Animal Experts : Help

Sathip2008

We've got two adorable female cats (18 months). One does her "thing" properly in the sandbox :o , the other one (despite having spread pepper in the corners + some punishment such as wiping her pee with her nose) keeps peeing everywhere except in the sandbox :D

Last time I was there I forgot to ask the vet about that. Do you have any idea what's the cause of such behavior ? Any suggestions are very welcome :D

Rubbing a cats nose in pee is a no no, thats dogs!! They will hate you for it.

Cats will not go in a place that they do not feel comfortable and secure. The other cat that is using the litter tray correctly I am assuming it is the dominant cat, she may very well be preventing her sibling using her spot. Best create a separate spot, you will notice she will tend to go in the same place(s), put a box there, then gradually move it closer to the spot you want it to be. Keep the litter clean and I mean smell free and then there will be no problems, they will eventually harmonise to using one box. When a cat feels threatened it hides its business.

Hope this helps

Oz

Rubbing a cats nose in pee is a no no, thats dogs!! They will hate you for it.

Ooops, my bad, I thought it worked for both :D So far I've had only dogs, that's why.

The other cat that is using the litter tray correctly I am assuming it is the dominant cat...

Actually yes, she is !!!

Maybe they each need their own sandbox. If "the " sandbox is one, then being used by one cat it could be seen as its territory.
Best create a separate spot...

Yes, it seems to make sense, I'm gonna try it right away :D

Many many thanks "ozsamuari" and "cmsally" for your advices :o:D:D