Brit Faces Two Years In Thai Jail For Being 'rude'.

Chopper

To those that think he deserves it or have no sympathy think very carefully because it could be you next time.

Impossible, why? Because I will not now or ever start telling Immigration Officers to F### Off.

I do agree, however, that if you are a halfwit/ignoramus/psycho and you cannot be polite, and have the habit of rebelling against authority, often culminating in the use of foul language, then you should think VERY, VERY carefully. :o

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those that think he deserves it or have no sympathy think very carefully because it could be you next time.

Impossible, why? Because I will not now or ever start telling Immigration Officers to F### Off.

I do agree, however, that if you are a halfwit/ignoramus/psycho and you cannot be polite, and have the habit of rebelling against authority, often culminating in the use of foul language, then you should think VERY, VERY carefully. :o

I think you miss the point.

The scary part is that it could happen to anyone and that there is nothing much you can do about it.

Who knows what he said anyway?

This situation could be any situation in Thailand with any sort of official or influential Thai.

The scary part is that it could happen to anyone and that there is nothing much you can do about it.

This situation could be any situation in Thailand with any sort of official or influential Thai.

Total nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could happen to anyone??

The number of times that something like this has happened to me or my friends or my aquaintances or their friends or their aquaintances, over the past 10 years................................A BIG FAT ZERO.

Thats got to be hundreds of trips through Immigration. Even 1%, would be a handful people detained.

It will only happen if you are a Knob head.

What is so difficult to grasp?

The number of times that something like this has happened to me or my friends or my aquaintances or their friends or their aquaintances, over the past 10 years................................A BIG FAT ZERO.

Thats got to be hundreds of trips through Immigration. Even 1%, would be a handful people detained.

So because it hasn't happened to you or your friends it can't or wont happen. Insert picture of head buried in sand.

It hasn't happened to me either or any of my friends but that doesn't blind me to the fact that I too could be an unfortunate victim of arbitary justice Thai style.

Similarly I have not been a victim of random violent crime in Thailand but many have and it is a fact of life that the danger exists and is much greater than my home country.

JacknDanny

OH dear!!

Someone else who doesnt read posts properly.

I WAS a cop, back in the 80s,not now

Pitiful, lame, weak, dodge.

Why don't you just be a REAL MAN and admit you hadn't read the accounts that this man had ALREADY spent three weeks in the monkey house? You will feel better, I promise you.

I always knew you were NO LONGER a cop, giving you benefit of the doubt that you tell the truth about anything. I called you one as a form or respect the same way we call ex-presidents President, because as you know better then most (and you show it well for all to see):

Once a Pig, Always a Pig

post-37101-1236257597_thumb.jpg

Bad Cop! No Donut!

Edited by Jingthing

Assuming that this man got jailed for swearing at an immigration official and insulting Thailand to his face and his passport was not fake as the official suspected:

Anyone arguing that this situation is in any way not outrageous, is either:

1) Having fun / joking

2) A seriously mental individual who is quite possibly dangerous to himself and others.

Edited by OxfordWill

2) A seriously mental individual who is quite possibly dangerous to himself and others.

I fear that most of the posters applauding the barbaric treatment of their fellow foreigner are sadly for real.

Time to quote the old Trink:

human nature = MANURE

Edited by Jingthing

Assuming that this man got jailed for swearing at an immigration official and insulting Thailand to his face and his passport was not fake as the official suspected:

Anyone arguing that this situation is in any way not outrageous, is either:

1) Having fun / joking

Sadly I too think theya re for real.... I have never come across such a pathetic bunch of losers who have been here too long in the LOSnakes - non-achievers who feel at home with retards and have lost all sense of perspective. Thailand is a parallel universe and the minute you stop questioning the total lunacy of most of what happens here, you are lost!

JacknDanny

OH dear!!

Why don't you just be a REAL MAN and admit you hadn't read the accounts that this man had ALREADY spent three weeks in the monkey house? You will feel better, I promise you.

I always knew you were NO LONGER a cop, giving you benefit of the doubt that you tell the truth about anything. I called you one as a form or respect the same way we call ex-presidents President, because as you know better then most (and you show it well for all to see):

Once a Pig, Always a Pig

Bad Cop! No Donut!

C'mon,this is just stupid now.The guy was in the wrong being abusive.He is a big enough man to dish it out,so i am sure he will be fine.Lovely amount of respect you have for the law...No wonder you have been on the end of some "Brutish" over zealous officials. :D That is really pathetic,calling a police officer a "PIG".I bet they're not pigs when you need them... :o Who do YOU call, when you need help?I bet it's not ghost busters! :D

Dave 9988

he deserves to serve every day of this sentence

It's competition time Dave!!! Rearrange these words to make the sentence!! (Thief You An Oxygen Are)

Meanwhile back on Planet earth.

Jackndanny

He may not have been sentenced to two years yet, but what is appalling is that people like 'Dave' think that it is deserved', that is what is gripping the s**t of many people here.

Many police I know in the UK would use the same line about drink driving

I have been to a few parties back home often frequented by many police from the local constabulary. Without exception at each party the police would proceed to get utterly pi**ed and then drive home in the early hours of the morning at levels that would be three to four times over the limit. I was offered a lift home by one once and said no you are drunk, he said 'It's ok we are the police, this is our turf, we won't get done'. I think your phrase 'knob heads' would be appropriate here. The slyest most untrustworthy bunch of miscreants ever, but I am sure you were different Jackndanny.

Tritexengineering

That is really pathetic,calling a police officer a "PIG".I bet they're not pigs when you need them... Who do YOU call, when you need help?I bet it's not ghost busters!

A guy in the UK last year called the police because he was being burgled by two 17 year olds who, despite his presence repeatedly tried climbing in his livingroom window to rob him. He punched one of them on the nose to get him out. They run off he calls the police, who come around, eventually find the two lads who are given a caution, after which they return to the victims house and arrest him for actual bodily harm for breaking the burglers nose. He was found guilty and now has a criminal record.

I would rather call ghost busters any day of the week.

Edited by Tigs

A guy in the UK last year called the police because he was being burgled by two 17 year olds who, despite his presence repeatedly tried climbing in his livingroom window to rob him. He punched one of them on the nose to get him out. They run off he calls the police, who come around, eventually find the two lads who are given a caution, after which they return to the victims house and arrest him for actual bodily harm for breaking the burglers nose. He was found guilty and now has a criminal record.

I would rather call ghost busters any day of the week.

Unfortunately the law certainly seems to favour the criminal,not the victim.Australian laws are right up the same alley,sadly. :o

Will everybody just stop comparing the USA, the UK and any other country with Thailand, as it is incomparable. In the West we have freedom of speech and in Thailand we don't, so whatever anyone says it will not change things.

You will see from my earlier posts that i have sympathy with this guy, but at the end of the day we are in Thailand and we should abide by the laws of Thailand.

In the UK/USA one can say anything they like about the Government/country/officials, but here we can't.

Go to the nearest motorcycle taxi rank and reiterate what this guy said and i will give you less than 5 minutes to live. Get used to it or go home!

Cheers, Rick

JacknDanny

OH dear!!

Why don't you just be a REAL MAN

:o:D:D

Thats hilarious coming from you Gaylord :D But lets not make this personal, eh :D

We have differing opinions, admittedly mine is a very black/white world without any grey areas. Obviously different from your pink world :wai:

JacknDanny

OH dear!!

Once a Pig, Always a Pig

Bad Cop! No Donut!

Jingthing, I have strong feelings about this subject just like you, unfortunately this site does contain bigotted people like Dave 9988? but please don't lower yourselve to that standard by calling someone with a different view than yours "A Pig" everyone should be allowed to express themselves, even racists.

What a coincidence, Ashley Cole,Chelsea footballer arrested in the Brompton Rd, for swearing at a police officer and charged with being drunk and disorderly, actually spent 3 hours and 15 minutes in custody and bailed for a future court appearance, what would Chelsea do if Cole got 2yrs for swearing at an officer of the law.

What a coincidence, Ashley Cole,Chelsea footballer arrested in the Brompton Rd, for swearing at a police officer and charged with being drunk and disorderly, actually spent 3 hours and 15 minutes in custody and bailed for a future court appearance, what would Chelsea do if Cole got 2yrs for swearing at an officer of the law.

Probably what they do with him not in jail. Keep coming second.

How 'bout 2 years for swearing at a ref? Half the premier league would be locked away.

Probably what they do with him not in jail. Keep coming second.

How 'bout 2 years for swearing at a ref? Half the premier league would be locked away.

Ballpoint, can I take it that your not a Chelsea supporter.

Go to the nearest motorcycle taxi rank and reiterate what this guy said

WHAT DID HE SAY!?! Don't act like you know when you don't.

We have differing opinions, admittedly mine is a very black/white world without any grey areas. Obviously different from your pink world
Typical cop, a homophobe as well. Edited by Jingthing

Once a Pig, Always a Pig

Bad Cop! No Donut!

Jeeeez. I used to read your posts but this one.........it just comes across as being a bit..................pathetic and sad.

I'd hate for some of you to be my Judge, Jury and Executioner !!!

So, who would you like to be your executioner? We'll see what we can arrange. :o

Some Sado Masochistic Bondage Queen who dishes the pain out real slow until the moment of death might be preferable to some of the psycho sounding perps on here :D

That's the good thing about Thailand, as everybody looks after their own and if you can't look after it, then it will be taken away from you. :D ...In farangland, they continue to roam around free and nobody feels obliged to do a dam_n thing about it! I call it a lack of morals and a lack of responsibility in the young generation. I mostly blame the televisions and the internets for corrupting our youth...truly indefensible :D !

I presume(correctly?)that most posters on this topic are English!? What a bunch of bigots! :o

From scanty information,some from the Thai Press,most from the Thai Royal Police,two VERY biased fonts,they judge a man that was sent to jail,and a jail that's sure like hel_l,for 3 weeks,and now awaiting process,for what?For swearing at an Immigration Officer incompetence?

For swearing at the Thai burocracy after he lost his flight home?Nobody is refunding him,that's for sure.

It were bad already if Thais supported this view,but Europeans?(Australians,Americans,whatsoever..)

Don't you have some dignity,are you really ready to bend over and say:thank you Sir?Pitiful :D

I presume(correctly?)that most posters on this topic are English!? What a bunch of bigots! :o

From scanty information,some from the Thai Press,most from the Thai Royal Police,two VERY biased fonts,they judge a man that was sent to jail,and a jail that's sure like hel_l,for 3 weeks,and now awaiting process,for what?For swearing at an Immigration Officer incompetence?

For swearing at the Thai burocracy after he lost his flight home?Nobody is refunding him,that's for sure.

It were bad already if Thais supported this view,but Europeans?(Australians,Americans,whatsoever..)

Don't you have some dignity,are you really ready to bend over and say:thank you Sir?Pitiful :D

They don't get the irony that it is they that are directly responsible for the place the UK has become.

Instead they moan and blame the immigrants, the vast majority of whom are far more hardworking and contribute more than the scrounging underclasses that escape to an easy life of exploitation in Thailand.

Let me tell you that in the late 80s I was a serving Police Officer, in the UK, attached to Special Branch.

I was stationed at an International Airport. My duty was to protect the likes of you clowns, who think it is fine to abuse those in authority, and to behave like a yob.

So please get off your soap boxes and stop defending the undefendable.

Nobody ever claimed you had to be intelligent to be in the police force, in fact there is a very strong case for the opposite. You just have to do as your told and beat up the occasional "nark" whatever they are.

:o

Yes, all Brits hate immigrants, and especially people who aren't white, that's why we are glad this guy is locked up, hopefully for longer than 2 years because he is black.

I really don't know what we were thinking when we allowed all immigrants equal opportunities, because that is just too generous of us, and so out of character for Brits. We should just have them locked in cages, only to be released for our entertainment. Because of this decision we are all bitter how the black and brown men are taking over the country and our jobs. OH NOES!

People get a grip, and while you are at it get a clue.