Are There Any Meal Deals At Hotels In Pattaya

wileycoyote

J-thing, You're not 100% correct here----Food can be dangerous...just ask anyone who has had typhoid......bacteria, e. coli can strike anyone regardless of race, colour, creed so good hygienic practice is essential, all the more so in a buffet scenario

The buffet thing is a red herring.

Some of the Indians there (as almost all the customers are Indian) use their hands to put the food in their mouths, just as they have all their lives. If their hands are clean, this is not a health risk for them. Utensils can get dirty too if you don't wash them. Yes, food can be dangerous, but we have to eat, and the food gets put in us either by utensils or hand.

One poster suggested watching people eat this way is gross and turns their stomach. Hint: they aren't asking you to stare at them eat. While I don't eat Indian food with my hands, I have very much enjoyed eating Ethiopian and other foods this way, with Ethiopian it is so easy because you scoop up the stews with porous bread. Indeed there are many times when Western foods are eaten with our hands, for example, fried chicken, corn on the cob, and many others.

The customers there use BIG METAL SPOONS to plate the food from the buffet. There is no more danger to you there from contamination from customers than the Sizzler. What do you think, that the Indian people scoop up a big portion of a wet curry with their cupped dirty hands from a communal serving pan?

So many of us eat street food here. Have you ever watched how they clean the dishes at those places not to mention how the meat sits out with the flies. To suggest there is a great health risk at an Indian food buffet is really pushing it.

One poster said he doesn't enjoy watching Indians eating their way and it puts him off his food. That's nothing more than a personal opinion of that member.

One poster also mentioned that he's concerned about the hygiene aspects of eating with hands at a buffet where people have a high chance of touching food that other people may eat. This concern is not exclusive to the Indian buffet either.

This poster has solved the problem he has with this type of dining establishment by not dining there. He mentioned this problem in order to inform other people who may have similar concerns when they eat at restaurants.

It goes without saying that other people such as yourself may not share these concerns and enjoy the dining experience at these type of restaurants.

You say a place is a great place to eat at, others may disagree for any number of reasons. This is the benefit of discussing various restaurants on this forum.

Yes ...

It goes without saying

Still trying to figure out how there is a rational health risk if people are using the BIG METAL SPOONS to plate their food ..

Of course all public food service has health risks. For buffets, when people cough and sneeze into the public food, not good.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes ...

It goes without saying

Still trying to figure out how there is a rational health risk if people are using the BIG METAL SPOONS to plate their food ..

Of course all public food service has health risks. For buffets, when people cough and sneeze into the public food, not good.

That's precisely the reason why I always go to buffets when they first open...to lower the risk.

People licking their fingers then touching the metal spoons. Of course anyone, at any time could have taken a shit and not washed too.

It's the perceived risk which bothers me. I'm not afraid to admit that I may be a little overcautious when it comes to food. Some people are more sensitive than others. I only have to look at a street cart and I get diarrhea lol.

I envy people who can eat off roadside carts because a lot of that food is very tasty and great value for money. I do make an exception for noodle soup at a few carts I trust.

Edited by tropo

That's precisely the reason why I always go to buffets when they first open...to lower the risk.

Maybe if you asked politely they may provide rubber gloves, a blindfold, and a personal plastic tent.

It is always a good idea to arrive early for buffets, then you get freshly cooked vittles. Thats my biggest problem with buffets, the food gets tired sitting out there.

Edited by Jingthing

Maybe if you asked politely that may provide rubber gloves or a personal plastic tent.

That's a great idea. Where can I order a personal plastic tent?

The bad places mentioned remind me of the TV show CHEERS. They used to go eat at this place called the Hungery Heffer and they would always get sick, but the price was great. Norm said Monday night was the "loobster". Diane corrected him and said you mean "lobster". Norm said, if you say so. Thursday was the "Prime Bef". Again Diane corrected him and said you mean "Prime Beef", and Norm said, If you say so.

I think my favorite one was when Norm announced that he had just come from the "surf and turf" special at the Hungry Heffer. After stating that it only cost $2.95, somebody commented that it was a great price for seafood and steak. At the point, Norm corrects him by confessing that the HH's surf and turf special is actually a tuna fish sandwich with beef gravy on it.

That sounds a good price for the Hard Rock Buffet

Thank You LennyW

Doy you know if they have a reduced price for children

I am sure they do have a deal for children, cant remember what it was though, under 12's eat free maybe - seems to ring a bell. The free flow includes soft drinks too, and yes the wine was very drinkable!!

If you are going to try it , dont forget as well as the huge buffet inside, there is also the BBQ outside, prawns n stuff mmmmmmmm..... :D

Update for you Wileycoyote, i just got the December prices through from Hard Rock, now 750 Sun - Fri and 950 Sat with the pig, quite an increase - dont know if it is just for Dec or not, i see they have added Whisky to the free flow though!! :o

ain't this a bit of a quantum leap of hygiene logic...I mean unless they wash their hands in the nanoseconds before they pick up food and eat it, then there is a good chance that there is some contaminant on them...even door handles can contain a lot of fecal matter, particulate etc..this is just basic science....even if someone coughs or sneezes after they wash their hands, etcetc....this is not meant to pick on anyone group but more the practice itself of eating with the hands...

If their hands are clean, this is not a health risk for them. .

Edited by jellymeister

Breakfast is 110 Baht at Apex on 2nd Road BUT if you walk a bit further along to the next corner towards South Pattaya Road on the same side, there is another place offering a 110 Baht breakfast that is 100% better. I have forgotten the name of the place, will post the name later.

To get back on topic.

Jameson's do a nightly weekday special, 3 courses for 199 Baht.

Kids meals 99 Baht any time including ice cream and soft drink.

Weekend carvery 350 Baht all you can eat.

Just to clarify, this is at lunchtime too ie: all day!

Breakfast is 110 Baht at Apex on 2nd Road BUT if you walk a bit further along to the next corner towards South Pattaya Road on the same side, there is another place offering a 110 Baht breakfast that is 100% better. I have forgotten the name of the place, will post the name later.

I think you a refering to the Diana Hotel. Yes, I agree their buffet is better for the same price although they dont offer as many choices.

To get back on topic.

Jameson's do a nightly weekday special, 3 courses for 199 Baht.

Kids meals 99 Baht any time including ice cream and soft drink.

Weekend carvery 350 Baht all you can eat.

Never used Jamesons - something about the owner puts me off as well as that loathsome Dr Ian. I have used the old Shenanigans for their 2 or 3 course meals. Used to be about Bt129 / 150 or so. Not many times but a handful. I don't rate buffets as I prefer cooked to order.

• 1 month later...