Pap Smear Test.

TizMe

My circle of friends have the test done regularly. The test is easily and readily available in local hospitals. I believe in general, most women only have this test performed after the doctor has suggested or reminded them during a visit.

NL

• 6 months later...

In the Uk you have the test every 3 years.

I suggest all women have it done as 12 years ago they found i had cervical cancer through a regualr smear test.

It saved my life as their are no syptoms to this strain of cancer.

Whitz

Many of my Thai girlfriends don't get this done on a regular basis. In fact when I ask them about it many of them just screw up their faces. I think it has a lot to do with education about these things.

As for me, I get one each year whether here or back in Australia.

Breast checks are another thing that many Thai girls are not good at doing. A friend of mine's sister-in-law has breast cancer and is in the final stages of her life. When I told my friend that her nieces are in danger of having the same thing later in life she was shocked. She said that the second one may have it because the sister-in-law became ill soon after the second one was born. The way she put it was as if it were contagious like a cold.

I have this test done every year at a local hospital. It is not particularly expensive and is very quick. However, the reason you probably have to blackmail your wife into having it is that it is not a pleasant thing to have to do.

It certainly isn't enjoyable to have what must be a hundred watt light aimed at you with a doctor and nurse having a good old gander. I take the opportunity to count the ceiling tiles. Not fun. The only good thing is that it doesn't last long.

It is unpleasant and a bit humiliating. You would probably find you have more success if your wife could see a female gynecologist.

I had a very weird experience a few years ago at a hospital in Surat Thani, the nurse actually put a towel over my face while the dr performed the exam, needless to say, I removed the towel immediately.