Car Hire With Decent Insurance In Chiang Mai

gingercat

Hi, 

Does anyone know where I can get a decent car hire with proper insurance for a few days to go around the north? We normally use North Wheels, they are very good if there are any problems and they even rescued us in the middle of the night once. But they are fully booked up over new year and so are journey. 

Thanks, in advance. 

gingercat

Hi, 

Does anyone know where I can get a decent car hire with proper insurance for a few days to go around the north? We normally use North Wheels, they are very good if there are any problems and they even rescued us in the middle of the night once. But they are fully booked up over new year and so are journey. 

Thanks, in advance. 

gingercat

Try Master Car Rental opposite the Immigration Dept near Airport PLaza. They are right at the PTT petrol station and had managed to get some good rates with them. Not sure about "this peak season" though.

North Wheels on Chaiyaphum Road near Thapae Gate. Used them two or three times - cars in good order, good rates and insurance appears comprehensive but fortunately not needed it. Will bring the car over to you as well. About 850 a day up last time I looked although if they're hurting as badly as the three new "boutique" hotels I visited yesterday on behalf of friends, they'll practically offer to have your babies and give up to 60% off the rate card without even being asked (2 x 50% and a 60%, straight up).

Edited by Greenside

North Wheels on Chaiyaphum Road near Thapae Gate. Used them two or three times - cars in good order, good rates and insurance appears comprehensive but fortunately not needed it. Will bring the car over to you as well. About 850 a day up last time I looked although if they're hurting as badly as the three new "boutique" hotels I visited yesterday on behalf of friends, they'll practically offer to have your babies and give up to 60% off the rate card without even being asked (2 x 50% and a 60%, straight up).

Pls read the OP. He stated that North Wheels are fully booked over New Year's.

/ Priceless

I have used Ruby Car Rental a few months back and found they were very good. Brand new car, delivered and picked up from my home and reasonably priced. . Not sure if they have any cars for the period you require but try to google them and give them a call.

/ Priceless

Oops! :o

/ Priceless

Oops! :o

I'm sure you will be forgiven :D

/ Priceless

Be Carefull with all the speak about fully covered i am sure the big companies like Hertz and the like are ok but i have been put of in the past by a couple of companes that give the impresion you are fully covered but when i read the rental agreement it says if in the event of an accident one is liable for the first 10,000 B and the hirer is liable for the daily rental charge every day the car is in the garage (For repair) i recently had my Toyota in the garage for 10 days waiting for a wing and door repair.

I don't doubt The insurance was ok regarding other things like damage to another car, but it just seemed to me yes you are covered as long as you dont have an accident.

Just be carefull out there, and check the rental agreements

Thanks everyone who replied. I have tried the various options, but I'm afraid they are all booked out! Curiously enough the Thai visa internet website didn't work at all - perhaps because all the cars are booked. 

Thanks for the point about insurance. I have always been wary. My husband and I were in a major accident with a North Wheels car - totally not our fault - but we had to be rescued at 11pm and the car had to be hauled away to the garage the following morning. North Wheels were excellent. They came out in the middle of the night, found us a hotel, and gave us another car the following morning without any complaint. We lost our 5,000 baht deposit of course, but we figured the car was going to cost much more than that to repair.

best wishes for the holidays, everyone.

gingercat