Pattaya Main Post Office

Kees5

I did a Google for the P.O. in pattaya, wanted the main P.O> to send an urgent EMS express to BKK. Some responses say the P.O. is on Soi P.O., which I understood to be Soi 13.1

But other maps and sites locate it on Soi 15

Which is the Chief P.O.?

I did a Google for the P.O. in pattaya, wanted the main P.O> to send an urgent EMS express to BKK. Some responses say the P.O. is on Soi P.O., which I understood to be Soi 13.1

But other maps and sites locate it on Soi 15

Which is the Chief P.O.?

The main post office for the Banglamung Area is on the Soi leading from Sukhumvit to Banglamung hospital.

Thai main post office for the Pattaya area is in Soi Post Office (Soi 13). Soi 13.1 is Pattayaland and there's no P.O. there only a 'Classroom'.

There are numerous mail-service-providers, which may do as well, but if you're really in a hurry, try one of the 2 above.

Thai main post office for the Pattaya area is in Soi Post Office (Soi 13). Soi 13.1 is Pattayaland and there's no P.O. there only a 'Classroom'.

Sorry but Soi Post Office is Soi 13/2

Soi 13 is the one of AA Hotel

Soi 13/1 is Soi Yamato

Soi Pattayaland are Soi 13/3 & 13/4.

You can send from either the Post office in Soi Post office, Or Banglamung Post office.

I always use Banglamung Post office and never have any problems.

I had a lot of slow mail when I used Pattaya Post Office when shipping oversea's.

However, if shipping within Thailand you shouldn't have a problem using either of them.

There`s a sub-post office outside Tops supermarket (Pattaya Klang), I used it last week, and it was very efficient. Staff speak good English, no queues, parking not a problem.

I used EMS, got to where it was meant to in 48hrs. I saw Fed Ex parcels, etc, in there also. I believe there are also PO Boxes available.

The main post office for the Banglamung Area is on the Soi leading from Sukhumvit to Banglamung hospital.

There are numerous mail-service-providers, which may do as well, but if you're really in a hurry, try one of the 2 above.

In Fact, I looked at Soi 13, no P.O> Then 13/1, no P.O.

I finally found it again, in 13/2!!

I noticed that my google "Pattaya Post Office brought up one post with a graphic description of someone's visit to another 'service centre' that seems to be in 13/2, called "pump station".

Odd story for some unsuspecting tourist who's just looking for the P.O.

But I suppose that's Pattaya.

Silly but strange technical point.

Whilst there is an independant administrative area called "Pattaya City" that does many things including raising revenue for themselves, it is technically part of Bunglamung for many other services, ie if you look at the official mail it is addressed to Bunglamung, and land titles say Bunglamung not Pattaya. So the "official" post office for the area is the one in Nakeua that is designated Bunglamung Post Office.

There are a number of sub-branches and "agents" that are very efficient, so do not feel the need to go to Nakeua just to send an EMS, but that is where the "official" Post Office is located for the district.

Also worth mentioning for those that receive post from outside Thailand, it is better to use the 20150 postal code which applies to the Banglamung main Office rather than the frequently used 20260 which relates to the office in Soi 13/2 off Beach Road.

There have been numerous reports in the past of items going missing when sent to Thailand and I believe all items coming to Pattaya arrive via the main office in Banglamung so using the the Pattaya code just adds an extra office where an item can become lost.

In my own experience I have only once had a problem and that was when I had a credit card sent to me addressed via the 20260 Pattaya code that didn't arrive. On amending my address to include the 20150 code the replacement card arrived without a hitch.

I was living in Jomtien and had some important documents sent to me from the US to my Jomtien address. I eventually had to have them traced and found out they were at Banglamung post office. I was irritated indeed that I had to go all the way to the Banglamung post office. Why not Pattaya or Jomtien post office, and why didn't the post office notify me? Yeah, I know, TiT!