Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

I actually think there is possibly too much windows, however i can see from the pic at that angle that this is difficult to determine.

Yes will be fully aircon.

Have a look at the vids for more detail, big files though and may take a few minutes to download.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8dac75f...1940a51b339e393

Edited by LennyW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
post-62606-1262344715_thumb.jpg

497 Sqm on 300Tw.

A variation of a classic design, superb!

I'm always frustrated by houses on small plots - unfortunately, larger plots are so rare as the developers are greedy.

I think 2 to 3 rai are perfect for a nice 4-BR house.

post-62606-1262344715_thumb.jpg

497 Sqm on 300Tw.

A variation of a classic design, superb!

I'm always frustrated by houses on small plots - unfortunately, larger plots are so rare as the developers are greedy.

I agree a 2 to 3 rai plot would be nice, but with land prices in this particular area running at between 3 and 5 million a rai - it is a bit too much for most people for a "nice to have".

As with any decent residential area in or around Pattaya 300Tw is considered to be quite a generous plot.

Dont blame the developers, blame the greedy landowners!! :)

Personally I could never live in a housing estate. In Bangkok I lived within walking distance of major shopping malls, hotels and the Skytrain. Upcountry I live in a field on five rai, with no fences or hindrance to my view or access to trails.

Suburbia seems to be neither here nor there. Give me total city or total country. Whichever extreme I live in, I will occasionally visit the other but probably won't spend much time in the space between.

Not that I care to rough it. Either place, it is nice to have a comfy nest to retreat to.

3 br (2 up, 1dn), 4 bath, billiard room, western + Thai kitchens, dining, living room, etc. Cheers.

Your place looks great

I like your Thai style gazebo, was thinking of putting something like that in my place straddling a fish pond. Any advice for me?

3 br (2 up, 1dn), 4 bath, billiard room, western + Thai kitchens, dining, living room, etc. Cheers.

Your place looks great

I like your Thai style gazebo, was thinking of putting something like that in my place straddling a fish pond. Any advice for me?

Thanks. The "sala" was made by a local constructer using "old" wood, wagon wheels, etc. included fan and lights. But, it was about 30K delivered. :) They look simple enough to build but probably need tools that I don't have here. Anyway, you can find these things many parts of Thailand. I sent the wife to bargain as she's good at it and thus hopefully avoided the "farang price". Cheers.

A simplified version of the wooden sala is used as an alternative to the styrofoam sala, which is burned with the body at the cremation ceremony. More expensive but more permanent and not polluting.

The wooden sala can then be used as a memorial around the village. In the case of my wife's brother, we put his next to the bus stop so people can use it as a place to sit and wait for the bus.

Some Thais will be superstitious about having something like that around the house while others will not. You might want to ask the wife what she thinks about the idea. If you dress it up a bit, like the one in the picture, it shouldn't be a problem.

QUOTE (Royspurs @ 2010-01-18 00:35:57) post_snapback.gifQUOTE (bankruatsteve @ 2010-01-17 22:31:02) post_snapback.gif3 br (2 up, 1dn), 4 bath, billiard room, western + Thai kitchens, dining, living room, etc. Cheers.

Your place looks great

Thanks. The "sala" was made by a local constructer using "old" wood, wagon wheels, etc. included fan and lights. But, it was about 30K delivered. :) They look simple enough to build but probably need tools that I don't have here. Anyway, you can find these things many parts of Thailand. I sent the wife to bargain as she's good at it and thus hopefully avoided the "farang price". Cheers.

A simplified version of the wooden sala is used as an alternative to the styrofoam sala, which is burned with the body at the cremation ceremony. More expensive but more permanent and not polluting.

The wooden sala can then be used as a memorial around the village. In the case of my wife's brother, we put his next to the bus stop so people can use it as a place to sit and wait for the bus.

Some Thais will be superstitious about having something like that around the house while others will not. You might want to ask the wife what she thinks about the idea. If you dress it up a bit, like the one in the picture, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks gents for the good info, I had previously shown my wife the picture and she seemed very keen on the idea, but wait a minute, maybe she see's it as a dual purpose thing, sit in the garden with him for a while and when bored cremate him in it :D ..............................think I'll put up a pergola instead, safer :D

QUOTE (Royspurs @ 2010-01-18 00:35:57) post_snapback.gifQUOTE (bankruatsteve @ 2010-01-17 22:31:02) post_snapback.gif3 br (2 up, 1dn), 4 bath, billiard room, western + Thai kitchens, dining, living room, etc. Cheers.

Your place looks great

Thanks gents for the good info, I had previously shown my wife the picture and she seemed very keen on the idea, but wait a minute, maybe she see's it as a dual purpose thing, sit in the garden with him for a while and when bored cremate him in it :D ..............................think I'll put up a pergola instead, safer :D

RE Sala: I've never heard of the funeral purpose but there you go. Most places I know of just use them for lounging. Cheers.

Beautiful house but I was wondering about the relative lack of windows. I assume it will need to be air-conditioned throughout.

almost complete absence of windows, with the few that are present ruined by black film.

no thanks!!

How about some pictures of our finished houses. Give the others an idea of how farangs actually live over here. A shack or a mansion, don't be shy. Just one representative shot of your dwelling without details of price or location. As they say a picture is worth ...

Well here are some, 5 km from Chiang Mai. (semi urban/semi rural.post-70834-1251159814_thumb.jpg

taste is certainly a personal thing.

lest i be condemned for commenting without contributing, here is my island house. i only get there for about 3-4 mos a year, but i love it.

it is in stark contrast to the tastes of some of the other contributors.

post-26132-1264758779_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758791_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758802_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758814_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758826_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758851_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758881_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758902_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758930_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758950_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264758989_thumb.jpg

post-26132-1264759261_thumb.jpg

Edited by t.s

ts; now that is the setting and type of structure I want when we get the 2 kids out of the nest. (3 years hopefully) Presently live in 4 bedroom 3 bath about 3200 sq foot (15 year old, self contracted. Was fine with growing family, visits by Thai family, etc but smaller with a view is looking better every year.

i only get there for about 3-4 mos a year, but i love it.

Can see why. You're a lucky man. What island?

thanks, its koh phangan. looking to chaloklam bay.

despite all the bad press the island gets, there is alot more to the place than the full moon party, and you cant get farther away from it than chaloklam.

FYI: house is 130 sqm internal space with roof sala, terrace and balcony space that is more than doubled.

we are planning to add a lower level and convert the water tank on the roof to a plunge pool if the water on the island ever stabilizes

Edited by t.s

Very modern ts, where are you? or shall I just hunt you down now that I know what your house looks like? :D

Just kidding, just curious is all, I rarely get out that way so wonder if you are on the other side of Chaloklum in the direction of bottle beach? My husband's dad's second cousin (hey a close relative) lives out that way. Or are you on the Mae Haad side?

Either way, I like your style, very nice :)

Very modern ts, where are you? or shall I just hunt you down now that I know what your house looks like? :D

Just kidding, just curious is all, I rarely get out that way so wonder if you are on the other side of Chaloklum in the direction of bottle beach? My husband's dad's second cousin (hey a close relative) lives out that way. Or are you on the Mae Haad side?

Either way, I like your style, very nice :)

sbk, thanks.

the bay in the views is chaloklam bay, looking from the mae haad side toward bottle beach. in this pic you can see koh ma way behind us over the ridge.

the house is directly over ao hin ngam.

post-26132-1264762469_thumb.jpg

the bay in the views is chaloklam bay, looking from the mae haad side toward bottle beach. in this pic you can see koh ma way behind us over the ridge.

the house is directly over ao hin ngam.

Take nothing away, it's wonderful... my only concern is - does it not frustrate on a hot afternoon having that beautiful expanse of sea in front of you, but no way of easily getting down for a swim?