Reporting to immigration every 90 days

I have read the various parts of this site relating to the requirement to report to immigration every 90 days but am still confused. Does it apply to me?

I had a 3 month non immigrant B visa which has now been extended to a year (multiple entry). I also have a valid work permit.

Various people have told me I do need to report every 90 days, others (some of whom have been staying here 10 years under the same circumstances as me) say there is no need.

My visa was extended to one year on 9th June (93 days ago) but made multiple entry on 20th June.

Can anyone help?

I do stay her for over 10 years and never reported under the 90-days rule.One condition, however, with a multiple re-entry permit I go on trips, leaving the country before the 90 days are over. Upon return the count starts again.

Yes, they will fine you.

I faced with a similar situation. The Company I worked was not aware about this procedure at that time.

I stayed in Thailand for over 1 Yr. without informing to immigration and without having any problem. During that period [in the 12th month], I even went out from Thailand and came back. [For some luck, nothing happened]

After reading this website visited the Immigration and they explained the correct procedure.

To fix this, they charged me with 2,000 Bht and I had to pay it to the Immigration police Division.

Now I do this every 90 days. No need to go by myself now. I can post the Slip to immigration with a stamped envelope stating my return address.  

It is very easy and why we take any chances?

As the Dr spelled it out you are supposed to report any time that you exceed 90 days in country; and the time starts from your entry into Thailand, not the visa extension.  This has only been enforced in the last couple of years.  The late fine currently is only 2,000 baht so I would report now and get completly legal.

Thanks for your responses. Looks like I'm off to immigration then.

I assume I have already reported to immigration once during the procedure to extend my visa beyond the original 90 days (that would be logical). I don't know for sure as I didn't do any of the paperwork.

I know it is dangerous to assume anything and that logic doesn't necessarily come into it.

Fingers crossed.