How Much Would A Townhouse Or Apart. Be Near Big C Phuket Town?

janetplanet

How much would a townhouse (have husband and child) be somewhere near the Big C Phuket town? I have a job offer near there and want to find decent, safe, pleasant accomodation. If there is nothing near there how would i get to work everyday? I can't ride a motorbike. Can ride a bike.

I'm renting out villa style detached houses around 2.5 km from Big C at a real estate project. Those houses will do about 25.000 baht a month.

PM me if you need more information and I will try to help you to find a house.

I can't ride or won't ride a motorbike, I'm petrified after a major accident a 2 years ago...there is no chance I will do it. My husband takes me around or i can buy a car. But, if I live further away from the Big C are there buses to get me to work in the morning? My friend's are there somewhere paying 4,000Baht a month for a townhouse...

I can't ride or won't ride a motorbike, I'm petrified after a major accident a 2 years ago...there is no chance I will do it. My husband takes me around or i can buy a car. But, if I live further away from the Big C are there buses to get me to work in the morning? My friend's are there somewhere paying 4,000Baht a month for a townhouse...

Contact your friends a rental of 4000 Baht in that area is very cheap, maybe they can advise you :o

Contact your friends a rental of 4000 Baht in that area is very cheap, maybe they can advise you :o

What is the transportation system like? Are there buses? Is it possible to hire a motorbike taxidriver who takes you to work every morning?

You wont trust yourself but you will trust a MB taxi driver ??

I can understand your inability to get on a bike, I dont agree with it, but then I am covered in pins, broken bones, scars, and other damage so maybe my tolerance for stuff is a bit off.. But fail to understand how allowing a drunk, hopped up on M loy haasip, idiot to perform the same duty makes it any better.

There is a bus service but its not super reliable and only between major towns limited routes.. No one can say if you will be on one of those routes.

You wont trust yourself but you will trust a MB taxi driver ??

I can understand your inability to get on a bike, I dont agree with it, but then I am covered in pins, broken bones, scars, and other damage so maybe my tolerance for stuff is a bit off.. But fail to understand how allowing a drunk, hopped up on M loy haasip, idiot to perform the same duty makes it any better.

There is a bus service but its not super reliable and only between major towns limited routes.. No one can say if you will be on one of those routes.

I just can't drive a motorbike...there is no discussion on that one... . So bus routes aren't good, so I need to find someone reliable, hopped up on coffee or redbull to drive me...is it possible to find someone? Or what are the chances of finding something not too, too expensive near the Big C-Chao fa west road?

Baan Suan Place appartments are just 20 meters from Big C.

Price for monthly rent when staying 3 months and up range from about 8-11K Baht.

http://www.baansuanplace.com/index.htm

Ok, thanks a lot this is a start. Perhaps I can stay there and then look around for something better. Do you have to pay for 3 months up front 24k-33k to get that deal?

Ok, thanks a lot this is a start. Perhaps I can stay there and then look around for something better. Do you have to pay for 3 months up front 24k-33k to get that deal?

I''ve been quoted a monthly price north side of Phuket town, next to police station and Satree Phuket School of 3500-6000. What do you think?

Edited by janetplanet

I''ve been quoted a monthly price north side of Phuket town, next to police station and Satree Phuket School of 3500-6000. What do you think?

On the website to Baan Suan Place it say 2months rent in deposit + one month rent. You get back the deposit when checking out!

Satree Phuket school is about 3-4 km from Big C. But I think the airport bus pass Satree school. http://www.airportbusphuket.com/index.html

The yellow/green local bus also have a couple of routes in town. http://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/tips/buses.htm

Have you checked with your eventually employer if they provide Transport. Most big hotels etc, provide transport (bus) for their staff.

On the website to Baan Suan Place it say 2months rent in deposit + one month rent. You get back the deposit when checking out!

Satree Phuket school is about 3-4 km from Big C. But I think the airport bus pass Satree school. http://www.airportbusphuket.com/index.html

The yellow/green local bus also have a couple of routes in town. http://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/tips/buses.htm

Have you checked with your eventually employer if they provide Transport. Most big hotels etc, provide transport (bus) for their staff.

This is very helpful, I would prefer a townhouse as there is my husband, child and me. I have a couple of job offers now both in Phuket town.

Hi

Townhouse in Phuket for around 4.000 i wish you luck, must be a very bad house for that price

Yes, it also puzzles me how any owner could rent a town house for such a low price. The very cheapest buy price I know is 1.9 million, say get 10 year pay back = 16,000 baht/month rental price, with no furniture, kitchen, anything. I wish the OP teh best of luck... :o

Hi

Townhouse in Phuket for around 4.000 i wish you luck, must be a very bad house for that price

Yes, it also puzzles me how any owner could rent a town house for such a low price. The very cheapest buy price I know is 1.9 million, say get 10 year pay back = 16,000 baht/month rental price, with no furniture, kitchen, anything. I wish the OP teh best of luck... :o

Maybe the person was quoting me the price of an apartment for 4000-6000 near to the north part of Phuket town, near police station. Would this be possible?

Sure its possible.. But you need to have a serious look at the kind of accommodation that get rented at the low end.

I dont know where you are now but your talking about really cheap accommodation, in the third world !! And then talking about putting a child in there as well.. Also you need to consider security, safety, many issues like that. Maybe your already an old hand and know all this, but by the sound of your posts I am guessing not ?? If your arriving from the west and diving into this then I would suggest look before you leap. Living in 4k rooms (on phuket, you get a lot more for your money elsewhere) isnt a lifestyle choice I would want to make.

You keep on talking about a town house. My definition of a townhouse is typically a 2 floor terraced home with at least 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen, maybe 2 toilets. Places mentioned like Baan Suan are more like studio apartments in a large apartment block. Not really a family size home. Have you actually viewed any 4 - 6,000 baht/month rentals ??

Townhouse in popular areas of Phuket town goes for about 8-12k month. Other areas can be as low as 6k month.

I personally know Thais who have bought a Townhouse and finance it with renting it out for 6K month. A college of my better half rent a townhouse near Rajabat institute and pay 10 K a month. Four working family members pay the rent.

I think get a better job so you can provide a decent standard of living for your family really you can not expect a quality of life with that budget unless you are happy to embrace the local culture 24/7

Well...have been living in rural Thailand for about a year with husband and baby so have been 'embracing' thai culture 24/7 already BUT you are correct. My thai husband has been trying to look around Phuket town for somewhere inexpensive for our little family to live and he's telling me it's difficult. There are 'townhouses' 2 floor, little cement garden in the front for 5K per month but they are quite far from 'Phuket town'. So I would have to take the bus in to work every morning.

I think get a better job so you can provide a decent standard of living for your family really you can not expect a quality of life with that budget unless you are happy to embrace the local culture 24/7

Well...have been living in rural Thailand for about a year with husband and baby so have been 'embracing' thai culture 24/7 already BUT you are correct. My thai husband has been trying to look around Phuket town for somewhere inexpensive for our little family to live and he's telling me it's difficult. There are 'townhouses' 2 floor, little cement garden in the front for 5K per month but they are quite far from 'Phuket town'. So I would have to take the bus in to work every morning.

I dont want to appear cruel but phuket is the most expensive place in thailand to live so unless the opportunity gives you the chance to have a decent lifestyle i would be seriously thinking about it

I dont want to appear cruel but phuket is the most expensive place in thailand to live so unless the opportunity gives you the chance to have a decent lifestyle i would be seriously thinking about it

Not very decent for a temporarily visitor to set standards in a Country where most of the population hardly make enough to months end.

Not very decent for a temporarily visitor to set standards in a Country where most of the population hardly make enough to months end.

What does that have to do with the reality that Phuket is an expensive place to live on Thai style wages..

My buddy has moved off to a more remote bit, hes enjoying life and now cant spend 25k a month living well.. Before he spent 80+ here, not only the actual costs of everything but the distractions and luxuries you would not miss if you didnt see them on offer too.

I helped out a Thai fella a few months back, hed just been screwed by a company for his wages.. He was throwing in the towel and heading back up north, he just couldnt believe the cost of living.. Sure a >10k a month salary sounds great coming from up north where he wouldnt find one, but every MB taxi ride, the rental on the roughest room, etc etc etc. Everyone will post when discussing spending amounts how we westerners cant 'live like a Thai' cost wise, but just have a pause to think about how they manage here, I mean even wet market shopping, home cooking, no luxury lifestyle at all, once you factor in the phuket price premium it gets tough.

What does that have to do with the reality that Phuket is an expensive place to live on Thai style wages..

My buddy has moved off to a more remote bit, hes enjoying life and now cant spend 25k a month living well.. Before he spent 80+ here, not only the actual costs of everything but the distractions and luxuries you would not miss if you didnt see them on offer too.

I helped out a Thai fella a few months back, hed just been screwed by a company for his wages.. He was throwing in the towel and heading back up north, he just couldnt believe the cost of living.. Sure a >10k a month salary sounds great coming from up north where he wouldnt find one, but every MB taxi ride, the rental on the roughest room, etc etc etc. Everyone will post when discussing spending amounts how we westerners cant 'live like a Thai' cost wise, but just have a pause to think about how they manage here, I mean even wet market shopping, home cooking, no luxury lifestyle at all, once you factor in the phuket price premium it gets tough.

Who says the OP live on Thai style wages? I believe a Thai or Foreign company hiring a foreigner know they will have to pay more than to a Thai.

BTW, wasn’t the original question about accommodation near Big C and not about getting a judgement from someone who seems to believe that their standard is right for everyone.

quote]

Who says the OP live on Thai style wages? I believe a Thai or Foreign company hiring a foreigner know they will have to pay more than to a Thai.

BTW, wasn't the original question about accommodation near Big C and not about getting a judgement from someone who seems to believe that their standard is right for everyone.

Basically, I can handle the truth no matter how harsh it is. I have 2 job 'offers' at 2 different schools. One is on Chao Fa west road somewhere near a big temple/big C the other is in North Phuket near the police station. They are both offering me about 30K a month salary. What accomodation can I find near either of these that isn't a rat hole but won't eat my entire salary? If it's not possible, I'll have to take a job in Surat or Pang gna or Hat Yai or ....please not Bangkok...

BTW, wasn’t the original question about accommodation near Big C and not about getting a judgement from someone who seems to believe that their standard is right for everyone.

Look the OP is asking about 5 and 6k apartments.. Wanting to live in Phuket town.. Trying to get by on the shiny beads and seashells salary they pay english teachers. I think the thread is obvious enough.

It might help the OP to know that 30k on Phuket is going to be one hel_l of a struggle where 30k up country or in another province could probably pay the bills.

It might help the OP to know that 30k on Phuket is going to be one hel_l of a struggle where 30k up country or in another province could probably pay the bills.

I've met a few retired Brits living on a pension of not much more than 30k Baht/month. They see to get by Ok, not the high life, a 2 bedroom Thai bungalow in Karon for 96,000 baht/year paid up front = 8,000 baht/month. Say 6,000 baht/month for Thai food, 3,000 baht/month for Chang beers at home. A life-in Thai lady on the cheap. Initial cost for a m/bike, then few hundred baht/month running costs. Better than eeking out a pension back home.