Living Central In Bkk - What Do You Get For Your Money?

Lix

Hi,

I live in Ratchawithi , about 10 mins walk to Pratunam Market/Pantip/Central world etc. 4 mins walk to Victory Monument skytrain:

The soi is quite nice, set back from the main road with nice adjacent properties.

I Have:

-1 bedroom Apt - very modern, LCD flat screen, balcony, new air con. - 47 Sq Ft

- Wireless Internet (always works very well)

- Communal Swimming Pool and Sauna on site - Not that fussed about this as joined a gym that has these facilities.

- 24 hour security at the entrance

- Restaurant on site with reasonably priced food

I pay 15,000 Bt per month, it was 18,000 but i negotiated for a deal on 3 months. With electric (7 Bt) and water (17Bt) i guess i will be paying more like 18,000 all in. I had to pay 2 months deposit when i moved in. I took the advice of TV and photographed everything on arrival and covered all surfaces with newspaper to maximise the chances of getting that deposit back.

I was just wondering what other people who live reasonably central get for their money and if i am paying over or under the odds.

Thank you in advance for your replies :o

Hi,

I live in Ratchawithi , about 10 mins walk to Pratunam Market/Pantip/Central world etc. 4 mins walk to Victory Monument skytrain:

The soi is quite nice, set back from the main road with nice adjacent properties.

I Have:

- Wireless Internet (always works very well)

- Communal Swimming Pool and Sauna on site - Not that fussed about this as joined a gym that has these facilities.

- 24 hour security at the entrance

- Restaurant on site with reasonably priced food

I pay 15,000 Bt per month, it was 18,000 but i negotiated for a deal on 3 months. With electric (7 Bt) and water (17Bt) i guess i will be paying more like 18,000 all in. I had to pay 2 months deposit when i moved in. I took the advice of TV and photographed everything on arrival and covered all surfaces with newspaper to maximise the chances of getting that deposit back.

I was just wondering what other people who live reasonably central get for their money and if i am paying over or under the odds.

Thank you in advance for your replies :o

For that area, sounds about right, now get over the buyer remorse and go have beer :D

I Have:

I hope you mean 47 sq.m. not sq.ft. :o

Sophon

My gf has an apartment (we're renting another for when my friend comes). I paid just under 15000b to have a/c installed so with electric, water, etc it comes out to about 5000b/month and she's got a refrigerator. It's a one bedroom with a small laundry porch, toilet/shower combo. Comes with closet vanity desk combo, double bed.

I think this includes her cable -not the TV (I think she could get more channels but she's leaving for here soon so the point is moot).

It's a bit noisy at times (depends on the night) but safe...elevator, tile floors. Garbage chute... you can get what you need food wise in her soi...2 pharmacies, family mart and 7-11, 5 internet cafe's (she uses cellphone hutch for internet) so 5,000 a month being at Phra Khanong Preedee 45 (Sukhumvit 45 or so). I think it's a good enough deal; depends on what creature comforts you seek. No hot water but the bldg warms up enough so a 11am shower is fine temp wise for me.

It's a working class neighborhod without any problems, no tourist anything to worry about and therefore no scamsters/chaos/bars to be weary of. 7 minute taxi and we're on the main strip when we want to go. Oh, there is one katoey bar I saw but it gets so little action I hardly notice it. That's across and up the street from us.

Edited by HYENA