Any Laws About Falang Killing Soi Dogs?

Tokay

Usually our street has not been a problem but the past few months it has become soi dog-land and several of them are biting people left and right.

The Thais just beat them with sticks until they run off but the mutt will run back later and take a bite out of someone else. Some of them simply need to die.

Any laws against this?

interesting question. Problem (as usual). Many Thais do have same problems, but normaly no one will take responsibility to do something.

Another question: what to do, if the dogs belong to someone? (f.e. barking all the time, day and night) ?

interesting question. Problem (as usual). Many Thais do have same problems, but normaly no one will take responsibility to do something.

Another question: what to do, if the dogs belong to someone? (f.e. barking all the time, day and night) ?

My Thai neighbors just beat them silly with sticks if they bark too much. Though oddly now that they are biting the children on my street as well as the adults, the Thais won't do anything other than beat them again.

I know it's a problem all over Thailand but I feel I'm going to have to be the one to do something on my street because the locals just won't do it no matter how many kids and adults these rabid dogs are biting.

I read once that feeding them anti-freeze will kill them and they actually like the taste of it. Any truth to this?

I read once that feeding them anti-freeze will kill them and they actually like the taste of it. Any truth to this?

Yes, it is true. The glycol (sp?) in aintifreeze has a sweet, sugar taste to dogs. You must keep it away from your own pets. And yes it will kill them. However, please don't do it. Death by poisoning is not a pleasant way to die, and I think even a soi dog deserves better.

We all have the same problem thru out the kingdom, I hate to see harm come to the poor animals but when human safety become an issue, than I each individual must fence for him or herself. In my area this problem was reported to the Tambon Office they send people to remove as many dogs as they could, I witness ten taken away within 15 to 20 days there was at least 9 or 10 dogs to replace them. So to keep it short I we as individuals have to take care of it our self, beat and chase them off anti-freeze, chocolate, what ever. :o:D

Yes, kill the dogs in a slow agonizing way, however, don't expect any sympathy from the powers thst be, when you come back next life as a starving soi dog that someone poisons in your turn. Instant karma is going to get you! :o

I agree with you UG, about the poisoning of the dogs.

I wonder what sort of Karma the dog gets from running around biting everyone, especially if prior to being a dog, it was a person that poisoned a soi dog. Now its a soi dog biting everyone. I guess when it comes back next time its probably going to be a moderator on thai visa??? :D Seriously whats its punishment going to be on your scale?

...problem .... soi dog-land ....

when i have met angry dogs around,

pretend like pick up a stone,

and then ´throw´ against them.

usually it helps after 1-2 times, dogs

are afraid about that.

dont recommend killing, because

then it will be everlasting project

in thailand :o:D

It would probably continue to come back as a soi dog for many lives, until it killed a very young child, whereupon it would turn into a moderator, until it banned too many people and then into a very evil army ant that would get stamped on over and over again.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Don't hesitate to kill any soi dog that has bitten anyone. Unlike the "head in the sand" posters I would prefer killing a dog to having a child get maimed or die of rabies.

I don't like the poisening method but do what you have to do. If it were me I'd pay a Thai to do it so if some idiot tries to scam you afterwards claiming you killed their beloved pet you let them deal with it.

Yes, kill the dogs in a slow agonizing way, however, don't expect any sympathy from the powers thst be, when you come back next life as a starving soi dog that someone poisons in your turn. Instant karma is going to get you! :o

I agree with you UG, about the poisoning of the dogs.

I wonder what sort of Karma the dog gets from running around biting everyone, especially if prior to being a dog, it was a person that poisoned a soi dog. Now its a soi dog biting everyone. I guess when it comes back next time its probably going to be a moderator on thai visa??? :D Seriously whats its punishment going to be on your scale?

What karma do I get for killing mosquitos or taking antibiotics to kill bacteria?

While soi daogs represent a major safety issue, and annoyance factor in any community, advocating cruel, slow deaths and in-humane treatment is not what Thai Visa is about.

These topics, if let run, usually turn into a free for all of bickering and flaming between opposing sides of the issue.

With that in mind, I am closing this topic now before it gets out of hand and members get themselves in hot water.

Closed.