I have had an account with HSBC Thailand for 10 years, for the past 5 years have 2 account.. 1x Fixed rate - fixed to July 2013 + 1x normal for transfers and the interest from the Fixed Rate A/c

Yesterday received at letter stating that the new minimum balance required is 500,000 baht, and as mine is less there is now a monthly charge of 300 baht. it carries on to say 'Please maintain your average daily total balance above THB 500,000 from 02 May 2009 to 01 June 2009 to avoid incurring a minimum balance charge' The letter also tells me that 300 baht was taken from my account on the 2nd May and if not above the minimum by 1st June the next 300 baht will be applied on the 2nd June.

HELP Anyone had/have this? what is this all about?

Edit: Should I close this account and put the balance into my Bangkok Account?

It is easy as I am with First Direct in the UK [part of HSBC] so have a template set up in the UK so money can be transferred

Edited by ignis

I have a HSBC account in Jersey and they charge 20UKp per month if your balance is below a certain level :)

I see, strange because I have monthly Bank statements going back until August 2004 and none show any charge, as HSBC is not my day to day Bank, I will take out 100,000 to put into Bangkok Bank, so often on the statements my balance have been down to 30,000, and has never since August 2004 shown a balance in this account of more than 300,000