Which Best Describes Your Position?

Jingthing

Which best desribes your position?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

one day a little girl went to the market to buy an apple .

her choice .

Seller A . say - look my apple will look so nice and eating it make you smart

seller b Say - MY apple is so fresh and is worm free

seller C say i use my shit for my apple tree and my apple got worm .

-

good luck guys .

her choice .

-

good luck guys .

But there's a twist. The girl was internet savvy. Due to the electrification project of the former PM Thaksin and the funding of an NGO sponsored educational program in her Tambon, the funding of which came about by the NGO feeling that finally there was someone there in Mr. Thaksin that cared about the poor, the girl realized that she could cultivate an apple tree if she prepared the seeds as per the botany course she read online.

She asked where the apples came from and picked the one that wasn't Chinese and went to plant her apple seeds. Lo and behold a sapling grew and over time it grew and grew because she cared for it using the knowledge gleaned from the internet that Mr. Thaksin brought and fired by a self motivation given to her by PM Thaksin who told the poor, yes you can, she cared for that tree.

Soon the tree grew and just as it was about to bear fruit, along came Paddy Paddacake from Bangkok, who said, little girl what do you think you are doing? You think you can just grow apples like that to feed your family, to sell to others? Well, we can't have that. Don't you know, you poor people will eat what we tell you to eat and you will buy it from 5 middleman all of which we Bangkok people will control. You will not sell apples that compete with me. The girl replied, but this is how I will prosper and not have to go work in a brothel or bar. I can marry the man that I love. To this, Paddy Paddacake of Bangkok became furious as had interests in several bars that specialized in bringing young girls to Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket to work. No, No he exclaimed. There is no such thing as love. Look at me, I have a mia noi and a wife. Love is not profitable. Only money is important Silly woman. Then, Paddy Paddacake ordered the tree cut down.

Edited by geriatrickid

So far many agreeing with me.

Anti PPP, anti Thaksin, and anti PAD

Must be a fluke!

No fluke mate! They should lock all of them up and throw away the key then this country could start again and get on with some real living instead of fighting.

her choice .

-

good luck guys .

But there's a twist. The girl was internet savvy. Due to the electrification project of the former PM Thaksin and the funding of an NGO sponsored educational program in her Tambon, the funding of which came about by the NGO feeling that finally there was someone there in Mr. Thaksin that cared about the poor, the girl realized that she could cultivate an apple tree if she prepared the seeds as per the botany course she read online.

She asked where the apples came from and picked the one that wasn't Chinese and went to plant her apple seeds. Lo and behold a sapling grew and over time it grew and grew because she cared for it using the knowledge gleaned from the internet that Mr. Thaksin brought and fired by a self motivation given to her by PM Thaksin who told the poor, yes you can, she cared for that tree.

Soon the tree grew and just as it was about to bear fruit, along came Paddy Paddacake from Bangkok, who said, little girl what do you think you are doing? You think you can just grow apples like that to feed your family, to sell to others? Well, we can't have that. Don't you know, you poor people will eat what we tell you to eat and you will buy it from 5 middleman all of which we Bangkok people will control. You will not sell apples that compete with me. The girl replied, but this is how I will prosper and not have to go work in a brothel or bar. I can marry the man that I love. To this, Paddy Paddacake of Bangkok became furious as had interests in several bars that specialized in bringing young girls to Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket to work. No, No he exclaimed. There is no such thing as love. Look at me, I have a mia noi and a wife. Love is not profitable. Only money is important Silly woman. Then, Paddy Paddacake ordered the tree cut down.

Great Post. Yes Thaksin DARED to empower the poor , obviously , he's not that savvy a politician.

her choice .

-

good luck guys .

Great post, except you left out the part about Thaksin paying the local bigshot several million baht to support him, of which the bigshot gave 500 baht to the girls parents to vote as he told them to in the election. Then when TRT controlled government let the contract to provide Internet to the Tamboon, he gave it to a company owned by the local bigshot specifying he had to buy the equipment from a Shin company at 40% markup, all without a fair biding process.

And when she went to buy the seeds she found that the seed company was another monopoly controlled by her parent’s feudal lord and she had to take out a loan from the million baht fund he controlled. Same when she went to buy fertilizer for the tree. And at each election her parents continued to get the 500 baht to vote the “correct” way.

So when the apples came, she found out that the local transportation system was controlled by the local bigshot in cahoots with Paddy Paddacake from Bangkok who the local bigshot is more then willing to let the local people think is actually the bad guy in all this does not want them to make themselves better, when in fact it is her parents own local boss that is keeping the down.

Oh, and he also has a contract with Paddy Paddacake from Bangkok to supply the Bangkok brothels with the young girls (keeping the juiciest ones for himself and his son’s mia nois) and gets a cut of their earnings, which he uses to fund the 500 baht for the votes.

TH

Great Post. Yes Thaksin DARED to empower the poor , obviously , he's not that savvy a politician.

A veritable modern day Robin Hood except for one small fact. He passed only breadcrumbs to the poor keeping all the venison for himself and his similarly minded chums at the top table. Thaksin was clever, of that there is little doubt, and he realised that Thailand was up for grabs for very little money. Does it make it a good democratic thing that such a person could dupe the poor so that he could plunder the riches?

He could so easily have been the best leader in the history of Thailand and a massive force for change from the old system. But he just couldn't resist the urge to amass more wealth than a person could reasonably spend in a lifetime and was arrogantly brazen about doing it. Towards the end of his tenure he was, in his own mind, bigger than THE man but the rural poor can not see through the smoke screen of his deceit.

I am not anti PPP just anti their backer. I am anti the PAD's aims preferring a one man one vote democracy but have a nagging doubt whether democracy, or the western model of democracy, is right for Thailand.

But this is the problem in 21st century Thailand. It has become polarised so you are either for us or against us. The middle way has been lost perhaps forever. :o

my position as a foreigner (albeit hefty PIT tax payer into the government coffers) is , there is a line in the sand drawn around my family and security and if the zoo gets too smelly, i'll invoke my 24hr emergency exit plan that i've had ready since year 2 of my 13 year stay here :o

How does it all break down?

JT, why don't you approach the Election Commission and see if they will give you a job running the next Thai election, as you have so much expereince organising polls on TV. :o