Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the feeling that your humble abode is much nearer the norm than some that have been posted here. I have on several occasions, advised against building anything like my house, if one is not certain about living here full-time. Being sensible, means building sensible. Thanks for sharing and hopefully it will encourage others to do the same.

This is my humble abode, recently completed.

Nice! I really like the idea of having two levels where the lower level is brick/concrete and the upper level is wood. I first noticed this style while dining at a restaraunt on my way to Nakhon Si Thammarat. The house behind the restaraunt was similar to your design.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my Place on Koh Phangan Island...

You have a stylish house which fits well with the location; your exterior paint appears to have a textured appearance - is that a " wash" effect similar to your interior walls ? How was it achieved?

Here's my garden view.

Lovely view. Is that a beach volleyball court there on the right or just a giant sand box? ;)

Very astute there villagefarang. It's both, depending on who's using it.

Astute is a nice word. Usually they just call me nosy. :lol:

I seem to remember doing this before, but I'll do it again. In the image below you will see a tab labeled 'Browse'. Clicking that will take you to images on your computer. Select, upload and then click 'Attach This File'. Finally click 'Add to Post' and your picture is there.

There is another option if you have files stored online at a url, but I doubt that, considering your question. Looking forward to seeing your home.

Here we have a simple 2 bedroom house built in 2005 for about 800K baht to move in stage.

It's bigger than I planned for but I was away when the foundations were dug and like Topsy, it just grew.

The ground floor is large family room, bathroom, kitchen and guest room.

Upstairs is very large master bedroom with L shaped balcony.

Both sides of the house have been planted with palms and tropical plants which now flourish unabated.

First pic is at move in stage, second is the back patio area this year.

Baan sceadugenga.

Picture011.jpg

IMG_1092a.jpg

Here we have a simple 2 bedroom house built in 2005 for about 800K baht to move in stage.

It's bigger than I planned for but I was away when the foundations were dug and like Topsy, it just grew.

The ground floor is large family room, bathroom, kitchen and guest room.

Upstairs is very large master bedroom with L shaped balcony.

Both sides of the house have been planted with palms and tropical plants which now flourish unabated.

First pic is at move in stage, second is the back patio area this year.

Baan sceadugenga.

Picture011.jpg

IMG_1092a.jpg

Beautiful home scea, really nice :)

Our 'mountain' house between Chiang Rai and Mae Sai.

Bravo! I love it! I really like the roof design. I have a qestion though - it appears to be vented so does this mean that the main room is not air-conditioned?

Bravo! I love it! I really like the roof design. I have a qestion though - it appears to be vented so does this mean that the main room is not air-conditioned?

Us Chiang Rai mountain dwellers often spurn air conditioning.

I've never felt the need for it and am quite happy with fans. I've found the best way to deal with the hot season is to take your shirt off. B)

The center room (6x9 meters) is screened at the roof level.

Us Chiang Rai mountain dwellers often spurn air conditioning.

I've never felt the need for it and am quite happy with fans. I've found the best way to deal with the hot season is to take your shirt off. B)

Unfortunately, That doesn't work very well in Nakhon Si Thammarat except for maybe a month or two.

Archived