Research About Mobile Phone Usage

girlx

i have to do a report on the habits of bangkokians regarding mobile phone downloads.... so i have a couple of questions for anyone who is willing to take the time to think about it. this is not of course the only avenue i have for gathering research, but it might help.

1- i need to know who all the major phone service providers are- so far i have: AIS, DTAC, True, and Orange- can anyone think of others? which do you use?

2- do you ever download WAP mobile content (ringtones, wallpapers etc) to your phone and do you pay for those downloads?

3- would you ever buy pirated mobile phone content from a place such as Pantip rather than downloading?

4- how often do you use your phone to surf the web?

that's good for a start...

There are 30 million mobile phone users in Thailand.

So far, you have got 4 replies, from farangs.

Other than letting the board know that you are "researching" something, I see no value in what you might get from here.

You may need something like : In India, an average monthly expenditure on mobiles is 5$. Sevices - basic.

In Japan, 110 mil users, average monthly expenditure 50$. Services - advanced. US and Europe are in Japan's 1998.

yeah i knew there would be smart assed comments like that. just answer the questions eh?

Looks more like you have lost your job and now doing 5 baht per answer anquete in front of the former World Trade Center.

That's what one of the "researchers" told me they get per farang's answer. Then, it was about hotels.

Just your questions are not articulated to look like anything serious.

Good luck, 5 answers so far have brought to you 25 baht.

Next 5 baht donation?

1- i need to know who all the major phone service providers are- so far i have: AIS, DTAC, True, and Orange- can anyone think of others? which do you use?

The only other "major" provider is Hutch - and Orange is what is now known as True Move, so you can combine those two.

I use True Move. Three other family members use DTAC/Happy Dprompt. Answers apply for a total of 4 people.

2- do you ever download WAP mobile content (ringtones, wallpapers etc) to your phone and do you pay for those downloads?

No.

3- would you ever buy pirated mobile phone content from a place such as Pantip rather than downloading?

Not likely. Most everything is available for free anyhow, with the exception of a few games which I don't need.

Never. Tried it before, didn't like it, stopped doing it. But if someone ever comes up with a phone which does this well and has all the other functionality I need, then maybe.

Edited by onethailand

i have to do a report on the habits of bangkokians regarding mobile phone downloads.... so i have a couple of questions for anyone who is willing to take the time to think about it. this is not of course the only avenue i have for gathering research, but it might help.

1- I think there is another one call "i-Mobile" not sure

4- All the Time with my Iphone

1. AIS

2. No

3. No

4. Yes, check emails occasionally, also news pages, if on the road and if near a wifi hot-spot.

Just one question, how would Thai woman manage if the mobile phone had not been invented, and what did they do before mobile phones were generally available?

1. AIS

2. No

3. No

4. Yes, check emails occasionally, also news pages, if on the road and if near a wifi hot-spot.

Just one question, how would Thai woman manage if the mobile phone had not been invented, and what did they do before mobile phones were generally available?

They used the drums.

1.AIS

2.No

3.No

4.Never

The only other "major" provider is Hutch

ah thanks forgot about that one

1- I think there is another one call "i-Mobile" not sure

can anyone confirm this? i know they make phones but do they provide phone service too?

1. AIS

2. NO

3. Yes

4. Use phone as modem for notebook connection, 10 hrs a month when away from home