Tm47. 90 Day Reports By Post.

Today at Kap Cheong, they stated that they will no longer accept the 90 day reporting by post. All reporting to be done in person. Any other office implemented this ? The reason they gave was that too many farang were abusing the privilage by not being where they claim to be.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this! I have previously reported to Bangkok by mail. Today I went to do my annual visa renewal at Kap Cheong (extremely friendly and helpful, by the way), and was told I had to go there to do the 90-day reports, and could not do them by mail any more. I have skimmed through the various forum postings on the 90-day topic, and everybody seems to have a different idea.

Does anyone have information from Suan Phlu as to whether the postal reporting office there still functions? If it does, I don't see how my local office at Kap Cheong would need to be involved.

(I ought to sign this "Confused in Buriram"... like everyone else?)

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this! I have previously reported to Bangkok by mail. Today I went to do my annual visa renewal at Kap Cheong (extremely friendly and helpful, by the way), and was told I had to go there to do the 90-day reports, and could not do them by mail any more. I have skimmed through the various forum postings on the 90-day topic, and everybody seems to have a different idea.

Does anyone have information from Suan Phlu as to whether the postal reporting office there still functions? If it does, I don't see how my local office at Kap Cheong would need to be involved.

(I ought to sign this "Confused in Buriram"... like everyone else?)

A Khon Kaen member sent his 90 day report to Bangkok and they sent it back. Telling him to report at Nong Kai. Others say that Bangkok still accept posted reports from around the country. Who knows? Chaos.

Also see here.http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Tm47-t249348.html

Today at Kap Cheong, they stated that they will no longer accept the 90 day reporting by post. All reporting to be done in person. Any other office implemented this ? The reason they gave was that too many farang were abusing the privilage by not being where they claim to be.

In the past Nong Kai have refused postal reports. Last week my Wife phoned them and they said that it was possible to report by post but they do not garantee it getting processed. They recomended going in person.

A right pain if you happen to be at the other end of the country for some reason.

As it is it is a 300K Round trip.

In the past Nong Kai have refused postal reports. Last week my Wife phoned them and they said that it was possible to report by post but they do not garantee it getting processed. They recomended going in person.

A right pain if you happen to be at the other end of the country for some reason.

As it is it is a 300K Round trip.

Same for me. A 300k round trip for a 2 minute task. '****ing <deleted>' spring to mind.

I posted the same subject earlier, but titled it 'Tm47'. I too was told today that Kap Cheong will no longer accept 90 day reporting by post.

Yes, but the letter goes to Bangkok, not to Kap Cheong... so how can Kap Cheong accept (or not accept) it?

I posted the same subject earlier, but titled it 'Tm47'. I too was told today that Kap Cheong will no longer accept 90 day reporting by post.

Yes, but the letter goes to Bangkok, not to Kap Cheong... so how can Kap Cheong accept (or not accept) it?

The letter doesn't go to BKK. It was accepted, stamped and returned straight from Kap Choeng, but no more. They also state, at that office, that you cannot use any other office than your area one for the 90 day report.

The reason they gave was that too many farang were abusing the privilage by not being where they claim to be.

And having the farangs go to the office resolves this problem? I think not. It would be funny if it wasn't such a monumental waste of time, money and energy.

The letter doesn't go to BKK. It was accepted, stamped and returned straight from Kap Choeng, but no more. They also state, at that office, that you cannot use any other office than your area one for the 90 day report.

That is the way it is starting to look. You must report to your designated office. If your office refuses to accept reporting by mail, you have a problem. Apart from having to travel many Ks every 90 days to do this it means that you can never go on holiday to another part of Thailand, or visit friends, or go to a wedding etc around the time of your 90 day report. If the OPs Wife says to him "My best friend in Samui or Hat Yai is getting married can we go for a week or two and attend the wedding" He is going to have a hellof a trip to do his report or say no.

Crazy.

Rephrase:- I send the letter to Bangkok (Rm. 206 etc Suan Phlu), and the reply comes back with an illegible postmark... but no evidence that it has ever been to Kap Cheong. Where is the evidence that it ever went to Kap Cheong? I know they state that you cannot use any other office, but does that necessarily except postal reporting (which, I agree, is what they say)? By the way, if Coventry was at Kap Cheong at about 9.30 this morning, we may well have passed each other in the doorway!

Rephrase:- I send the letter to Bangkok (Rm. 206 etc Suan Phlu), and the reply comes back with an illegible postmark... but no evidence that it has ever been to Kap Cheong. Where is the evidence that it ever went to Kap Cheong? I know they state that you cannot use any other office, but does that necessarily except postal reporting (which, I agree, is what they say)? By the way, if Coventry was at Kap Cheong at about 9.30 this morning, we may well have passed each other in the doorway!

Sorry 'Isanbirder' but mine was a telephone conversation. I understand now, in that you report to BKK by post. This is no longer acceptable and has to be in person to the said office. ' Lite beer' I also owe you an apology in that I contradicted you in a previous post concerning the matter and I now understand your statement, my apologies.

The reason they gave was that too many farang were abusing the privilage by not being where they claim to be.

And having the farangs go to the office resolves this problem? I think not. It would be funny if it wasn't such a monumental waste of time, money and energy.

But it does tie you into returning to the area where you live.

My advice is this:

Whenever an immigration officer gives you information verbally, this is deniable by either or both parties. If he tells you verbally that you are no longer allowed to make the 90-day address report by mail, ignore it and continue to send it by registered mail. If he then tells you in writing, appeal that decision with a letter, preferably written in Thai or with a Thai translation, to the Immigration Commissioner at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, explaining your reason (eg very long trip) for your preference to make the report by mail and ask if he will allow you to mail the report to Bangkok in view of your local immigration office’s refusal to accept mailed reports.

--

Maestro

My advice is this:

Whenever an immigration officer gives you information verbally, this is deniable by either or both parties. If he tells you verbally that you are no longer allowed to make the 90-day address report by mail, ignore it and continue to send it by registered mail. If he then tells you in writing, appeal that decision with a letter, preferably written in Thai or with a Thai translation, to the Immigration Commissioner at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, explaining your reason (eg very long trip) for your preference to make the report by mail and ask if he will allow you to mail the report to Bangkok in view of your local immigration office’s refusal to accept mailed reports.

--

Maestro

Thanks for that Maestro. I will personally go down this line, when next reporting, unless circumstances change . Thanks. Edited by coventry

My advice is this:

--

Maestro

Maestro. What do you do when you recieve nothing back in the post and you are then over the 7 days allowed?

As Nong Kai have done in the past.

Keep the postal receipt. Send it along with your next address report with an explanatory note saying that you did mail the previous report but never received the receipt back.

--

Maestro

Keep the postal receipt. Send it along with your next address report with an explanatory note saying that you did mail the previous report but never received the receipt back.

--

Maestro

Isn't ignorance bliss ? Or will it be ?

With this new rule that one is allowed to use only the immigration office assigned to one’s area it is time to make errant immigration offices comply with the rules. In fact, I have a feeling that this was one of the reasons for the enforcement of service areas.

This means that

1. every immigration office must supply all services;

2. every immigration office is allowed to collect only the official fee as stated on application forms;

3. etc.

Compliance can be achieved by reporting every single refusal of supplying a service and every single abuse of power to the Immigration Commissioner. He is bound to take action when he gets flooded with such reports about a particular immigration office.

This is why I say on must get an immigration offices refusal in writing, so that this written refusal can serve as the basis for the appeal to the Immigration Commissioner.

I am wondering whether we should keep a tally of these reports on ThaiVisa, with copies of the reports and the response by the Immigration Commissioner.

--

Maestro

With this new rule that one is allowed to use only the immigration office assigned to one’s area it is time to make errant immigration offices comply with the rules. In fact, I have a feeling that this was one of the reasons for the enforcement of service areas.

This means that

1. every immigration office must supply all services;

2. every immigration office is allowed to collect only the official fee as stated on application forms;

3. etc.

Compliance can be achieved by reporting every single refusal of supplying a service and every single abuse of power to the Immigration Commissioner. He is bound to take action when he gets flooded with such reports about a particular immigration office.

This is why I say on must get an immigration offices refusal in writing, so that this written refusal can serve as the basis for the appeal to the Immigration Commissioner.

I am wondering whether we should keep a tally of these reports on ThaiVisa, with copies of the reports and the response by the Immigration Commissioner.

--

Maestro

I'm really surprised whereby Thaivisa is't accepting voluntary contributions to/for a fund that finances action against unjust legislation. Call it a 'Union' or a ' Co-operative', but we need some form of uniforcation, if that's the right word ?