Thai Visa General

Gudge

I am new to this forum so dont know if this is right place to ask. I saw a post a while ago about making a collect call from Thailand but cant find the thread. How do you do it. I will be using a mobile phone and have D-Tac sim card. Any help will be appreciated as I dont want to sit on hold for who knows how long when the party I want to contact accepts collect calls.

You can call internationally using the dtac sim, that's what I do. To make an int call, you first

press the (+) plus key, then your country code, area code etc. Alternatively, you can enter

001 and then country code, area code etc. I think it comes out to be about 20baht per minute

which is vastly cheaper than any collect calls and you don't have to impose on a receiver. :o

You can call internationally using the dtac sim, that's what I do. To make an int call, you first

press the (+) plus key, then your country code, area code etc. Alternatively, you can enter

001 and then country code, area code etc. I think it comes out to be about 20baht per minute

which is vastly cheaper than any collect calls and you don't have to impose on a receiver. :o

which is vastly cheaper than any collect calls and you don't have to impose on a receiver. :D

I am not worried about cost to them. It is to the visa centre and they get enough off me and everybody else to pay for the call. I dont want to sit on hold for who knows how long while there automated switchboard puts me thru whenever they want to. :o

If they have a 1-800 number, you can use Skype to call it for free.

no 1-800 number just an area code and phone number and they accept collect calls that goes thru an automated switchboard so you can sit on hold for a lengthy period of time waiting to be answered