designed with Ohlins rally suspensions in mind and are not a cheap knock off, they perform superb!!!

Hi Philipm,

I'm new to this forum, I have a 2008 Hilux VIgo / MK6 with the 3.0l D-4D, it's still pretty stock only a K&N air filter. I'm interested in a few mods, such as better brakes, suspension and of course a bit more power. One can always use more power, LOL!!

Anyway, can you send me what you have for my truck, my email is [email protected]

I live in the Caribbean, Haiti to be more precise, it's tough getting good aftermarket parts there.

Thanx in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Philipm,

just read thru these 8 pages and become interested. I have a Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI, 10 months old. Nice car, decent power already. I fitted from the beginning a Tuning Box; this has improved the driving characteristics...now smoother and a little more grunt from low, but otherwise don't see much difference.

What could be done next? would love something which goes around 6 plus seconds to 100km/h.

I am only interested in hp, no need to talk about suspension, because i am happy with them....although I bought EIBACH Springs and had to take them out again, because with bigger alloys, and on non smooth roads i touch the chasis.

looking forward to hear from you.

Frank