What's That Island Off Pattaya?

Merlin

It is called Koh Larn.

Accomodation quality is basic.

You are best just day tripping as in the night time there is not too much to do.

To get there you can hire a speed boat somewhere between 1500 to 2000 each way or the best way is catch the regular ferry at 20 baht each way same price for foriegners - takes about 35 minutes but is relaxing.

If you want a nice stay away from Pattaya on an island, try Koh Samet, about 45 minutes drive to Ban Phe and then take either a ferry or speed boat accross to the island, at Si Kaew beach it is beautiful, with pure white sands and every night the beach transforms into a huge bbq lounge setting - again, accommodation is basic but Koh Samet is a better bet than Koh Larn for staying overnight - our family goes to Koh Samet at least 1 time each month for a weekend

Apart from the beach what is there to do for the day on Koh Larn?

Any nice eating places?

yes mostly thai food and ,,its mostly where you sit they bring you a menu and come back with the food to you ..you can jet ski ,swim and other water sports too ,there is a shooting range inside it too but have never been to this ..its a nice place just to lay around and relax ,,make sure boat driver brings you to the good part ,,few year ago this boat driver brought us to a real stoney beach wasent nice at all ,probably had a deal going with the people on that place...ask them for european place not monkey beach as that one was called i think......

If you do a search I did a post on Koh Larn about a month ago. I posted a bunch of pictures. I highly recommend it for a day trip, or over night if that is your choice of spending a quiet night. It's cheaper than paying 200 baht for a visit to a National Park... like Koh Samet, and a LOT closer to Pattaya. 20 baht there and 20 baht back.

If you do a search I did a post on Koh Larn about a month ago. I posted a bunch of pictures. I highly recommend it for a day trip, or over night if that is your choice of spending a quiet night. It's cheaper than paying 200 baht for a visit to a National Park... like Koh Samet, and a LOT closer to Pattaya. 20 baht there and 20 baht back

Here's the link.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Pattaya-Visi...amp;hl=Koh+Larn

Looks nice.

I've been to Koh Larn a few times when I lived in Pattaya.

I quite liked it there and it had a rustic charm to it with more or less empty beaches, little or nothing to do at night though.

One time we where staying at some remote hotel place and they had a kind of veranda directly over the water. One morning I look over at the water and to my surprise I saw two Barracuda chilling out in the shadows.

Haven't been back since moving back to BKK but I'll make sure that I do again.

This just popped into my head: Are there snakes on Koh Larn?

I know some islands are free from them, like the Hawaiian Island chain.

The place is full of Chinese tourists - take a wild guess ! :o

No snakes.

Korean actually ,and 1000s of them so the beaches there are far from quiet .