Pad Leader Sondhi Limthongkul Shot

LawnGnome

If Abhisit had prosecuted the PAD like he's prosecuting the UDD, Sondhi probably wouldn't have been shot.

So many things in this statement are so wrong that the poster proves the case that not everyone is fit to vote.

How can anyone trust someone that lacks the comprehension to understand the basic concept of 'separation of power' to be able to vote for a better future for the nation?

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Abhisit had prosecuted the PAD like he's prosecuting the UDD, Sondhi probably wouldn't have been shot.

So many things in this statement are so wrong that the poster proves the case that not everyone is fit to vote.

How can anyone trust someone that lacks the comprehension to understand the basic concept of 'separation of power' to be able to vote for a better future for the nation?

Maybe the poster's reasoning goes..... "If Sondhi had been put in jail, then he wouldn't have been shot". Can't argue with that :o .

Edited by Marvo

All of you guys incredulous that he could have survived 100 rounds fired into the car seem to be ignoring the eye witness report from the bus driver that another car came along and opened fire on the attackers. Sondhi's bodyguard perhaps.

Maybe the attackers only got in a few rounds before they themselves came under fire. Perhaps most of the 100 rounds were fired at them.

Anyway latest reports seem to indicate that he will pull through. Let's hope so.

And I do believe you, because he was always protected by bodyguards, there are many untold things in the stories.

I heard from my army friend that the Reds would go underground, this will lead to the Yellows doing the same, so we will end up with an underground civil war in the heart of BKK akin the problems down south. My heart bleeds for the normal people of Thailand who want a normal harrasment free life. Its so different here than 10 years ago when I first came, its kind of depressing.

Are you sure?

It's really bad.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said he has been informed about the assassination attempt against People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) core leader Sondhi Limthongkul and has ordered security officers to be at the Vajira Hospital where he was undergoing operation.

Armed guards for Sondhi, courtesy of Abhisit? Why? Is he a government official? It just shows again to the international community that it is a puppet government.

This means no such thing.

No government connection is implyed except by you.

Sondhi no doubts can get many guards on his own,

and at this point it is quite prudent of him.

if Abhisit ordered the guards for Sondi, how can it not be a 'government connection'? Your logic defies me.

Your second points win the state-the-bleeding-obvious award for this thread - well done!

How about the equaly obvious that Abhisit would be protecting

THE DOCTORS, NURSES AND OTHER PATIENTS,

by announcing extra security were going to the hospital.

No one said Abhisit was sending Sondhi personal body guards,

but heading off a second attempt on Sondhi in a very open public place.

"has ordered security officers to be at the Vajira Hospital"

Could be checking bags and packages,

or cars entering the parking to protect ALL persons at the hospital.

No doubt if Thaksin were in a hospital under these circumstance, extra security would be sent too.

Police who rushed to the attack scene in front of Iamworanut Temple found Sondhi's car riddled with bullets. Police reportedly collected about 100 cartridges of AK-16 and rifles.

- THE NATION -

AK-47 or M-16? Not that it makes much difference a bullet is a bullet especially if it has your name on it. Although it might point towards a source of the firearm.

Thailand : The Wild East.

As for supanova's comment it appears you are also part of the problem.

:o

It must have been one of those hybrid weapons...an MK-16 or a M-17.

That's like the "Tanks" that were on the strrets of Bangkok before (APC's or Armored Cars) (Question: did anyone see a real TANK not an APC on the street when the Army came out?)

And like those M-79 grenades which were thrown at the PAD before.

Oh well, that's nit-picking I guess.

:D

There are so many posts on this, and other, threads that have no tolerance for other voices and react in an angry and abusive manner that we really do have our own PAD/UDD battle here - ignorance and stupidity.

For those deranged nutters who venomously attack all other opinons and contributions that do not match theirs - you're boring.

"We" kind of agree on certain values and common sense. I'm afraid it's people who come up with ideas completely outside acceptable parameters are deranged nutters, by definition.

I don't think Thaksin is directly behind it. Thaksin does a lot of stupid things, but this wouldn't serve his agenda. Sondhi hasn't been in the news for awhile, and the Yellow Shirts have been relatively quiet of late. Thaksin would more likely plan the untimely death of someone who was more effectively thwarting him - such as the mysterious woman who recently criticized T in a piece on Youtube.

Plus the spray of bullets, with few hitting targets, suggests a terror campaign (to spook someone to shut them up) - rather than a hit to kill.

I don't think Thaksin is directly behind it. Thaksin does a lot of stupid things, but this wouldn't serve his agenda. Sondhi hasn't been in the news for awhile, and the Yellow Shirts have been relatively quiet of late. Thaksin would more likely plan the untimely death of someone who was more effectively thwarting him - such as the mysterious woman who recently criticized T in a piece on Youtube.

Plus the spray of bullets, with few hitting targets, suggests a terror campaign (to spook someone to shut them up) - rather than a hit to kill.

Not very likely, it sounds like luck + reinforced car + armed guards scaring off the attackers is the only reason(s) he is alive. This could very easily have been his demise.

Shooting in to a car (was it still moving?) with people jumping around inside is not a smart move if you only wish to scare someone. There is far too much probability that a round will kill. Sondi was hit and outside of Hollywood you do not clip someone to warn them.

I doubt very much this will shut up Sondi and it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't broadcasting accusations within a day or two. I think the person behind the 'hit' knows this and will want to shut him up asap. I don't think the fat lady has sung yet.

If it were only a vendetta against an enemy that has been a major thorn in his side I might agree with you. What Thaksin, through Jakropob has shown of late, is that he is willing to do things that he feels will create mayhem. If Thaksin thought whacking Sondhi would get the PAD on the streets, he could then send his reds in to get riots and bloodshed rolling again. He needs escalation of conflict and many people have to die in violent attacks for Thaksin to regain any standing. That's what he's trying to accompish now.

Edited by lannarebirth

How about the equaly obvious that Abhisit would be protecting

THE DOCTORS, NURSES AND OTHER PATIENTS,

by announcing extra security were going to the hospital.

No one said Abhisit was sending Sondhi personal body guards,

but heading off a second attempt on Sondhi in a very open public place.

"has ordered security officers to be at the Vajira Hospital"

Could be checking bags and packages,

or cars entering the parking to protect ALL persons at the hospital.

No doubt if Thaksin were in a hospital under these circumstance, extra security would be sent too.

I always find it very difficult to relate your posts to the posts they attack.

Apparently,

though you MAKE my point yourself in your following post.

There was every reason to order heightened security at the hospital

that the press had been saying Sondhi was in.

So this has diddly squat to do with your puppet government ranting.

Edited by animatic

Shooting in to a car (was it still moving?) with people jumping around inside is not a smart move if you only wish to scare someone. There is far too much probability that a round will kill. Sondi was hit and outside of Hollywood you do not clip someone to warn them.

I doubt very much this will shut up Sondi and it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't broadcasting accusations within a day or two. I think the person behind the 'hit' knows this and will want to shut him up asap. I don't think the fat lady has sung yet.

Gee I thought you said you didn't understand me above.

There was every reason to order heightened security at the hospital

that the press had been saying Sondhi was in.

If it were only a vendetta against an enemu that has been a major horn in his side I might agree with you. What Thasin, through Jakropob has shown of late, is that he is willing to do things he feels will create mayhem. If Thaksin thought whacking Sondhi would get the PAD on the streets, he could then send his reds in to get riots and bloodshed rolling again. he needs escalation of conflict and many people have to die in violent attacks for Thaksin to regain any standing. That's what he's trying to accompish now.

Ditto.

Thaksin gains nothing and loses most all if this doesn't turn this into total conflagration,

and he then picks up a army faction and does a coup himself.

He has closed his other options off.

The rumour going around among Thais I know is that it's Suthep Tueksuban the deputy prime minister behind the attempted hit. Sondi 'outed' him as the power behind Abhisit. Sondi calls Abhisit the puppet of Suthep.

The rumour going around the Thais I know, is that it wasnt Suthep behind the attempted hit.

They claim the local som tam lady, knows a lot more than she is saying.

Anyone else with any contacts?????

Its like everyone you meet in Pattaya is ex SAS, every poster on here seems to know someone in the know :o

All of you guys incredulous that he could have survived 100 rounds fired into the car seem to be ignoring the eye witness report from the bus driver that another car came along and opened fire on the attackers. Sondhi's bodyguard perhaps.

Maybe the attackers only got in a few rounds before they themselves came under fire. Perhaps most of the 100 rounds were fired at them.

Anyway latest reports seem to indicate that he will pull through. Let's hope so.

Another theory 'doing the rounds' says, the assassins in the first pick-up weren't supposed to survive the attack on Sondhi, and the second lot were actually their executioners. :o

Has Senor El Thaksin yet made a broadcast, or statement to the media, condemning the assassination-attempt ? Or is he still too busy, carrying a stack of parcels, following Pokemon round the Dubai-branch of Gucci ?

As a firm believer in democracy & justice & peaceful-protest, he is surely about to condemn the attack on his former colleague & recent opponent, in the strongest possible terms ? :D

a plan to kill a privy councilor was busted and now a yellow leader was shot. what's the similarities of these 2 people? what's the intention of the mastermind? to have someone killed in thailand is cheap and easy if you have money. i think there will be more attemp to the life of someone who are the enemy of someone we know.

I don't agree. It was a hit to kill. It is a miracle that he survived. The bullet got inside his scull without damaging the brain (let's see what the doctors say about that, nevertheless). It's just a luck that he is still alive!

I don't agree. It was a hit to kill. It is a miracle that he survived. The bullet got inside his scull without damaging the brain (let's see what the doctors say about that, nevertheless). It's just a luck that he is still alive!

Sure looks like it was intended to kill:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2672527

Edited by lannarebirth

I thought he was in a car, not a boat.

What was your point, I don't get it???? Be more specific please. I am not a native speaker by the way, so any grammatical mistakes are welcome to be corrected.

Cheers :D

:D Just trying to inject some humour into this thread. A "scull" is a small rowing boat. (You meant "skull", but I knew that! :o )

Assuming Sonthi and driver were Buddhist whatever Pra amulets they were wearing will send prices soaring

But, but, but...how can this be? Thailand has gun-control laws. So, there should be no need for amulets....

Edited by luangtom

Perhaps Thailand is just trying to catch up with the US, in terms of insane gun violence.

Oh me gosh...Thailand is a gun slinging society. What else other than....corruption, political assassinations, prostitution, human trafficking, child sexual abuse, swindling of tourists' money, suppression of the poor, buisness dispute killings, real estate scams, jealousy crimes, autonomy by army and police, a misguided society, rioting, civil unrest, a bias Foreign business act......

I wonder now what investors would consider before investing in Thailand, is there any benefit at all to come to Thailand?

Assuming Sonthi and driver were Buddhist whatever Pra amulets they were wearing will send prices soaring

after being around here for almost 3 decades I trust you might be right with that... its not far from becoming reality. TIT

Yeah I can see that happening too. All to easily.

Lots of eggsperts in TV as usual.

1. Not too long before Thaksin got removed, he armed his thugs from the forestry department with M16 rifles and set a plan in place for them to visit some PAD rallies - how fast you all forget. Like most countries in the world it's pretty darned easy to acquire an "illegal" firearm here just like other illegal things, all it takes is a little money.

2. Obviously different weapons were utilized here and the shooters were again obviously not professional - the vehicle was sprayed and the occupants were not individually targeted from the pictures posted in the various outlets. Most likely they were highly excited, nervous, scared and full of themselves, and as noted failed to get the job done - thankfully - this act is not the answer.

3. 5.56 and 7.62 rounds will shred the snot out of an unarmored vehicle at close range - basic physics people. Maybe you should watch Myth Busters?

4. There has been numerous cases documented where an individual has taken some type of projectile (bullet, nails, arrows, etc..) to the head and has demonstrated normal competence and faculty control.

5. The struggle here is fairly old and lame, its the old money versus the new money. On a deeper more historical level it's Chang Mai versus Bangkok. And unfortuanately its the poor who are stuck in the middle and getting the short end of the stick.

These activities and events sadden me. I love Thailand and its culture, these people only care about themselves and evenless about this wonderful land and its warm and caring people. Unfortunately it will take a long time to get rid of the old mind set of the power players and the tradition of patronage.