British High Comm

Rimmer

Went down to Soi 5 this morning to check something with Barry Kenyon, the folks in the coffee shop pointed me up the road to the new British High Comm annex that is due to be opened this morning by the British Ambassador.

The sign on the door said sorry closed today but will be open tomorrow. The doorway had a nice blue ribbon across it and flowers all ready for his arrival.

Not sure what kind of services they will offer, maybe I will be able to find out tomorrow when I go back.

Went down to Soi 5 this morning to check something with Barry Kenyon, the folks in the coffee shop pointed me up the road to the new British High Comm annex that is due to be opened this morning by the British Ambassador.

The sign on the door said sorry closed today but will be open tomorrow. The doorway had a nice blue ribbon across it and flowers all ready for his arrival.

Not sure what kind of services they will offer, maybe I will be able to find out tomorrow when I go back.

I was there as a guest and just came back. I do wonder about security there, but I think they will be very busy even with the downturn in tourist numbers. The Ambassador seemed like a decent bloke.

I was there as a guest and just came back. I do wonder about security there, but I think they will be very busy even with the downturn in tourist numbers. The Ambassador seemed like a decent bloke.

All Ambassadors come across as decent blokes that is their job. The real test will the range of consular services on offer

I'd most interested if they renew passports - even if they just act as a "post Office" for the Consulate ion Bangkok.

It would be much easier than making at least two trips to Bangkok.

I wonder what else they do? Surely not Visas? to the UK?

I'd most interested if they renew passports - even if they just act as a "post Office" for the Consulate ion Bangkok.

Went here is ask this question last week, they do not renew passports and they will not act as Post Office so its back to Bangkok as usual. :o

Went here is ask this question last week, they do not renew passports and they will not act as Post Office so its back to Bangkok as usual. :D

What a bunch of W.nkers :o

It's about what I expected from the hooray Henries :D

So they spend all that money to set up a branch consulate for what purpose?

To visit the arrested paedophiles, drug dealers and drunken hooligans who have been thrown in jail. So that the poor little dears from the Bangkok embassy don't have to make that nasty journey to Pattaya every time one of their miscreants ends up in the monkey house.

Oh, I forgot - and to issue "income" letters to retirees and married Brits for thousands of Baht per pop.

How hard would it be to issue passport forms and arrange to send them to Bangkok through their daily courier?

Law abiding Brits get no help - only the criminals benefit from this new initiative.

Edited by Mobi

Went here is ask this question last week, they do not renew passports and they will not act as Post Office so its back to Bangkok as usual. :o

If they can't help with passport renewals then what ever are they going to do to justify an office in Pattaya?

Edited by Rimmer

If they can't help with passport renewals then what ever are they going to do to justify an office in Pattaya?

This is what they will do:

Issue letters for immigration and verification purposes

Confirm we have seen/witnessed certain documents

Give advice if a British citizen dies in the resort

Visit local hospitals, prisons ans police station as needed

Give advice on replacement passports and getting married in Thailand

Offer you a visit of local lawyers

Give general advice on consular matters in Thailand

This is what they will not do

Interfere in legal proceedings or investigate crimes

Get you out of prison

Pay your bills

Give you money (except under special circumstances)

Advise Thais applying for visas to the UK