Bank Account Outside Thailand

I have a bank account in Hongkong (HSBC), but I don't get any % on it.

I would like to have somewhere an account on which I can get some 3 or more % per month, as the money only sits there.

Money is mostly Euro and some USD

Any good experiences?

I would like to have somewhere an account on which I can get some 3 or more % per month, as the money only sits there.

Any good experiences?

I use Lloyds TSB in the Isle of Man. It is an offshore bank. I have 2 accounts with then. 1 account is money market call acc and the other is International Premier acc. THey can both be opened in USD and Euro and both pay reasonable interest. The bank also has internet and phone banking facilities. Check out there website

3% a month!? Me too.

:D

Yes please sign me up as well..on 3% a month.. :o

Think the OP is confused....this would be 3% p.a.

Go and look at Citibank International Personal banking in singapore

ME four :D

OP:.......have you swing by "The Royal Nigeria Bank, LLC"?

Edited by teacup

• 2 weeks later...

I trade managed FOREX accounts. If I didnt make 3% a month my job wouldnt be worthwhile.

We have an office now in Phuket at the new software park opened in collaboration with songkran university.

Forex is great for generating tax free income for expats here in thailand and has the benefit of currency diversification/hedging.

post-71011-1241089654_thumb.jpg

I trade managed FOREX accounts. If I didnt make 3% a month my job wouldnt be worthwhile.

hahahahhaahahahahahhahahhahhahahahahahahaahh!!!!!

you leverage 200:1? hahhahahha BLOWOUT!

so you should be able to buy Phuket soon, right?

Any good experiences?

Your PM box just got flooded with messages from guys named Nigi, I imagine.

I have a HSBC account too, opened in HK. It's multi currency account, I can park the money in a foreign currency term deposit and when it matures, I can extend it or get it transferred back to my cheque account. Although the rates they offer is rather low compared to other financial institutions (I imagine same for Euros and USD, they gotta make money somehow I guess). I also set up internet banking... other than the initial opening of the account, I have not been to HSBC since...it's all very convenient as I can transfer money anywhere (even to Thailand) via internet. It also comes with an ATM card that can be used at any HSBC branch world wide.

I have some AUD with INGdirect in Australia - the rates are around 4%. Again internet banking is convenient, so I can transfer to/from HSBC to this account from my computer.

I am not offering advise, as I am not qualified to do so, but if you want to chase the 4% offerred on AUD, you need to consider the exchange rate now and in the future.