Vietnam Visa From Bangkok Travel Agency

I hope this isn't too irrelevant for this forum.

I am flying to Vietnam in a week and I am really excited but I am worried because I bought my visa at a travel agency and I have never done this before and now I am wondering how I can be sure that the visa is genuine.

The visa was 2500 baht and I bought it at a travel agency attached to a guesthouse in the khaosan area.

The only odd thing about the visa is that it says it was issued at Khon Kaen?

Can somebody please help me with this issue, does anybody have any experience with buying visas from travel agencies or know how reliable they are?

Thank you very much.

I hope this isn't too irrelevant for this forum.

I am flying to Vietnam in a week and I am really excited but I am worried because I bought my visa at a travel agency and I have never done this before and now I am wondering how I can be sure that the visa is genuine.

The visa was 2500 baht and I bought it at a travel agency attached to a guesthouse in the khaosan area.

The only odd thing about the visa is that it says it was issued at Khon Kaen?

Can somebody please help me with this issue, does anybody have any experience with buying visas from travel agencies or know how reliable they are?

Thank you very much.

Apart from the fact that I would NEVER EVER IN LIFE deal with any travel agent on Khaosan road, I would say your Visa should be okay. There is a Vietnamese Consulat in Khonkaen, and I assume that it is MUCH easier for those Visa-agents to deal with those folks up there in Isaan than with the regular embassy in Bangkok.

the same can be said for Chinese Visas. the Consulat in Chiang Mai, for example, is laid-back and hassle-free, few people there. if you are lucky, you are done after 5 minutes. whereas the Visa-department of the Chinese embassy in Bangkok is a madhouse, similar with Hua-Lamphong railway-station when it comes to atmosphere, chaos and rip-off-touts approaching you and offering (unneeded and unwanted) assistance.