House Insurance

torrenova

The missus has just gone and bought a house on some kind of stepped payment plan and they asked her to pay something like Bt3,000 for insurance. I have no idea what this is but she thinks it is fire insurance so I suspect it is some shitty buildings insurance policy.

Does anyone have buildings insurance here ? any idea of premiums and coverage ?

Moving onto contents insurance. Anyone got any comments to make or companies to recommend ? As we'll be buying some stuff for the house it seems sensible to get some contents insurance.

Many companies in Thailand write Policies for Homes. I had insurance on a rental unit written by THAI SRI Insurance that I obtained through Eric Dohlon of Insurance-in-Thailand. He sent me via e-mail policy conditions and coverage levels from AXA and Thai Sri to compare. Three years of paying 2025 baht a year for good coverage with Thai SRI insurance and no claims, but answers to any questions by a Native English speaking agent. So when our new home was finished we obtained quotes again through Eric for these two companies and we selected the coverage of Thai Sri that cover many items important to us. Looking at the policy coverage in ENGLISH and working with an agent who speaks and UNDERSTANDS English was important in my situation. I have never met Eric but it was easy to speak with him on the phone, have him e-mail policies and pay him via bank transfer. His office mails policies in a prompt fashion. I think life insurance is far more expensive in Thailand than the USA, but for similar property and liability coverage Thailand Home owner/renter policies are priced fairly. What is different was no discount for a fire alarm or intruder alarm, no questions on dogs or any sort of fence height requirement for a pool. WOODEN buildings rightly cost more to insure in Thailand, just like America. If you consult with two different English speaking agents who will e-mail you the policy information in English from FOUR different Insurance companies, you can easily select an Insurance company that meets your needs.

Try and contact Tony Dabbs, hes a member here, insurance is his business, you can PM me if you want his mobile number, i will dig it out for you. Tony is great has sorted out a few insurance matters to me, hes an american living here in thailand & has a really good understanding of insurance matters. He doesnt do the hard sell thing. I cant remember how I first got hold of him but he only deals with the reputable insurance mobs here in thailand like SRI etc. His member name here is tonydabbs, i am sure he would also be happy to answer your questions and assist you.

The missus has just gone and bought a house on some kind of stepped payment plan and they asked her to pay something like Bt3,000 for insurance. I have no idea what this is but she thinks it is fire insurance so I suspect it is some shitty buildings insurance policy.

Does anyone have buildings insurance here ? any idea of premiums and coverage ?

Moving onto contents insurance. Anyone got any comments to make or companies to recommend ? As we'll be buying some stuff for the house it seems sensible to get some contents insurance.

Talk to your own Thai visa Insurance Broker – they are fully licensed and can offer all Companies policies in English and recommend the best to suit your own requirements.

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form