Setting Up A Charity Foundation

I am seriously considering setting up a charity foundation here in Thailand. However, I cannot find much information so far. Do companies like Sunbelt who do company registrations do charity foundations too? Is it much the same process and payment? Do the majority of the board have to be Thai? If anyone has any experience in this then please let me know.

Yeah same here ...I have already got one...20 Rai in Chiang Mai :D

Still celeb. B.day..my office found out so just done the Moon under the Water -over the Water and now in the Water...so wot wis the question :o

• 3 months later...

Trying to revive this thread, because I basically have the same questions as the OP: What is the procedure for establishing a foundation under Thai law, and what about the other legal rules concerning foundations, such as who is authorized to sign on behalf of a foundation? Does anybody have any info, thx in advance, K.

Was told by an attorney's office that this is even more difficult to set up than a regular company. (That's not promising, considering how difficult THAT is to set up.)

Will be speaking to an actual attorney about this in a couple of days, when they decide to come into the office.

If it's too much trouble, I simply won't be doing it.

Oh well, Thailand's loss. I guess they don't need any more charitible organizations. All needs have already been met!