Once You Have A Visa To Australia What Insurance Cover Do You Use?

mcfan

looking for sugestions on the types of cover/ options regarding Health insurance while my wife is in Australia.

I use the public system while i am in Australia. However she is not covered.

When i go to Thailand i use travel insurance. Does Thailand have the same option for Thais heading overseas.

Think you need to be more specific.

If your wife is on a 309 Spouse Visa to Australia, she is immediately eligible for Medicare.

If it's Travel Insurance you are looking at and your wife is only visiting Australia, I'm sure there would be Thai companies providing same, or international companies providing it.

Others here may have had experience with this.

If your wife is on a 309 Spouse Visa to Australia, she is immediately eligible for Medicare.

Thanks Fishhooks for the info.

I went to my doctor today and in general chit chat he asked about my wife and said she would not have health cover in Australia. He was wrong.

Cheers

looking for sugestions on the types of cover/ options regarding Health insurance while my wife is in Australia.

I use the public system while i am in Australia. However she is not covered.

When i go to Thailand i use travel insurance. Does Thailand have the same option for Thais heading overseas.

The key issue here is how long she is planning to stay in Austraila. If she is staying six months or less, get her travel health insurance. If she is staying more than 6 months, that's another issue. In any case, the people at this website can help you.

• 2 weeks later...