Picture Gallery Of Visa And Extension Stamps

Three more (attached) that may be useful. Two are not actually passport stamps, but are (in Phuket anyway) clipped into your passport.

Spouse extension.jpg shows two interim extensions on a one-year stay based on having a Thai spouse, and, at the bottom of the page, the one-year itself.

post-50309-1231046800_thumb.jpg

90 day report.jpg shows 90-day report slip.

post-50309-1231047309_thumb.jpg

Notification of address.jpg shows slip attached to passport recording my address (blanked out top left) after I moved house a couple of years ago.

post-50309-1231047341_thumb.jpg

Hope these are helpful/useful.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Posts complaining about this thread and a reply to it have been removed. The complaints are being looked into and will be dealt with one way or the other in due course. Please let the Moderation team and Admin deal with this in the correct way. Thank You.

Here is an example of the transfer of an entry stamp into a new passport.

The blank is my old passport number.

post-7384-1231073819_thumb.jpg

And a Visa sticker from South Africa, unusual in that it is hand written.

post-7384-1231074406_thumb.jpg

1. original visa (obtained based on having Thai wife):

This non-O visa valid for 2 journeys, I put in the other gallery “Old, disused stamps of visas, extensions, etc” because I understand that nowadays the non-O is issued either for a single journey or multiple (unlimited number or) Journeys and nothing in between.

3. info of original extension of stay info entered into new PP

Now I know why people posted that the transfer of stamps to a new passport takes up a whole page. In your example the procedure consisted of three stamps:

1. Reference to original visa on which extensions were based.

2. Copy of old entry stamp when you entered with that visa

3. Copy of latest extension stamp

--

Maestro

P.S. I have been otherwise occupied for most of the day and will upload the pictures from subsequent posts to the gallery tomorrow.

Now I know why people posted that the transfer of stamps to a new passport takes up a whole page. In your example the procedure consisted of three stamps:

You had better take that up with the officers who do the job.

I can tell you I was very pissed to loose a whole page of a new passport

just to get the stamp transferred. :o

...Spouse extension.jpg shows two interim extensions on a one-year stay based on having a Thai spouse, and, at the bottom of the page, the one-year itself.

post-50309-1231046800_thumb.jpg Hope these are helpful/useful.

I have put this series of three consecutive stamps in the gallery of historical stamps as an example of how some immigration offices gave more than one stamp “under consideration” while waiting for approval of the application from Bangkok head office. Nowadays, it is routinely done within 30 days, needing only one “under consideration” stamp.

--

Maestro

Added in case any of these are useful...

Your series of stamps are an example of how a change of visa combined with annual extension is handled nowadays by immigration:

07 MAY 2008: Arrival in Thailand with single-entry tourist visa. Received permission to stay for 60 days.

13 MAY 2008: Change of visa to non-O (your application was accepted even though it was not made during the last 30 days of the period of permission to stay). Received new permission to stay for 90 days.

15 JUL 2008: Annual extension of stay for retirement.

--

Maestro

I don't know if these count as visa stamps but the bottom two notations are what is added to a passport when Permanent Residence has been approved.

They count most certainly under etcetera, which is part of the gallery. I have put these old stamps in the album of historical stamps as I suspect that newer versions are used nowadays.

tn_gallery_21260_1010_846.jpg Immigrant status under consideration 19700909.jpg

tn_gallery_21260_1010_60537.jpg Residence Permit approved.jpg

I think you'll get prize for oldest stamps. :o

So now we're having a race for the oldest passport stamp, are we?

--

Maestro

My oldest Thai stamp is a tourist visa issued on 26 NOV 1968, followed by the arrival stamp on 02 DEC 1969. Surely, somebody can top this with an older stamp.

--

Maestro

My first entry into Thailand was April 1968. However I had no stamps at all - I entered without a passport and did it legally. Pop quiz, how was that done? :o

Military ID and orders.

Been there done that but about 4 years later.

Surprised there's not been an overstay stamp posted yet. I have one in my passport which I'll scan and post tomorrow if I remember to bring it into work.

I was wondering who would be first to admit to post an overstay. Hope it's not a long one, prepare the asbestos underpants (no flames from me) :o

Yes, an overstay stamp would be nice for my album.

After that, what about a deportation stamp? What gets stamped in the passport of a foreigner who gets a deportation order? Now that would be a rare stamp, I’m sure. If you have one to post you can always say that it was in a friend’s passport. I, for one, will glady believe you, just to get it for my collection.

--

Maestro

I was wondering who would be first to admit to post an overstay. Hope it's not a long one, prepare the asbestos underpants (no flames from me) :D

He he, not too long, just a couple of days! :o

A couple more for the collection that aren't actually in my passport but I may be able to get hold of: one is a tourist visa exemption stamp valid for 90 days and not the standard 30 days (for the sake of completeness, by the way, someone could post one of the new 15 day land-border ones). The other is an entry stamp with no "valid until" date at all, i.e. it never expires. In both cases, perfectly legal. Anyone know how these are possible?

...tourist visa exemption stamp valid for 90 days and not the standard 30 days (for the sake of completeness, by the way, someone could post one of the new 15 day land-border ones). The other is an entry stamp with no "valid until" date at all, i.e. it never expires. In both cases, perfectly legal. Anyone know how these are possible?

Visa-exempt with permission to stay for 90 days: the passport holder is a national of a country that gets 90 days when arriving without a visa:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a29954-.html

No “until” date: the passport holder has a Residence Permit.

--

Maestro

The first one, yes, a Peruvian national in this case. I think she may have got some kind of stamp in there to prove she passed a medical test conducted at immigration also.

The second one, close - actually a Thai passport in this case. :o

13 MAY 2008: Change of visa to non-O (your application was accepted even though it was not made during the last 30 days of the period of permission to stay). Received new permission to stay for 90 days.

Maestro, believe you're confusing 'when to apply for retirement extension' to when you can convert to a Non Imm O in-country. The only restriction I've seen on the latter is the requirement for '21 days remaining' on 'admitted until' stamp. No restrictions, I believe, on how soon you can apply for a Non Imm O visa in-country.

Military ID and orders.

Yep, I don't remember showing any passport as I climbed out the clamshell of the 'silver samlar' at NKP.

But later, after I went on leave, flying civilian (NWA), I remember having to send my passport from NKP to Bangkok to get 'fixed.' No doubt some kind of stamp that extended -- or cancelled -- the arrival stamp I got at Don Muang. Don't have that passport anymore -- but would be curious to see exactly what the 'fix' looked like........