Good Price?

makavelli

Just got a price flying on 20th July and returning 12th August, £514 including tax aswell, flying economy with Emirates from Manchester, as London is abit too far, I am from Sunderland and Newcastle ticket prices r around the £680 mark.

Is this a good price or can anone else beat it?

Cheers people :o

You are going bang right in the middle of the school hols when all of the little Thai kids are travelling home from their boarding schools in the UK for their annual summer break in LOS.

Also being as said school holidays/factorys/Coal fields /shipyards 2 week jolly time you will have have a general increase in family visits to see granny-aunty whatsit and vice versa in places like Qz and NZ.

For cheapest times and prices avoid HI SO months and festivals like Song C-Xmas and Hogmanay.

Feb,Mar,April,Sept,Oct and Nov. (with some exceptions)are usually the most competitive

:o

Just got a price flying on 20th July and returning 12th August, £514 including tax aswell, flying economy with Emirates from Manchester, as London is abit too far, I am from Sunderland and Newcastle ticket prices r around the £680 mark.

Is this a good price or can anone else beat it?

Cheers people   :o

Probably is a good price. If you want to check, take a look at the following:

http://www.airnet.co.uk/

http://www.ebookers.com/

http://www.opodo.co.uk/

http://www.ebookers.com/

http://www.expedia.co.uk/

Opodo have been offering £25 off flights over £150 (booked by 31 January) and generally have a good range of airlines - particularly if you're happy to accept non-direct.

Edited by Steve2UK

That makes GB2P514 with Emirates from Manchester a good price considering Phuket Air flies from Gatwick, and are definitely not in the same class as Emirates.

The fact my mate lives in London & its a "direct flight" cheaper by 64 pounds. I do'nt think he's worried to much about not being in the same class. :o

That makes GB2P514 with Emirates from Manchester a good price considering Phuket Air flies from Gatwick, and are definitely not in the same class as Emirates.

The fact my mate lives in London & its a "direct flight" cheaper by 64 pounds. I do'nt think he's worried to much about not being in the same class. :o

I flew out with Phuket no problem, but your mate might get a bit worried about 'the class' if he experiences a big delay of 38 hours with Phuket as reported on this forum, amongst others, this is where 'class counts'.

My response was directed at someone from the north of England.

Edited by fisherd3

Couple just got in on my mail-text

THAI AIRWAYS

Depart Now-30JUN05 (last booking date 28FEB05)

Bangkok:- £315

all other Thailand domestic destinations of Thai Airways:- £346.

Beat the deadlines - book online on www.etours-flights.com

Email: [email protected]

and....

From £376 return (inc. tax)

Outbound Depart: London Heathrow

Arrive: Bangkok (BKK)

Inbound Depart: Bangkok (BKK)

Arrive: London Heathrow

Validity 22 Jan 2005 to 30 Jun 2005

ebookers .com

and...

Thai:

£322 to Bangkok

£352 to all domestic points in Thailand

£385 to Hong Kong / Singapore / Guangzhou / Kuala Lumpur / Penang /

£505 to Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane

EVA...

£320 to Bangkok in economy

£520 to Bangkok in Evergreen Deluxe

£455 to HoChiMinh & Hanoi

Phuket Air

£325 to Bangkok

£555 to Sydney

China Eastern.

£325 to Bangkok / Phuket / Singapore / Kuala Lumpur / Delhi

visit www.westeasttravel.com

:o

Always next time :D

First time I flew Thai (LON-Bangers)it cost me @£500 but that was over 15 years ago.

In fact a trip with Binman in 1984 was £360 and if you consider that for years the baht was pegged on the Exchange market at $1=25 and £1=38-42...then you are now still quids in. :D

One horrible day in something like 1992-3-4 I only got 33 to the Pound......"Quel horrour"....33...c"mon :o:D but then again when the sun came out in "97.....it hit 95 little ones :D

Save a bit ..lose a bit....enjoy a lot...........Never Mind... enjoy it....MPR :D

There's some great deals around at the moment. Unfortunately I booked my flights three weeks ago for £500, after phoning the agent they are unable to change/refund them. Wished I'd waited a few weeks now  :o

Tough that one mate. I nearly fell into the same bad timing. But fortunately I had to delay the booking for a couple of days. When I phoned back the prices had dropped by £100.