Picture Gallery Of Visa And Extension Stamps

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Military ID and orders.

Yep, I don't remember showing any passport as I climbed out the clamshell of the 'silver samlar' at NKP.

But later, after I went on leave, flying civilian (NWA), I remember having to send my passport from NKP to Bangkok to get 'fixed.' No doubt some kind of stamp that extended -- or cancelled -- the arrival stamp I got at Don Muang. Don't have that passport anymore -- but would be curious to see exactly what the 'fix' looked like........

For me it was TDY from CCK in Taiwan to Utapao, NKP, BKK and alos other countries with only the ID, Many times with no orders only having the VOCO.

This is some stamps obtained at Mae Sot when I did a border hop using a non-o multi entry using the visa in my old passport and a new passport.

The big stamp details my old passport, visa details and last entry and admitted to date.

The bottom left is the a new entry stamp inserted by the immigration officer in Mae Sot giving the dates of my last entry in my old passport.

The bottom right is the usual exit stamp.

post-9791-1231215510_thumb.jpg

Edited by apetley

Maestro, believe you're confusing 'when to apply for retirement extension' to when you can convert to a Non Imm O in-country. The only restriction I've seen on the latter is the requirement for '21 days remaining' on 'admitted until' stamp. No restrictions, I believe, on how soon you can apply for a Non Imm O visa in-country.

You are right. This is useful to know for so-called snow birds who go for the retirement extension and can’t get a single-entry non-O visa for the first trip to Thailand. The timing of the first extension of stay is important because in subsequent years the application should be made during the last 30 days of the permission to stay. Being able to make the change from tourist visa to non-O even on the day of arrival this cuts the minimum stay every year to two months for people who plan to arrive in Thailand always on about the same date, and they will probably plan for a longer stay as winters are obviously longer.

--

Maestro

This is some stamps obtained at Mae Sot when I did a border hop using a non-o multi entry using the visa in my old passport and a new passport.

The big stamp details my old passport, visa details and last entry and admitted to date.

The bottom left is the a new entry stamp inserted by the immigration officer in Mae Sot giving the dates of my last entry in my old passport.

The bottom right is the usual exit stamp.

Thank you for this.

I book this as a transfer of stamps from the old passport to the new passport. Normally, one would go to the local immigration office for this but I have seen posts by other members who said they got it done at the immigration checkpoint on departure from Thailand. Makes you wonder how many different stamps they have at their little desks.

The departure stamp shows "IMMIGRATION TAK THAILAND", so that must be the stamp used at the border checkpoint in Mae Sot.

--

Maestro

I might have an overstay stamp at home on my old password, I'll dig it out later for the collection if there is not one in the gallery already.

And come to think of it, after losing a passport in the Tsunami my replacement passport had a Tsunami stamp in it. I'll see if I can dig that out as well.

I think this is the gist of what I said...

"Sawasdee khrap. 90-day report? What's that then, sir? What? Every 90 days? Sorry? How much? Oh, crap. Khob khun khrap."

post-35489-1231174485_thumb.jpg

:o:D :D

Very good internal thaivisa humor.

The one and only time I was late with a 90 day report. And it was the first one, too. A financially painful experience - 2,000 baht. Those 90 days go by amazingly fast.

So that’s what the receipt for the fine for a late 90-day address report looks like: a stamp in you passport.

The date on the stamp, I believe, is 19 FEB 2003. Is there an indication on the stamp what immigration office this was?

--

Maestro

The date on the stamp, I believe, is 19 FEB 2003. Is there an indication on the stamp what immigration office this was?

This is the one I got from CM immigration. Don't see anything specific to the immigration office, but this one looks different then the one above.

post-566-1231346013_thumb.jpg

I've got no overstay stamp yet, nor a tsunami stamp and will appreciate your posting both.

Thanks.

--

Maestro

IMG0681A.jpg

IMG0678A.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality, I am using a camera phone. I'll try from a proper camera when I can if you like.

The overstay stamp was from before the fine went up to 500 baht/day.

Edited by Moonrakers

An extension stamp from Pattaya Immigration:

IMG0684A.jpg

And another overstay stamp after the fine increase. This one was at the southern most Cambodia crossing right near the coast.

Spot the mistake!!!!! I questioned it at the time, but the official insisted that he was correct and I thought better of arguing with an immigration official whilst on overstay.

IMG0689A.jpg

..Apologies for the poor quality, I am using a camera phone. I'll try from a proper camera when I can if you like.

Yes, the photos are a bit out of focus. One needs a steady hand with a mobile phone, and use the macro function for close-up shots if the phone camera has it. The thing with some phone cameras – at least with mine – is that the shutter release is about half a second after I press the button.

--

Maestro

So that’s what the receipt for the fine for a late 90-day address report looks like: a stamp in you passport.

--

Maestro

Yes - 19 Feb '03. That was at Suan Phlu, Bkk, and there doesn't appear to be any indication of that on the stamp.

Added in case any of these are useful...

Your series of stamps are an example of how a change of visa combined with annual extension is handled nowadays by immigration:

07 MAY 2008: Arrival in Thailand with single-entry tourist visa. Received permission to stay for 60 days.

13 MAY 2008: Change of visa to non-O (your application was accepted even though it was not made during the last 30 days of the period of permission to stay). Received new permission to stay for 90 days.

15 JUL 2008: Annual extension of stay for retirement.

--

Maestro

I forgot to include that bit of information, but I'm glad you noticed it! :o

And the entire process made easier with the kind assistance of the other members on Thaivisa!

~WISteve

This is the one I got from CM immigration...

Is that the receipt date, 2 ก.ด. 50, ie 2 July 2008, at the end of the second line? I like to add the date to the file name in the gallery but can't make out the handwriting.

post-21260-1231679213_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

Is the annotation on the left of this extension stamp about the reason for the extension? If yes, for what reason was it? I would like to make it part of the file name in the gallery.

post-21260-1231679554_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to get a copy of the new visa-exempt entry stamp giving permission to stay for only 15 days for my picture gallery. Would somebody who has this stamp be so kind as to scan it and post it here?

I thought of it just now because this is a post where I would have liked to attach this stamp to illustrate a point, specifically point 9 in that post. Sometimes, a picture says more than words.

--

Maestro

This is a Thai marriage certificate

post-62818-1233062149_thumb.jpg

This is the Khor Ror 2, needed for registering the marriage at your own country

post-62818-1233062392_thumb.jpg

post-62818-1233062480_thumb.jpg

Capacity to get Married document from Dutch Embassy:

post-62818-1233062705_thumb.jpg

Translated and legalised Capacity to get Married document, the legalisation is the green/red stamp:

post-62818-1233062849_thumb.jpg

Edit:

The Khor Ror 2 document seems to be missing its stamp, will look for the proper one with red stamp.

Edited by Mario2008

Transfer of stamps, noted in the old passport:

post-62818-1233063397_thumb.jpg

Transfer of stamps to new passport:

post-62818-1233063607_thumb.jpg

My permisison to stay was only exented till the date my passport exired. In the new passport I got the rest of the one year extension for free. Note that in the old passport the fact that I now have a new passport is mentioned, including the number of my new passport.

The new passport mentions my original visa and the re-entry permit I used in my old passport and on which date I returened to Thailand on my re-entry permit.

//Edit: added to my gallery here and here -- Maestro

Thank you, Mario, for these interesting stamps which are all new. I do already have a transfer of stamps to the new passport in my collection, also done at Tak, but without the stamp of annotation in the old passport. I will upload them to my gallery later today.

The earlier stamp referring to the original visa used at Tak immigration has since then changed, I see.

--

Maestro

I’d rather not. In fact, I am thinking of a way to reduce the number of pinned topics so that in this important forum readers will not have to scroll down such a long way until they arrive at the list of new topics. I’ve got an idea how to go about this while at the same time making it convenient to access what normally would be a pinned topic, but haven’t got around to implementing it yet.

--

Maestro