After Some Advice

a friend of the family asked me for some advice because i live in thailand but as i have never stayed in bkk i need some advice

what they want to do is buy one maybe two condo or apartment units for rental in bkk and rent them out

they plan to spend between 20-35 thousand dollars per unit

now the questions

what are the major districts / areas of bangkok roughly speaking what would a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom condo unit cost in such the area

is it possible for a foreigner to get a loan against a property they own in thailand

they are not after high end units just something that retains its value can be sold and something that can be rented out

is this possible sorry for all the questions i am not an expert and need some advice to pass on

please no one pm me to sell me condos as it is not for me - thanks for understanding

PastEgo

Well them budget very low for a good unit. Cheapest studios you can buy around 1.8 million those sell by project developers like the one Lumpini or Condo One. Locations often good like naratiwas rd or rama 3 etc. But if they want good condo around Sukhumvit Silom sathorn etc price is vary from 5 million to 20 million maybe more. Foreigners can get mortgage loan on property they own because they own title deed for them condo. That title deed is square meter not same as landlord had.

Best Regards

Santo

URL removed per forum rules

Very fast mortage loan in 3 days.

a friend of the family asked me for some advice because i live in thailand but as i have never stayed in bkk i need some advice

what they want to do is buy one maybe two condo or apartment units for rental in bkk and rent them out

now the questions

what are the major districts / areas of bangkok roughly speaking what would a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom condo unit cost in such the area

is it possible for a foreigner to get a loan against a property they own in thailand

they are not after high end units just something that retains its value can be sold and something that can be rented out

is this possible sorry for all the questions i am not an expert and need some advice to pass on

please no one pm me to sell me condos as it is not for me - thanks for understanding

PastEgo

the friend of the family does not care if the unit does not inrease in value or is mega desirable as long as it can be let out and not lose value

Market here is the same as elsewhere nowdays. Units are losing value and difficult to rent (with good yields) at the moment.

the friend of the family does not care if the unit does not inrease in value or is mega desirable as long as it can be let out and not lose value

He wants a sure thing, eh?

No such thing.

If he want to be reasonable, he must do a lot of research himself. Nobody can say "this" or "that" will work. It's all research, cold calculations, marketing (not sales), a bit of luck and most of all a desire to succeed.

Now, MY opinion is that the Thai property market will stay stagnant for a few years, much like after 1997, and probably experience a slow pickup after a few years.

Thais do not generally rent for more than a few thousand baht a month. Anything higher, and they tend to buy their own place.

Foreigners do not travel to Thailand at all at the moment. Who knows when it will pickup again.

now the questions

PastEgo

If this budget range includes fitting out and furnishing, that leaves only condo units of Nirun residence. Buy 2 adjacent units and convert them into a 1bed/2bath.

now the questions

PastEgo

Hi there;

20-30k is not much to spend but now is a good time to buy.

A 1 million baht condo will only pull in about 5,000 bht per month maximum. It will retain it's value but there are so many on the market now it would take a long time to re sell.

As a long term investment, say 5 years+ I think it's a very good time to buy.

I can suggest condo in sukhumvit 38, the name is 'Plus 38 Condominium' (Coz before i was stay there). They renting around 20.000 Bath/month (1 bed / 1 bath), only a few minutes walking to BTS

Thonglor also nice facilities as fitness and swimming pool. Variety of

foods until late night nearby, so u no need to worries find the food. If u need info about this, u can search the link: www.bkkcitismart.com

If this budget range includes fitting out and furnishing, that leaves only condo units of Nirun residence. Buy 2 adjacent units and convert them into a 1bed/2bath.

Where's Nirun residence located?

Various locations in the outskirt of Bangkok. Units are 20+m2 studio with shower/toilet and balcony. You can buy 2 adjacent units and convert it into 1bed/2bath.

See the last 3 entries of this link: http://www.kanokrealty.com/s-condo-bkk-3.htm