Fun Bar Close To Sukhumvit Soi 11

laphroaig

Hi

I am in Bkk for two or three nights soon and am looking for a recommended bar/pub for evening entertainment.

Last time I was in Bkk I found a great little bar down Soi 22. Not too noisy in relation to music, reasonably priced drinks and the staff were very friendly without being pushy. I had good fun with the girls, they always took me on at pool, connect four and the usual fun stuff in the bar. Good food delivered if I wanted it,and at the end of the night, no pressure for nocturnal activities.

I am staying in Suk Soi 11 this time so with the above in mind are there any recommendations of similar places where I can enjoy good company and a laugh with customers and staff who enjoy the same sort of fun?

Thanks

Soi 7/1 should have all you need , from the Famous Eden Club & Ring Bar .. also Bangkok Beat for live Music at night .. for Afternoon Fun , with no hassle girls check BooSan Bar , PP Bar and Crazy hot , is a Short Soi ,, all the bars are next to each other ,

When you walk to Sukhumvit from Soi 11 . turn right and Soi 7/1 is next Soi.. will see a Subway Sandwich shop on corner,,

And dont forget the " Beer Garden " on Soi 7 . :o

Cheers

Soi 7/1 should have all you need , from the Famous Eden Club & Ring Bar .. also Bangkok Beat for live Music at night .. for Afternoon Fun , with no hassle girls check BooSan Bar , PP Bar and Crazy hot , is a Short Soi ,, all the bars are next to each other ,

When you walk to Sukhumvit from Soi 11 . turn right and Soi 7/1 is next Soi.. will see a Subway Sandwich shop on corner,,

And dont forget the " Beer Garden " on Soi 7 . :o

Cheers

Thats a good summary :D

like the number 13 in western culture, the number 9 is unlucky in Thai culture (I guess)
Well it's a lucky number actually, but Suk Soi 9 is a rather pathetic little thing, more of a back alley to 7/1 than a real soi.

James, my map shows Suk Soi 17 as a little short street just before you get to/bordering the Robinson's Store and Westin Hotel, with Soi 19 and City Lodge on the opposite side toward Asoke...

correct. soi 17 is right beside the robinsons/macdonalds entrance, it runs psrallel to the entry ramp/road to the undergrounnd parking.

as someone else said, soi 9 is just before 11. i believe vasu travel is on the corner, great place to exchange money.

soi 9 is an alley that is basically lined with old "townhouses". it also seeems to double as a toilet for the plastic chair establishments.

By the way, the other night passing by there, I noticed that the Absolute 7 Pub seems to have disappeared, as I believe has been lately reported elsewhere on TV.

Is the Bangkok Beat place mentioned above the new venue in Absolute 7's old space??? Or Bangkok Beat is in a different location?

Passing by the other night, it looked like the old Absolute 7 space was virtually empty.