My Angry Rant - One Of Those Weeks

geriatrickid

Where is the Tarawan so that I can avoid it. Never heard of it

For reference, this is what poster is talking about...

"Took the same friend out for his belated birthday dinner at Tarawan, which is a pretty decent fish place on Beach Rd. in Patong."

Anyone want to give a more precise location ... :o

The Tarawan is on the Beach road walking towards the Graceland Hotel. I'd say its about a 5-10 minute walk from the Bangla corner. If I am not mistaken, it has the same owner's as the big Andamman resort. Please keep in mind that I wasn't criticizing the food because it's ok. We had one giant Phuket lobster (ok it's a crawfish variant, but they call it lobster) and I had red Snapper. It was good. The appetizers were those shrimps they make in the noodle cocoon and assorted satay. The meal annoyed me only because it has been ok the previous 2X I have eaten there and then it was weird service night. I think it's about 10-15% cheaper than the other fancy fish places other side of Bangla around Banana. I know there are much cheaper places outside of Patong, but my friend finished work late at 19:30 and I had to leave by 21:30, so fine eatin' joints were limited close to work for us both. I would have settled for chicken soup on the soi at 60 baht, but I owe him alot for helping me.

OK Huggy, I see you go from questioning my position on Buffalo, to being honest and saying you haven't eaten there. See my fat finger? I'm pointing it at you and scoffing. Thank you for being honest though.

OK Huggy, I see you go from questioning my position on Buffalo, to being honest and saying you haven't eaten there. See my fat finger? I'm pointing it at you and scoffing. Thank you for being honest though.

Wow, looks like the Huggs is taking a beating in this thread..........

"where is the love"

To the boys regarding the Islander, seems I misinterpreted the question, thanks for straightening that out for me.

To G-Man regarding Buffalo Steakhouse, I just am not going to throw my hard earned baht at something I know I'm going to be disappointed with. Overpriced, grisssly steaks, you are not the first one to report this.

Happy Easter guys

Great rant G, I've a friend who bought a tsunami proof house and swears that Puket is only worthwhile in the off season, he hates the tourists and loves the local farangs and local Thais...there's always a better day....somewhere? :o

Hallo,

sorry to disagree with some of the posters. Not a good rant. Reason: The OP writes: Quote "I won't buy anything from Norway. Best thing Denmark ever did was to rid itself of that primitive backwater".

I am not Scandinavian but to name a country (and it includes it's citizens!) a "primitive backwater" is in my eyes - to be gentle -not just a compliment, if you understand what I mean. It would be highly appreciated if posters could keep insults of other nations to itself and just not publish in a forum like this. I have a Norwegian friend, I have been to Oslo, I have eaten Norwegian food (including salmon). Nothing to "worry" about.

Great rant G, I've a friend who bought a tsunami proof house and swears that Puket is only worthwhile in the off season, ...

D*mn right! Only a few weeks to go and it'll be nice and peaceful again for 7 or 8 months. Lovely! :o

I think the OP should explain why he don't like Norway and smoked salmom from that country? they make very good smoked salmon up there.

I'm from Denmark and we danes have it fine with the norwegians, I wonder where the OP comes from?

This season have been very quiet up the middle part of Phuket, hope for the friends with restaurants that next high season wil be much better

I think the OP should explain why he don't like Norway and smoked salmom from that country? they make very good smoked salmon up there.

I'm from Denmark and we danes have it fine with the norwegians, I wonder where the OP comes from?

This season have been very quiet up the middle part of Phuket, hope for the friends with restaurants that next high season wil be much better

opened a can of worms G?

Living in Patong? why would anyone live in a real-life horror wax museum freak show? That place is worse than a bad trip on norwegian mushrooms.

By the way you should try the entrecote with 3 different sauces at the Buffalo at the south end of Karon, it was one of the best steak dinners I have had in Southeast Asia. Crispy of course, anyone ordering a medium entrecote is just a fruit who tries to hide it.

We all have days/weeks like that!

Have to say that living in Rawai I don't really notice the difference between the high and low season. Not many tourists here, mainly ex-pats.

The Islanders's food is pretty good, but can't say I found them that friendly. Perhaps its 'cos we were 2 farang females?

p.s. friends I hasten to add! (Why do I suddenly feel obliged to add that? It would never have crossed my mind before???)

Edited by F1fanatic