Songkran - Being Inbolve But Leaving Early

dsfbrit

I have a couple of middle aged married friends who have come to visit me from the UK. They want to experience Songkran on Sunday, but not all afternoon or more if they cannot get out of Pattaya because the roads are jammed. So I was planning to drive the car to near the Dolphin Roundabout in North Pattaya at around 9 am and then walk to the bar we have been invited to in Soi Bukkow. I am hoping at around 2 Pm we could walk back to the car and leave Pattaya via the backroads near the beach in North Pattaya (near Northpoint) and then go via Naklua. Could anyone advise if this is possible or are the roads jammed all the way down to Banglamung and the Sukhumvit.

Once we reached the Sukhumvit, we would turn left towards Bangkok.

Thanks for your help...

edit: we are actually trying to get to our home which is in Banglamung - not far from the Regent School. So if anyone knows a clear backroad, maybe the road near the railway line??? that would be a great help - thanks again......

Edited by dsfbrit

I have a couple of middle aged married friends who have come to visit me from the UK. They want to experience Songkran on Sunday, but not all afternoon or more if they cannot get out of Pattaya because the roads are jammed. So I was planning to drive the car to near the Dolphin Roundabout in North Pattaya at around 9 am and then walk to the bar we have been invited to in Soi Bukkow. I am hoping at around 2 Pm we could walk back to the car and leave Pattaya via the backroads near the beach in North Pattaya (near Northpoint) and then go via Naklua. Could anyone advise if this is possible or are the roads jammed all the way down to Banglamung and the Sukhumvit.

Once we reached the Sukhumvit, we would turn left towards Bangkok.

Thanks for your help...

edit: we are actually trying to get to our home which is in Banglamung - not far from the Regent School. So if anyone knows a clear backroad, maybe the road near the railway line??? that would be a great help - thanks again......

this should work - you can park on the street that is parallel to Dusit Hotel as sometimes the police block off nakula between the roundabout and Soi 15 - be prepared to get very wet walking back from Soi Bukkow especially if you walk down 2nd road

Wouldn't you be better off parking in one of the roads between 3rd and Sukhumwit? Then you can walk almost due east from Buakhaw across 3rd, pick up your car and drive out to Sukhumwit.

[sorry can't recall any road names :o Alzheimer's can be so cruel]

I think parking in Pattaya Nua/ Naklua will be your best bet, although you will have quite a walk to and from soi Bukaew. Naklua has their main day on the 18th so that is probably your best escape route. All roads between Pattaya Nua and Threppasit will be jammed (Including Suk), Naklua will probably still be busy but nothing like Pattaya.

Qed, PhilHarries and JM49er1, thanks very much for the feedback. I let my 'middle aged friends' read the replies (they are not very happy about being called middle aged!!) but have decided they will go as it looks like they can leave early in the afternoon.

Thanks again... and enjoy the soaking!