Uk Embassy Income Certification

Hopefully somebody can help me with this.

For my NON-IMM O marriage visa extension I’m using the 400.000 Baht account option but as a backup I’m also preparing the 40.000 Baht income option.

I’m a Dutch national working for an English company and get my salary paid in an English bank account.

I understand that I need to certify my income with the UK Embassy in Bangkok.

What is the procedure for this?

Is it enough to take my work papers ( pay slip and company papers regarding my position and year income ) with me to the UK embassy.

And how long does it take for the embassy to provide me with this certification letter.

Because I have to travel to Bangkok to visit the embassy I would like to know hoe long it takes.

The UK embassy website mentions nothing about this.

Thanks for all the info for this.

Merijn.

The UK embassy will not do your income letter unless you are from the UK. You will have to get the letter at the Dutch embassy. Immigration also requires it to be from your home country.

The money in the bank should be enough to satisfy immigration as long as it has been there for 2 months and in your name only.

Tanks for the information, I did not know that i had to go to the Dutch embassy even i work for an English company.

The reason that i also prepare the income is because my bank balance was under the 400.000 Baht ( 370.000 Baht ) for a few days during the two months period, and i don't know if they will accept that.

Yes, Dutch embassy. You can also apply by mail, cost is 1,370 baht. If you go by it takes about 20 minutes.

If you have any yearly income statements, just take these with you. If you don't have them, take the pay slip. Don't forget to get the bank letter/income letter from the embassy just before you go for your extension. Don't do it well in advance.

Tanks for the information, I did not know that i had to go to the Dutch embassy even i work for an English company.

The reason that i also prepare the income is because my bank balance was under the 400.000 Baht ( 370.000 Baht ) for a few days during the two months period, and i don't know if they will accept that.

I am sure that they won't quibble over that.

I am sure that they won't quibble over that.

I would not be so sure about that.

For my NON-IMM O marriage visa extension I’m using the 400.000 Baht account option but as a backup I’m also preparing the 40.000 Baht income option.

I’m a Dutch national working for an English company and get my salary paid in an English bank account.

Is it enough to take my work papers ( pay slip and company papers regarding my position and year income ) with me to the UK embassy.

And how long does it take for the embassy to provide me with this certification letter.

Because I have to travel to Bangkok to visit the embassy I would like to know hoe long it takes.

Merijn.

This question may seem unusual, but I'm just wondering why you want a 12month visa to live in thailand when you work in england? Isn't it easier to get a short term visa when you arrive in thailand?

Merijn.

This question may seem unusual, but I'm just wondering why you want a 12month visa to live in thailand when you work in england? Isn't it easier to get a short term visa when you arrive in thailand?

I did not say that i'm working in England, I work for an English company for which i travel around the world.

But my home is Thailand for the last 20 years and i'm now in the proccess of getting a residence visa.

Therefore i need 3 one year visa from Thailand.

Before i would get my NON-IMM O visa from Holland when i went on family visit once a year.

It is a good move to start annual extensions, just remember to get the multiple-entry re-entry permit since you appear to be travelling a lot internationally. However, without employment in Thailand and corresponding tax payments in Thailand it is very unlikely that you can get Permanent Residency.

For the embassy letter, as a Dutch national you have to get it from the Dutch embassy, regardless of where in the world your employer is.

--

Maestro

It is a good move to start annual extensions, just remember to get the multiple-entry re-entry permit since you appear to be travelling a lot internationally. However, without employment in Thailand and corresponding tax payments in Thailand it is very unlikely that you can get Permanent Residency.

For the embassy letter, as a Dutch national you have to get it from the Dutch embassy, regardless of where in the world your employer is.

--

Maestro

Yes, I tried this also and asked about the residency and applicants need to have work permit for the 3yrs as well.

--

Maestro

Yes, I tried this also and asked about the residency and applicants need to have work permit for the 3yrs as well.

The 3 years work permit is only when you apply residency on an NON-IMM B visa.

I'm applying on basis of marriage which don't require the work permit off-course.

The fact that i don't pay Thai tax is an different story and my laywer is working on that.

Looks like have to pay tax for the 3 years in one or the other way.

But i start with the 3 year visa's and will see where i end up. :o

--

Maestro

The 3 years work permit is only when you apply residency on an NON-IMM B visa.

I'm applying on basis of marriage which don't require the work permit off-course.

The fact that i don't pay Thai tax is an different story and my laywer is working on that.

Looks like have to pay tax for the 3 years in one or the other way.

But i start with the 3 year visa's and will see where i end up. :o

I recommend that you go and ask the people in PR room at immigration about this. I asked about this for a similiar situation early this year. I worked here and on extensions for 5 years, have payment of tax records for almost 10yrs and was asking about applying in the family category.

Although in the consideration for pr document it doesn't actually specify that you need work permit, I was told (by the officer) that I need to have work permit to apply for pr (Even applying in the family category with above minimum income). Unfortunately, I quit my job late last year and although still have to pay thai taxes (from investments) each year, this is not enough to be accepted for pr.

I don't know of anyone being accepted pr without work permit, but would be interested if anyone knows if it's possible.