Time To Throw In The Towel With Thai Wife!

1960apache

There's an older British gent in a similar situation that I know of. His wife put his (paid for by him) house/land in hock to my aunt and recently transferred to the property to us without his knowledge. She's since moved back up country (or at least away). Now we have to go through the process of breaking the news to him that he doesn't own his house.

:o

So Heng your family is in the "Fleecing the Farang" business too, are u Thai by any wild chance?

No more so than any bank or financial institution. You may as well point the finger at the atm's at the supermarket for running up your grocery bill.

The client in question apparently is in that business, although given the type, IMO any nationality or racial group could be in her target market. And yes, Thai.

:D

Heng you are robbing an elderly person, good luck when you get to the scales of the Yamatoot

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading the board for a few years, and I thought I would never be one of those guys saying that the Thai woman I married 2 years ago, and was the perfect lady, has now become a greedy, nasty, disgusting woman with the ability to fly around the room on a broom.

I know, the same story, everything was going well until about 6 months ago, I started hearing and seeing changes for the worse. The comments about the friend who has a japanese sponsor who sends her 60-100,000 baht to sit around an do nothing, to the 34 year old thai lady who is a known butterfly, but has found a 60 year old guy from the UK to buy her a new toyota, and build a house (which is in her name)

I take responsibility for my adding to the equation of telling my wife, geez honey, things are bad in the US, I need to be careful with money, we need to wait to buy a house, condo, but the reality is, by US biz and holdings are doing better than ever etc. However, since I started this little sceme, my thai wife has been slowly slipping away, taking a little bit more clothes here and there, hanging out later with thai girlfriends near Suk and Asok late at night (may or may not be an infuence) and also, the talk has started about the "No money, no honey" theme, so I am actually glad I put her to the test!!

So, OK, it is time to cut my losses and lick my wounds and move on! Every day I meet decent hard working girls, and my wife also has a lot of great, single, not money greedy girls, but also, too many lazy vultures. I won't get into the nasty comments she has made about finding a rich falong, going to work in the bar and make her own money! (she works and makes about 10k baht, and I give her2-3000 baht for clothes, spa stuff, so I don't feel I was even being stingy, in addition, I always paid for everything)

The question is, how do I go about the divorce? As far as my wife knows, we have nothing of huge value to split up, she thinks the fridge and TV are sufficient (shows how I was thinking with the wrong head chosing someone so ignorant) Can't we just go peacefully to the Amphur where we filed the marriage?

As far as my Visa to stay here, is about up for renewal in 3 months, and from what I read, the 1 year visa's have come to an end.

Also, I have applied for her to get a USA, VISA, which we started about a year ago, so I need to cancel that, and how am I going to look if I find another foreign lady somewhere else in the World down the road?

Anyway, no use going on and on, you all get the point, I guess I just need to actually say it! The last thing I want to do is have to explain to my family and friends, how the wife I have been bragging about is now turned into a money grubbing ho? Doesn't make me look to bright!

Well, chime in a few thoughts. Mostly the quickest way to get the divorce over, and idea's on visa alternatives! I have kind of looked into the education type visa's, but not sure how that would apply due to the visa I have now.

I am just plain run down and worn out from all this BS, I just want to get her out of my life and move on!

Go get a lawyers advice.

I have been reading the board for a few years, and I thought I would never be one of those guys saying that the Thai woman I married 2 years ago, and was the perfect lady, has now become a greedy, nasty, disgusting woman with the ability to fly around the room on a broom.

I know, the same story, everything was going well until about 6 months ago, I started hearing and seeing changes for the worse. The comments about the friend who has a japanese sponsor who sends her 60-100,000 baht to sit around an do nothing, to the 34 year old thai lady who is a known butterfly, but has found a 60 year old guy from the UK to buy her a new toyota, and build a house (which is in her name)

I take responsibility for my adding to the equation of telling my wife, geez honey, things are bad in the US, I need to be careful with money, we need to wait to buy a house, condo, but the reality is, by US biz and holdings are doing better than ever etc. However, since I started this little sceme, my thai wife has been slowly slipping away, taking a little bit more clothes here and there, hanging out later with thai girlfriends near Suk and Asok late at night (may or may not be an infuence) and also, the talk has started about the "No money, no honey" theme, so I am actually glad I put her to the test!!

So, OK, it is time to cut my losses and lick my wounds and move on! Every day I meet decent hard working girls, and my wife also has a lot of great, single, not money greedy girls, but also, too many lazy vultures. I won't get into the nasty comments she has made about finding a rich falong, going to work in the bar and make her own money! (she works and makes about 10k baht, and I give her2-3000 baht for clothes, spa stuff, so I don't feel I was even being stingy, in addition, I always paid for everything)

The question is, how do I go about the divorce? As far as my wife knows, we have nothing of huge value to split up, she thinks the fridge and TV are sufficient (shows how I was thinking with the wrong head chosing someone so ignorant) Can't we just go peacefully to the Amphur where we filed the marriage?

As far as my Visa to stay here, is about up for renewal in 3 months, and from what I read, the 1 year visa's have come to an end.

Also, I have applied for her to get a USA, VISA, which we started about a year ago, so I need to cancel that, and how am I going to look if I find another foreign lady somewhere else in the World down the road?

Anyway, no use going on and on, you all get the point, I guess I just need to actually say it! The last thing I want to do is have to explain to my family and friends, how the wife I have been bragging about is now turned into a money grubbing ho? Doesn't make me look to bright!

Well, chime in a few thoughts. Mostly the quickest way to get the divorce over, and idea's on visa alternatives! I have kind of looked into the education type visa's, but not sure how that would apply due to the visa I have now.

I am just plain run down and worn out from all this BS, I just want to get her out of my life and move on!

I don't quite understand. I feel bad for you but the reality is, you are an old man. You freely recognise that you could not get a woman back home.... here you can but you get hurt and feel bad when you realise its all about money... I feel bad for you, you want love but the reality is... you won't get it. I'm sorry. If your girlfriend is going to be 30 to 40 years your junior you will never get one that is real and isnt out to use you. You probably dont want to hear this but its the truth, I think you would be better off recognising the truth of your situation no matter how painful. This way you hopefully wont be hurt if you accept the real reason women are with you, accept it and not expect anything real. Or you could try dating women alot closer to your own age if you really want a true feeling of love from them.

My advice is: be careful and think through every move you make.

You may consider your wife as lacking in brain cells, but it’s who they know and the advice they get on how to gain the most money and create the ultimate damage, that can do you harm.

The low life’s that work in the bars and so forth may not be educated, but they’re cunning, as sharp as shithouse rats, know the system and very streetwise.

If your wife is finding pursuits other than that involves you, it means she is already making plans and probably is well influenced and supported by her social circle of friends.

There are some Thai people out there who have made separating the Farang from his assets into an industry, especially within the bar scene.

So think carefully, get yourself at least 2 steps ahead of her at all times and don’t take it for granted that she can be manipulated to follow whatever you have planned.

Edited by sassienie

There are many foreign guys now that are warning; don’t get involved with Thai women. Love them and leave them. Short time is safe time.

Especially these days because of the world economic crisis, many are becoming desperate and seeing Farangs as an easy option to gaining a lot of money quickly.

In my own experience, I found this a few months ago, when I discovered my wife’s married sister in law selling herself on social networking sites with the knowledge of her husband.

There are probably many Thai girl Farang guy marriage success stories out there, but the message is clear: buyer beware, they are becoming more deceitful and cunning.

Check out this post I found on craigslist:

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/w4m/1057763943.html

Edited by sassienie

There's an older British gent in a similar situation that I know of. His wife put his (paid for by him) house/land in hock to my aunt and recently transferred to the property to us without his knowledge. She's since moved back up country (or at least away). Now we have to go through the process of breaking the news to him that he doesn't own his house.

Judging from earlier posts of his, Heng comes from a well-to-do, if not affluent Thai-Chinese family.

Now at least we know where all this wealth comes from.

Mike

I like siam suzi's idea. Put it together that she is going to have to support you for a while until your (insert relative of your choice) straightens out. She will be asking you for a divorce in no time.

I cant see why heng is at fault. if the wife had mortgaged the property with a bank (no other signature required because it is in her name) and defaulted on the loan, would the bank feel the owe the farang a living?

a loanshark is a loanshark, they would just as happily have had it if it were her money that paid for it. he has stated in the past he has some pawn shops, it is his business. feeling sorry for the guy after the fact doesn't even come into it.

this is a chance you take when you put something in somebody elses name the world over. it is not a thai farang thing

I beleive there is a Thai Law that both the husband and wife have to sign any agreements that either enter into. In reality the husband does not get asked to have his wife sign since it is difficult to know if he is married. The wife would have MRS on her ID card and this was being protested a while back. I know i had to sign when my wife applied for an OD account at the bank even when using land in her name as collateral. Also my attorney said that she can not sell the land without my signature. If she tries the sale can be revoked. Any contract she signs that i do not sign can be revoked within one year from he date i find out about it.

You are so quick to judged. May be the British man was cheating on his wife, so she took revenged on him. We'll never know will we?.

I can't see why you would fault Heng for TCB. It's not his job to ask or informed his client of what is/was/will transpired. As such, business is business.

May be? May be she was cheating on him and gave the money to her boyfriend?

One thing is for sure: Agreeing on that deal without informing the old guy, who could be totally ruined and destroyed by that, shows only a cold, heartless character.

Why that figure?

In my experience, nothing is ever enough for Thais, especially the one's mixed with Chinese or those in Pattaya. :o

I believe that's your magic number for "all one needs to live."

>Racial dig deflected off the aluminum sidings of your "dig" gun.<

My question is what do you posters think is a fair payment for her to divorce? In the OP's case of being married for 2 years ? One poster suggested 200,000 baht so 100,000 per year? Another poster said he paid 300,000 baht but did not mention how long he had been married. I think this could be another subject along the lines of Sin Sod. Pay or not pay? How much to pay ? In this case his wife is already making 10,000 a month at her job so she does not need money to live after the divorce and he has been giving her 3,000 a month while they were married.

But Heng is so much more interesting.

Don't I know it. :D

Right, as long as there are "human beings" like you around to take advantage of a mans lack of forethought when he's already being vicitimised by his thieving wife... How dare he make the mistake of trusting a loved one, that will teach him eh? Good for you for giving him this painful lesson, he obviously deserves it. He's the kind of scum this world doesnt need right? He should have had the forethought to not love and trust his WIFE.

Again, no different than blaming the bank for that silly Giffarine MLM "investment" or the BBL atm machine at Emporium for spending way too at Cartier.

You're making assumptions, I'm not. The facts are that a contract was legally entered into and executed. Maybe his wife cheated him. Maybe he cheated her. Maybe they are still really together and are trying to cheat us? One can't really assume anything other than that all involved are adults. Maybe not all consenting adults, but adults.

One thing is for sure: Agreeing on that deal without informing the old guy, who could be totally ruined and destroyed by that, shows only a cold, heartless character.

I'll second that

I read a lot of mischievousness! :D

Mischievousness was and is never a sign of a good attitude!

In the case of the old guy it was a very bad behavior to treat him this way!!!

There's a meaning in Thai "if you do good you will get good, if you do bad you will get bad"

Yeah, business is business but it could have been done in another way! MHO and not meant personally!

Edited by webfact

I cant see why heng is at fault. if the wife had mortgaged the property with a bank (no other signature required because it is in her name) and defaulted on the loan, would the bank feel the owe the farang a living?

a loanshark is a loanshark, they would just as happily have had it if it were her money that paid for it. he has stated in the past he has some pawn shops, it is his business. feeling sorry for the guy after the fact doesn't even come into it.

Thanks.

Any financial institution would much much rather have your interest than your property. The longer the better. Pay it off in 30 years if that's what suits you. People are way too quick to try to make out the lender into the bad guy. Just look at the term "loanshark"... people assume, small pawn shop must = heartless shark type character, when if they only used just a little bit of logic: a legal registered pawnshop here charges about 1% a month, less than most rates you'll get from Visa/Mastercard whether you're 18 or 80. But because you get to meet your lender in the former case, or at least know his name on some board, or have been to his house... and will probably never meet any of the boardmembers of any of the world's major banks, the former is called a loanshark but the latter is a CEO/CIO/CFO, etc. Doesn't bother me, but I can't help but want to remind folks of their hypocrisy.

Heng you are robbing an elderly person, good luck when you get to the scales of the Yamatoot

Organized religion is one of the major forces that keeps the planet in check. Because if everyone realized that all the time you get on this planet is 60-80 years, and amassed resources for their genetic lines accordingly, the planet would probably die out within one generation. What better mechanism to keep consumption at a minimum (not now, not now... you'll get yours in the NEXT life/in heaven/etc.)?

Judging from earlier posts of his, Heng comes from a well-to-do, if not affluent Thai-Chinese family.

Mike

"All?" Hardly.

But I do admit that this is one branch of our businesses that is quite recession proof. When things are flush, people overspend and need more financial backing. When the economy is on the rocks, everyone is short and needs a bridge loan. If anything, it's completely clear that so many people have no concept of moderation. The house needs to be just a little bigger even though everyone already fits comfortably under one roof, they want to send the kids to Australia when there are plenty of other regional education choices, they want that top of the line truck when they haven't even paid off their house, etc., etc.

i have a treasure of a wife ,who never wants anything(except shoes) how can a woman need so many?

:D:D:D

Our wives must be sisters! What on earth does one woman need 50 pairs of shoes for? :D

Ask Imelda Marcos. She will have the answer you are looking for...

Thais never walk so why do they need them?

Mike

"All?" Hardly.

But I do admit that this is one branch of our businesses that is quite recession proof. When things are flush, people overspend and need more financial backing. When the economy is on the rocks, everyone is short and needs a bridge loan. If anything, it's completely clear that so many people have no concept of moderation. The house needs to be just a little bigger even though everyone already fits comfortably under one roof, they want to send the kids to Australia when there are plenty of other regional education choices, they want that top of the line truck when they haven't even paid off their house, etc., etc.

While realising this is a seperate thread, i think it compliments the one about Breaking up.

Post 25 ref. Heng by the way.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Breaking-Up-...48#entry2617948

I,m seeing a different side to your nature which is intended as a compliment, by the way.

Perhaps we could start a thread about both the ( sensible ) positives and negatives members wish to share relating to past relationships.

Haven,t seen many cynical posts, of which i usually find silly comments and OT observations either.

Thank you

Thank you

Edited by sheff_mick

You are so quick to judged. May be the British man was cheating on his wife, so she took revenged on him. We'll never know will we?.

I can't see why you would fault Heng for TCB. It's not his job to ask or informed his client of what is/was/will transpired. As such, business is business.

May be? May be she was cheating on him and gave the money to her boyfriend?

And for not knowing (in advance) that their relationship would breakdown over the course of the ensuing 7+ years?

Look I feel sorry for the guy and all... and in fact I do believe he is being offered a reasonable price/lease rate. We do not however have anything to ease the sting of salt being sprinkled on an open wound, especially a wound that we did not inflict.

So Heng your family is in the "Fleecing the Farang" business too, are u Thai by any wild chance?

No more so than any bank or financial institution. You may as well point the finger at the atm's at the supermarket for running up your grocery bill.

The client in question apparently is in that business, although given the type, IMO any nationality or racial group could be in her target market. And yes, Thai.

This thread has been well and truly hijacked...

I really can't see why you are all jumping on Heng

He had already stated that the man had been offered the house below market or a lease.

The man's wife did the bad thing not Heng's family. If Heng's family had not lent the money, she would have borrowed it from someone else who may not attempt a reasonable settlement.

I know of a few occasions where Thai men have borrowed money from a bank, using their parents' property as collateral. They've defaulted and the parents are turfed out by the bank and made homeless.

Who do you blame in these cases? The bank? The Son? The parents?

This thread has been well and truly hijacked...

I can.....

people with their own inadequacies, people who have been here for a time and at the end of the day dispise Thailand: well, they have found an easy target, an english speaking, western educated guy who they can take their frustrations out on given they can't do it on a day to day basis with everyone else.

Heng, here is another business idea for you and I. We can go into counciling washed up expats who sold up everthing at home and move to Thailand thinking they'd live like kings. We can take their last $10,000 dollars in fee's, and send them back to farang land at peace with their time here in Thailand....and broke.

Seriously people...get a life.

I can take it as well as I can dish it, no worries, I'm sure all the old hands around here, Samran included, know that.

For what its worth, my OP (and sorry for the subsequent hijack) was of the "so watch your back, because it happens" variety.

I can't think of anyone who doesn't hate foreigners screwing their own countrymen.

Ok, the average guy in Pattaya has a lower IQ than normal but...

If you can speak Thai and hang around Thais, you'll see how the typical :farang: is a big joke and it's justifiable to scam as much cash out of him as possible. One reason I never go to Pattaya is because the worst of the worst scum in the land prey on the :farang: there. It's a big watering hole in a financially dry country, where buffalo from around the world aka "Stan the taxi driver from Bolton", "Hank the steel worker from Detroit" or "Larss the retired Norwegian seaman" congregate in their sexual pilgtramage or even worse, renunciating their material wealth for some slag from Si Sasket.

Sympathy for the OP, he didn't know or wouldn't listen.

Heng - if financial gain is more important than your serenity, or you have no moral underatanding, I pray you see the light before you die. You may not believe in after life, but I assure you there is one. :o

BAH! The afterlife better have bigger concerns with murdering and raping scum then people like Heng that take advantage of a mans bad choice in women. There's a kizzilion much worse people so lets hope THEY get their just deserts before we start wishing it on Heng.

Bottom line Heng, we are pissed at you because as a well educated and perhaps western common sense influenced person we expect you to have a sense of morality WE are familiar with and not the Thai version which really... has no basis in common sense or morality at all. What I would have done in your position is immediately contact the old husband of the woman bringing you his property and tell him whats going on and give him a chance to immediately buy back the loan and keep his property, more importantly letting him know full well what his evil scheming wife is doing so he can take steps to protect himself from her right away. Also, Thai law is setup to steal from the falang, and you are not breaking Thai law but you are totally supporting the setup structure that is letting Thai people continue to rob falangs over and over. In other countries there are laws that protect people, here there is not and you are taking advantage of that.

Well, chime in a few thoughts.

Sorry to hear about your marriage going bad.

It happens & like some have said the best way I agree is to do it right & get a divorce proper.

You even asked in your post about..........

how am I going to look if I find another foreign lady somewhere else in the World down the road?

So even you realize the possibility of a future marriage.

It is none of my business but from reading your post I get the feeling you were always a bit suspicious? Maybe a bit leary from posts you read from others?

Maybe guarded ?

When you said things like..............

my adding to the equation of telling my wife, geez honey, things are bad in the US, I need to be careful with money, we need to wait to buy a house, condo, but the reality is, by US biz and holdings are doing better than ever

Or when you say things like.....

As far as my wife knows, we have nothing of huge value to split up

Makes me wonder a little if you were ever 100% married in *your* mind?

I know many will jump in now & say......" Well it is a good thing he was secretive"

But my reading your posts suggests you were never married. Maybe she just came to that conclusion too & was a bit pissed at having wasted 2 years also?

Trust me I am not judging you I just mention it as a possible thought for your future marriages if any.

Good Luck to you

I can.....

people with their own inadequacies, people who have been here for a time and at the end of the day dispise Thailand: well, they have found an easy target, an english speaking, western educated guy who they can take their frustrations out on given they can't do it on a day to day basis with everyone else.

Compassion ? Do you understand the meaning of this word? Compassion for an old man.

Bottom line Heng, we are pissed at you because as a well educated and perhaps western common sense influenced person we expect you to have a sense of morality WE are familiar with and not the Thai version which really... has no basis in common sense or morality at all. What I would have done in your position is immediately contact the old husband of the woman bringing you his property and tell him whats going on and give him a chance to immediately buy back the loan and keep his property, more importantly letting him know full well what his evil scheming wife is doing so he can take steps to protect himself from her right away. Also, Thai law is setup to steal from the falang, and you are not breaking Thai law but you are totally supporting the setup structure that is letting Thai people continue to rob falangs over and over. In other countries there are laws that protect people, here there is not and you are taking advantage of that.

I believe you truly reflected the feelings of all the people who criticized Heng action. Great post !

Edited by Pierrot

I can.....

Compassion ? Do you understand the meaning of this word? Compassion for an old man.

I believe you truly reflected the feelings of all the people who criticized Heng action. Great post !

Um, the house is owned by the woman. Not the old british geezer. If he was to be notified by Heng, then what? I mean really, at the end of the day, she would have had to give some sort of power of the property back to him. Unlikely to say the least

Like or hate the woman (and my pre-disposition would be to not to like her) she was doing everything legal and above board. Additionally, there isn't a thing anyone could do about it.

And additionally, why should I feel sorry for some bloke who came here, blows his money on some bird he met on holiday, and then decided to GIVE AWAY his money to her - presumably so he thinks he can have her for the rest of his life. I mean seriously people. He gave it away on his own accord, she didn't take it from him nor did she walk into Heng Suay pawn shop with a gun to his head and make him sign over the place.

Um, the house is owned by the woman. Not the old british geezer. If he was to be notified by Heng, then what? I mean really, at the end of the day, she would have had to give some sort of power of the property back to him. Unlikely to say the least

Like or hate the woman (and my pre-disposition would be to not to like her) she was doing everything legal and above board. Additionally, there isn't a thing anyone could do about it.

And additionally, why should I feel sorry for some bloke who came here, blows his money on some bird he met on holiday, and then decided to GIVE AWAY his money to her - presumably so he thinks he can have her for the rest of his life. I mean seriously people. He gave it away on his own accord, she didn't take it from him nor did she walk into Heng Suay pawn shop with a gun to his head and make him sign over the place.

they refuse to see it.

they are looking for something to relieve him of the consequences of his own poor decisions.

If American, some states allow for divorce based upon abandoment.

www.syl.com/articles/howtogetadivorceandabandonmentdivorce.html

Just say she was suposed to come meet you in the states and never did.

The problem with this idea is that if you file for divorce in the states, you'll have to have her served. Now depending upon what state you are in, that can be difficult (the requirements often vary). So, get the divorce here. You won't have to be looking for her to have her served. You don't want to stay married to someone and have no idea where they are or what they are doing because you are legally attached and therefore duties and responsibilities exist that need to be terminated. Don't just leave.

You did very well in suggesting that your business is on a down-turn. Now follow it up with a payoff - for me I'd offer the tv and whatever else within reason she wants - but make it as though it is putting you under tremendous hardship. Then get it over. You'll be better off.