Lights Out And Noise Out Ended At 00:00:01

gk10002000

last night I was watching the football match at a bar on Soi 7. I was wondering if just after midnight the noise and lights would come on since it would no longer be the 16th. Sure enough right after the stroke of midnight on went the lights, up went the music volume. They did not wait until the next night.

I recall a friend of mine (club manager) mentioning during a previous "closure" that he would be allowed to open after 6pm on the last day of the closure. I think it was a 3 day closure that time, which ended up being barely a day and a half.

Gees, sure hope not too many of the (expat) locals suffered too much with the (1) day closure. :o

I usually wish the bars would turn down the music so that one could actually have a conversation while sitting there. Stereo wars got old back when I was in college! However the total quiet that was here was pretty odd. No permanent harm done. In fact, I bet a lot of people enjoyed actually chatting instead of yelling.

The Thais are completely clueless to how much things like closures piss off the tourists. Whilst we may sympathise with anyone's loss, we don't give a toss really and certainly don't want bars closed. As for election closures then that is really taking the biscuit.

On such days you can usually open from around 7pm with no threat of BiB action.