Ibis Hotel

curlywatt

looking at booking ibis hotel, i think it near big c , soi 1 , have standard room at 1000 baht per night, anyone use this hotel before ?

I didn't know Ibis had opened up here until the other day when I just happen to see the sign on the roof from a distance.

It surprises me they saw a market here because it's a bit like the McDonald's of hotels around the world.

In every city and country they have standard bare fit out including plastic all in one moulded

bathroom. I stayed in one in the center of London once where you can easily pay 150 British pounds

for a room whereas whereas Ibis were charging 58 pounds so it was good value and the room

was clean. But it's a pretty cold and clinical atmosphere with coin operated dispensers in the lobby.

But I don't see the market in Thailand when it's not difficult to find a small guesthouse with a lot of character

and more personal attention for even less than 1000?

I guess what I'm trying to say is I could only see Ibis succeeding where they undercut the market

and therefore its a trade-off to have clean and comfortable at a cheap price if you don't mind

very simple and quite sparce facilities. But I would prefer to stay in a small friendly guesthouse

even at the same price and sometimes even less if you can get a bargain.

[

But I don't see the market in Thailand when it's not difficult to find a small guesthouse with a lot of character

and more personal attention for even less than 1000?

Thank you for the brief description, but it is not what the OP asked, it's you personal opinion!

IBIS operates so far 5 Hotels in Thailand, 2 in BKK Sathorn and Soi Ngam Dupli (Yannawa), a 3rd one scheduled to be opened in march @ Nana.

One branch has opened it's doors in September last year on Ko Samui @ Bophut!

One in Puket/Patong and the mentioned one in Pattaya.

IBIS Hotels representing a new concept of "ECO" Hotels, no frills, functional, reasonable priced accommodation!

Extras, wi-fi, breakfast, snacks, drinks are available at low Economy rates.

The target market is the (business) leisure traveler, not necessarily the backpacker looking for rock bottom accommodation!

IBIS Hotels have a set standard and the customer can expect to meet these standards wherever he check's into one, anywhere, no "surprises" - which Guesthouses and Hostels often hold!

" reasonable priced accommodation! "

And thank you also but it is not what the OP asked, it's you personal opinion!

Samuian - if you read the forum topic the OP wrote " Ibis hotel " any opinions ?

I am giving an opinion of having stayed in one - have you stayed in one ?

I don't think it is a reasonable price for Thailand and with so many forums on the Internet including reviews written by Travelers

about their hotel and guesthouse experience - it's a glorified prison cell ?

Thailand is a culturally diverse country full of experiences and surprises. I cannot

relate to people who come here and then want to eat at McDonalds and

hide away in the bleak and barren environment of a Soviet style Ibis " hotel " :o

Edited by midas

I too didn't know of this hotel until this question popped up. Looking around the net, inc. their own website, you should be able to get it, without breakfast, at bht 850 a night.

thanks mate, checked the website, when 17% goes onto the 850 bath it still works out 1000 baht :o

Stayed at the Ibis in Pattaya in December, Rooms VERY small , but if I was alone or a first timer , maybe OK.

Checked out after 2 nights , not value for money .

Wifes opinion , "Rooms TOO small ,overpriced."

Almost as cramped as the Centrum in Amsterdam.

"my budgets 1500 baht per night so i'll look around when i get there"

It might be worth looking at Residence Garden -- myself and many friends have stayed there -- everyone has liked it and re-booked multiple times --

You can get 1450 Baht rate, all inclusive, if you book on-line at the link below --

http://www.pattayapages.com/residence/

http://www.theresidencegarden.com/

This ''' Joiner Fee''',is what 80%of the hotels around Pattaya,Phuket etc are charging extra if you take a '''companion'' back for the night. About 400-500 Baht :o

Are you sure? I never had a friend who paid a joiner fee in Pattaya, and even at the Royal Cliff...

I believe that the joiner fee is the exception.

And about iBis Thailand it seems that prices can go down to 500 thb if you book months in advance, at least in Bkk.

Joiner fees are always paid at 99% of the major hotels in Pattaya. Royal Cliff certainly charges (I think it is now Baht 1000) Your mate would have had it in his bill. Some 3 star if you book in as a double room you do not have to pay the joiner fee - and you get vouchers for 2 breakfasts as well. Advisable to ask when making booking.