Process For Selling My Motorbike

Hi there,

I am looking to sell my motorbike and have heard that I need to get another certificate of residency from immigration (I live in Pattaya) so that the buyer can transfer the ownership of the bike into their name.

Is this true? Does anyone there know the exact paperwork I need?

Thanks for any replies.

watchoutfarang

Yes, you need to provide a signed copy of your passport, visa, work permit (or residency letter) to the buyer of the bike.

You also need to sign the owner transfer document and a power of attorney letter (if you don't want to have to go to the transport office with him).

And make sure you sign the green book.

The seller needs a residency stamp ??

Down our way the seller needs only provide thier passport copy (rear page and entry stamp, visa not important for seller) and the signed transfer forms. The buyer does need the residency stamp or pay an agent to provide a tabien baan (which they started accepting in the last few months I think).

Down our way the seller needs only provide thier passport copy (rear page and entry stamp, visa not important for seller) and the signed transfer forms. The buyer does need the residency stamp or pay an agent to provide a tabien baan (which they started accepting in the last few months I think).

the seller needs a resident certificate from immigration. I just traded my cbr150 in had needed two. one for buying and one for selling

the seller needs a resident certificate from immigration. I just traded my cbr150 in had needed two. one for buying and one for selling

It helps if you state where.. On Phuket you dont. The rules are not consistent hence it is impossible to make definite statements.

it seems where u state.

buying&selling

vehicles is not so easy

by the real rules.

i bought bike and took 5 months to

get it officially ok.

thailand has their own way to follow

is the vechicle someone's but

registering is not easy yet.

• 1 year later...

It helps if you state where.. On Phuket you dont. The rules are not consistent hence it is impossible to make definite statements.

Hi there,

would the yellow tabien baan be accepted as residency certificate?

thanks

Tiger / Sachs Club - Mbox

Matches my experience.

Passport copy with all relevant pages.

They would have accepted my Dr Lisc - except that I have recently moved, never changed the Tabien Rote & thus the dr lisc & green book don't match. They told me to go get a letter from my embassy. I'll use the same letter to register the new bike. Selling transaction will get a nice crisp photocopy. BKK obviously.

Gray book but never had a problem yearly registration.

• 9 years later...

why the fik do they make everything  hard here, in the UK, you give the buyer the GREEN book after tearing off the bottom bit which has his address and signature on, you send it off to the department of transport, basically to say you have sold this vehicle to this person, job done,  stupid me, i am dreaming again, a pity they dont look at other countries to see the way they do things, but NO Thai know best lol, who wants to know the bloody ins and outs of a dam passport, res cert etc, (sorry they do) rant over time for a Chang.

9 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

why the fik do they make everything  hard here, in the UK, you give the buyer the GREEN book after tearing off the bottom bit which has his address and signature on, you send it off to the department of transport, basically to say you have sold this vehicle to this person, job done,  stupid me, i am dreaming again, a pity they dont look at other countries to see the way they do things, but NO Thai know best lol, who wants to know the bloody ins and outs of a dam passport, res cert etc, (sorry they do) rant over time for a Chang.

Can a Thai with just his passport register a vehicle in the UK?

14 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Can a Thai with just his passport register a vehicle in the UK?

Probably..I'm not Thai but registering ( transferring ownership) a vehicle in the UK is much easier than here  as @mercman24 says you just send the tear off bit to Swansea (DVLA)  they send a new  log book (green/blue book) to the new owner via post office..you don't have to take the vehicle to be inspected at a crowded DLT or change number plates if you bought it in London  but live in Glasgow... any way this thread is 10 years old !!! ????   and Thailand still as complicated as it was back then.