Abhisit Urges Thaksin To Return Home

Jai Dee

The last two Thaksin bred governments do NOT speak to well for the 'people's will' being done...

Apologies in advance to Dave Loggins:

Please come to Bangkok for the springtime

And stay here with some friends in your own special room.

You can sell your fanciful stories in the court yard

During the hour the let you out to walk around

Please come to Bangkok

He said No,

send my money back to me.

Chorus

She said fugitive boy, won't ya settle down?

Dubai ain't your kinda town

There ain't no Reds and there ain't no Issanese

One passport to go for the man from Chaingmai city

Edited by animatic

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After Divorce, Thaksin To Sit On Nana Bar Stool

Former prime minister plans to take over highly coveted spot on the corner

HONG KONG - Only days after divorcing his wife Potjaman, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will return to the Kingdom in an attempt to claim a new seat of power, a coveted bar stool at the entrance of Nana Entertainment Plaza.

The seat has reportedly been occupied and defended by fellow divorcee James Brisdale of Newcastle, England for the last 6 weeks.

Providing sightlines both up and down the soi and also into the Entertainment Plaza itself, the stool is considered the single best place for divorcees to scope hookers while contemplating their failed love lives.

Newcastle’s Brisdale said he would consider giving the former prime minister of Thailand his stool if Thaksin would pick up his tab occasionally, an offer Thaksin wants to negotiate.

Thaksin’s lawyer says that if the deal does go through Thaksin would occupy the bar stool for the foreseeable future, looking glum and watching life pass by on the soi.

“Khun Thaksin is hoping for a simple life now,” said his close friend Chalerm Yoobamrung who shared dinner with him in Hong Kong. “Like many middle-aged men, he is looking forward to a break. It’s been a tough couple years. He lost his job, his wife, but he is going to the right place. I am sure the girls at Nana Plaza will take pity on him and fuc_k some life back into him,” said Chalerm.

--Not The Nation

After Divorce, Thaksin To Sit On Nana Bar Stool

Former prime minister plans to take over highly coveted spot on the corner

HONG KONG - Only days after divorcing his wife Potjaman, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will return to the Kingdom in an attempt to claim a new seat of power, a coveted bar stool at the entrance of Nana Entertainment Plaza.

The seat has reportedly been occupied and defended by fellow divorcee James Brisdale of Newcastle, England for the last 6 weeks.

Providing sightlines both up and down the soi and also into the Entertainment Plaza itself, the stool is considered the single best place for divorcees to scope hookers while contemplating their failed love lives.

Newcastle’s Brisdale said he would consider giving the former prime minister of Thailand his stool if Thaksin would pick up his tab occasionally, an offer Thaksin wants to negotiate.

Thaksin’s lawyer says that if the deal does go through Thaksin would occupy the bar stool for the foreseeable future, looking glum and watching life pass by on the soi.

“Khun Thaksin is hoping for a simple life now,” said his close friend Chalerm Yoobamrung who shared dinner with him in Hong Kong. “Like many middle-aged men, he is looking forward to a break. It’s been a tough couple years. He lost his job, his wife, but he is going to the right place. I am sure the girls at Nana Plaza will take pity on him and fuc_k some life back into him,” said Chalerm.

--Not The Nation

:o

:D Sounds like he's going to be the receiver. :D

Enough of the flaming thank you.

Any more and suspensions will be awarded.

Maybe you could look at posters who like calling other posters 'trolls' as soon as they don't have good arguments anymore?

Oh wait.. :o

And, maybe I'm secretly someone else too? Very convenient way to weed out people's opinions!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The question remains "what will happen to Abhisit after his "government" is history?". He has been hand-groomed by the elites for almost two decades now, never really having a real job. Would it have been better for him to wait until the Democrats could have won an election, admittedly that may have been a long, long time. But he is young. Perhaps he is regretting being railroaded in?

I doubt he had much choice. The alternative to a Dem led parliamentary chosen government would have been a coup or a constitutional crisis rsulting in an appointed government. No doubt the powerful people and business in the country prefer the Abhisit option. Another Thaksin proxie government only hel_l bent on changing the constitution and not doing anything about government was never goign to be allowed and it wont in the future. If Abhisit falls it is liekly to be back to coups or constitutional crisis. That is also why so many ordinary people including Thaksin voters are willing to give Abhisit a chance. The alternative is ........

........... a general election??? Why nor let the people decide what government they want through the ballot box? Or would that be too risky?

Well, I don't think there is anything wrong per se about the way Abhisit came to power. He convinced people to jump ship, that's just business as usual in Thai politics.

Anywhere else he would have gone to the electorate to get a mandate for a complete change of government, but I'll accept that these are difficult times, so let's get on with things already. Let's see what managed democracy can bring to Thailand, it may not be so bad.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The current government represents the majority of Thais .. doesn't it? :o

You're absolutely right, that's the way it works.

Thais are going to be able to compare : a real leader who get things done and a cash cow that's going to be milked to the bone.

The military tried their luck, they get their ass kicked. Now it's the turn of the democrats. Good luck !

The current government represents the majority of Thais .. doesn't it? :D

:o are you both on drugs or something ? "The current government represents the majority of Thais"...????

I can't believe my eyes what I read sometimes.

The current government represents a minority of a combined elite, military, PAD and the middle class, etc.

And you chaps call that a majority ? :D

LaoPo

Edited by Jai Dee
ambiguous reference deleted

LaoPo --

Did you in fact fail to ever look at the numbers of people that voted, who they voted for etc? Obviously the current coalition government represents the majority. The PPP didn't have a majority on its own either ...

Edited by Jai Dee
multiple nested quotes deleted

• 5 weeks later...
The current government represents the majority of Thais .. doesn't it? :o

Thais are going to be able to compare : a real leader who get things done and a cash cow that's going to be milked to the bone.

The military tried their luck, they get their ass kicked. Now it's the turn of the democrats. Good luck !

And in the middle there was a year of pro-Thaksin PPP-led coalition, which achieved, erm ... erm ... erm ... :D

Who's that real leader who "gets things done" as opposed to giving out cash in various forms?

Where's that guy who built this pitiful "broadband" infrastructure here? Where's that guy who kept us tied by the last century mobile technology? Where's that guy who talked a lot but couldn't add one f*cking station to BTS? Where's that guy who promised us to fix Bangkok traffic jams in six months? Where's that guy who promised us 10 Singapore like cities? Where's that guy who hyped up "dual track" economy?

Thailand lived through five years of worldwide growth and prosperity and achieved exactly what? What do we have left now when we need to withstand the crisis?

Thaksin urged to prove his case in court

BANGKOK: -- Government and military leaders yesterday called on ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra to return to Thailand and try to prove his innocence against corruption allegations through the justice system.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said: "The justice he is looking for is in Thailand. So I ask for him to come back."

Abhisit was referring to Thaksin's remark that he would continue his campaign for justice even though he would have to end up in hel_l or heaven. The remark was broadcast on Sunday through the satellite-based DTV, which is run by a group of pro-Thaksin politicians.

Army commander-in-chief General Anupong Paochinda said Thaksin could still fight in court for justice.

"If he is brave enough to come back and prove himself through the justice system, I think that's a good way out for him," said the general.

Anupong dismissed suggestions the military was persecuting the ex-leader and was instrumental in the recent shift in political camps which resulted in the changes of administration.

"It's easy to make such claims. But I think the country must be confident in the justice system. Everybody has an equal chance of fighting for justice. I myself believe in the justice system," the Army chief said.

He also called on the people to "live with the present" and maintain social unity.

"We have many problems to tackle. In order to get past the problems, Thai people have to stay united. The country's survival is our main goal; other issues are less significant," he said.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban yesterday rejected Thaksin's claim of political persecution.

"I just don't understand it. When the court made the verdict and allowed him time to appeal, Thaksin opted to escape. People may be left wondering why he claimed he didn't get justice when his case was tried by a court of justice," Suthep said.

In October, the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders sentenced Thaksin to two years in jail in connection with a land scandal case. He did not appeal the verdict.

-- The Nation 2009-01-27

• 1 month later...

Who will give just pure cash 2,000 Baht because he can't think of anything better?

What can Abhisit help Thai economy after the PAD's protests at airports? What crisis? I only hear that many jobs have lost immediately after airport protests. I didn't hear Thailand had any crisis when the man you don't like was PM. He won an election!

If the man had not kicked out by a coup in 2006, all these would have been done.

Sorry for those who cheer Democrat Party. What did this party do to develop Thailand? I only remember they borrowed money from IMF and now they have borrowed again.

They borrow for what? To donate uniforms to students. Students still have pants to wear now. They can wait another year. Thailand is having crisis. Buying uniform is not priority.

Aghhh Thaksin is a convicted criminal, tried by a court while Thailand was being 'served' by Thaksin's puppet government. When are people going to understand that while you can love him and want to hug him and kiss him and be his friend and all that but at the end of the day he is a convicted criminal. End of story. Move on.

LaoPo --

Did you in fact fail to ever look at the numbers of people that voted, who they voted for etc? Obviously the current coalition government represents the majority. The PPP didn't have a majority on its own either ...

Don't bother LaoPo with semantics...

I think you meant not to bother LaoPo with Facts :o

Who will give just pure cash 2,000 Baht because he can't think of anything better?

Koo, I must agree that cash giveaways are not a wonderful solution, to Thailand's economic problems. But would point out that the USA is also trying this approach, and the UK by cutting Value-Added-Tax, the aim is the get more cash into the economy, which will then be spent quickly and use the multiplier-effect, to generate several times the turnover.

What can Abhisit help Thai economy after the PAD's protests at airports? What crisis? I only hear that many jobs have lost immediately after airport protests. I didn't hear Thailand had any crisis when the man you don't like was PM. He won an election!

Thailand's economy grew when the global economy was growing strongly, now it is in trouble and so is Thailand, politicians may like to claim the credit for the good times, but are often less responsible than they would like to believe.

If the man had not kicked out by a coup in 2006, all these would have been done.

Thaksin resigned, and called an election, later annulled, which led after several painful months to the coup. Would you agree that his resignation was part of the trail that led to the coup ? So that he too bears some responsibility for not staying in power. Who knows what policies he might then have followed ? Or how effective they might have been ? ?

Sorry for those who cheer Democrat Party. What did this party do to develop Thailand? I only remember they borrowed money from IMF and now they have borrowed again.

Would you care to comment, on how Thaksin raised the money, to pay back the IMF loans ahead-of-time ?

They borrow for what? To donate uniforms to students. Students still have pants to wear now. They can wait another year. Thailand is having crisis. Buying uniform is not priority.

(my comments above in red)

Buying student-uniforms makes as little sense as the million-cows project, the rubber-tree project, the computers-for-schools scandal, the mismanaged village-loans scheme (would have been good only if it had led to productive investments which could repay the loans) or a host of others. It will do nothing for raising educational-standards, but then again, how successful was Thaksin at achieving this key improvement ?

LaoPo --

Don't bother LaoPo with semantics...

I think you meant not to bother LaoPo with Facts :o

Now there's a name that's dropped off the posting radar.

Buying student-uniforms makes as little sense as the million-cows project, the rubber-tree project, the computers-for-schools scandal, the mismanaged village-loans scheme (would have been good only if it had led to productive investments which could repay the loans) or a host of others. It will do nothing for raising educational-standards, but then again, how successful was Thaksin at achieving this key improvement ?

What has Democrat Party done to raise educational-standards?

They played a major role in Thaksin stepping down from his Education Minister position.

THAT was a huge leap forward to raising educational standards nation-wide.

Nothing much, in two-and-a-half months, as compared to nothing much, over five-and-a-half years.

I do hope that they'll do something, and start soon, as educating people better takes time to have any effect. But it helps people to help themselves, rather than being handed some benefit, by the government or a poo-yai. If you want people to work their way out of poverty, you have to give them the tools, which is why I called education "this key improvement".

The longer governments of all parties do nothing ... the more one suspects that they prefer to have a good supply of cheap uneducated workers instead !

At least we haven't, as far as I've heard, had any schools burned-down recently ?

Democrats pushed Education reform law. The law called for child centered education, decentralisation to introduce flexibility and independence, developing of thinking skills, English language skills etc. etc.

Then Thaksin took over and the first thing he did was to reduce the number of school districts so that the old administrative clique could still have complete top-down control. Then his Education minister resigned, barely three months in office, then reform was burried for good. Thaksin administration paid only lip service to it, keeping old powers firmly entrenched and stiffling all development.

>>>

Free books and uniforms is not much for those who can afford them, but there are people who can't send their kids to schools because they can't pay for books, uniforms and supplies.

They will definitely benefit, and they are the poorest members of society. Only Democrats care that their children can get an equal opportunity up to high school. Under poor-loving Thaksin they were instead effectively banned from education, especially past secondary level.

Khun Thaksin made the lottery become legal, and used that fund to send children to study overseas.

He did not ban children from studying.

Ok Koo you've asked this of others.

Besides the two cronies kids that got something,

as noted on a Thaksin foundation website.

Please show us all where you got this info about Thaksin

ACTUALLY sending kids to school over seas.

Where is this documented?

Please name:

Their old schools and districts

The schools they went to abroad through this lottery largese.

How much tuition was ACTUALLY covered AND paid by Thaksin's Lottery funds.

Saying it, or saying you were told itat a red ralley does NOT make it fact.

Show us where this info came from.

Because WE can see that the whole cabinet was indicted for

illeagally putting this Lottery in motion. It is going through court now.

And they it's transparency to public scrutiny of it's opperations was non-existent.

So please let us know why this is fact and not political fantasy.